Sponsored by:

Impreza build quality?

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2005, 11:18 AM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza build quality?

Do bits ever just fall off? Do dashboards ever come lose, or door panels rattle, or pices of trim come away. I've never heard anybody say it has happened. I've had mine seven years from new and the only thing that rattles is the passenger seat belt catch; which stops if I push it down against the seat.

I'm well-chuffed with my car! I hope the 05 will be as good when I get to test drive it.
Old 24 May 2005, 01:54 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc

I had an MY03 for 12 months and can honestly say nothing went wrong with it. Had a few extra bits and pieces put on including PPP and still nothing went wrong with it. Great cars that are now built well inside and out.
Old 24 May 2005, 03:00 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

On my second one now and the only thing that rattled was the nodding Scooby doo on the back shelf of my last one . I must say though that the new shape is a lot quieter/ refined than the classic , to be expected though I guess
Old 24 May 2005, 03:09 PM
Uroboros
Scooby Newbie

On my MY00 classic Turbo the only thing to go wrong was the drivers door electric window motor.

I first noticed that the window wasnt quite flush to the rubber seal at the front and was causing a slight wind noise. Later it gradually became worse until the window didnt sit right at all.

Took it to the garage and they swapped in a new motor and reseated the window - been fine since then. Can't remember exactly how much the motor cost me but I think it was around £80 though. They did say that it was a common fault though.

I'm fairly certain that it was caused by shutting the door when the window was wound down - I think some motor seating came loose and strained the motor after that. Probably should have got it checked out as soon as the wind noise appeared and may then have been able to prevent the motor from being strained - but then hindsight is a wonderful thing
Old 24 May 2005, 08:47 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my UK MY95 for about 18 months now. It's had numerous mods since I bought it and it gets driven "properly". It has never let me down yet.