Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only had my scooby 3 months from new and.....

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2005, 05:54 AM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only had my scooby 3 months from new and.....

Noticed a little dent on one of the rear doors, where some tw*t has obviously opened there car door onto mine in a car park. Well p*ssed and wish I had never noticed it now.
Old 26 May 2005, 06:53 AM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Matey its bad news and unfortunately a typical occurrence! What i would say is get a hold of your local dentmaster rep or someone similar and get it popped it asap. You'll feel better, if a little lighter in the cash!

Kevin
Old 26 May 2005, 07:00 AM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

welcome to the world of tinfoil doors mate!
Old 26 May 2005, 07:44 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Well, at least you hav'nt got the 7 i have.
I am finding so many wnakers it is unreal.
7 f00kas, ffs. And 2 of them are on the creases of the body shape itself.
Annoyed aint the word for it.
My last one, and this is no exaggeration, happened after i parked at my local Tesco, one space away from the only car there, leaving 12 surrounding spaces that were empty. I came back to my car to find a car parked so close to my passenger door, there was no way the driver could of got out without hitting my door, and although he was still sat in his car as though he was waiting for someone, i had a fukcing dint there which i never found till i got home. I was gutted. 12 empty fukcing spaces, and i get the **** that does that.
Old 26 May 2005, 08:47 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

U just can't win with this can u?
If u park well away from anyone else, u will inevitably come back & find someone parked right next 2 u!
I think a nice car on its own makes other people want 2 put their own car near it, thinking is a "safe" or desirable place 2 park even tho they may still dink your doors when getting out!
Illogical I know but check it out! If u see a total sh..t heap parked on its own, it will stay on its own, all day!!!
As 4 dinks, none on the STi as yet but have come back 2 find people have parked so close that:
1. Couldn't get Terrano out of car park as Discovery woman had parked so close the mirrors were actually intertwined!
2. Couldn't get in MX5 as **** had parked so close 2 what is clearly a 2 door sports car & therefore needs a bit of room at least & had 2 resort 2 disabling alarm & climbing over drivers door 2 get in!
Old 26 May 2005, 10:28 AM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

I guess I should expect a few more then to make my car look complete, as it sounds like its really common and happens all too often. Its really annoying cos I keep noticing it everytime I walk to the car now, and what makes it worse is others in the family have noticed it without me even pointing it out.

What really rubs salt in the wound is the fact that the pr*cks that do it wont have a mark on their door as they make contact with the edge of their door which is alot stronger than the middle of a car door panel which is where we seem to take the hit.

Some f*kers cant leave a nice car intact!
Old 26 May 2005, 10:37 AM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This is my worst fear leaving it in a busy carpark. So far I've got anyway with never doing so, apart for at work but I know the guy who always parked next to me and I can see it from my office window.
I once stayed with it while the wife did the shopping in Sainsburys. I think she thought I was mad.
Old 26 May 2005, 11:08 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

The most annoying thing is you look around the car park for a space that is miles from the shops, tucked away in the corner so can only have a car on one side. Park as close as possible to the kerb side to give them as much room as possible to open their doors if someone does park next to you.

Then, when you get back, a great lug of people carrier with baby seats etc has parked over the line right next to you!!! aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhh BACK OFF!!!
Old 26 May 2005, 11:09 AM
Dave Hughes
Scooby Regular

The solution......

Find quiet part of car park and take up two spaces and park smack bang in the middle of them

No-one will park anywhere near you then.

Anyone gives you and **** explain to them that had they designed thier car park with sufficient spacing for people to enter and exit their vehicles without causing damage to others then you would not have to resort to such measures !!

Been doing this for years, most people just think it's bad parking

Dave Hughes (with plenty of dinks from previous owners )
Old 26 May 2005, 11:49 AM
JoelDee
Scooby Newbie

Unlucky mate really are some ****s out there they should be more careful!!! Arrgh makes me so mad!