Z4 vs WRX+PPP help for a convert

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2005, 12:38 AM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Z4 vs WRX+PPP help for a convert

I'm new on here so hello everyone!!!!

I have recently given up a BMW Z4 which I honestly believe is one of the best drivers cars ever, for a WRX300 and have only thus far tested a standard WRX. I thought the test drive in a standard WRX was mind blowing in terms of performance and ordered the WRX300 immediately thinking it must be beyond ridiculous in terms of performane.

Does anyone own a WRX PPP and if so what have their experiences been vs other performance cars driven and overall ownership?
Old 19 May 2005, 12:47 AM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

Can't imagine what you'd thought if you tried an STi PPP

I don't know if they fall into the performance car category or not, but I used to have a Celica 190 - I used to think it was pretty good (even if you did have to rev it to high heaven). After being bitten by the Scooby bug, I wouldn't go back
Old 19 May 2005, 09:23 AM
New_scooby_04

Cool

Originally Posted by jbwrx300
I'm new on here so hello everyone!!!!

I have recently given up a BMW Z4 which I honestly believe is one of the best drivers cars ever, for a WRX300 and have only thus far tested a standard WRX. I thought the test drive in a standard WRX was mind blowing in terms of performance and ordered the WRX300 immediately thinking it must be beyond ridiculous in terms of performane.

Does anyone own a WRX PPP and if so what have their experiences been vs other performance cars driven and overall ownership?
Glad you enjoyed the car.

You do realise the WRX 300 denotes a special edition....not 300bhp don't you?!?! Even std Scoobies are quick. PPP makes the WRX pretty formidable (o-62 4.8 seconds, quick enough for ya?) and the Sti pretty much uncatchable by anything other than an Evo or Skyline....or some considerably more expensive exotica.

NS04
Old 19 May 2005, 09:41 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I have an 03 WRX PPP, and it is great. But if I could step back 18 months I'd not have bought it. Having driven several STi PPP's, with other mods to power and suspension, I'd have gone STi straight away. It's not that they are considerably faster on paper (STi PPP 0.2s quicker to 60 than WRX PPP) but on the road the extra and better diffs, quicker rack, better suspension and quick 6 speed 'box make for a much more focused driving experience. Also, the engine is much more tuneable for when the modding bug takes hold. Visually more appealing too. Having said all that, my car held its own last night against several new STi's amongst other variants in a run in the countryside, so maybe I don't need that Spec C quite yet
Old 19 May 2005, 12:46 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Having said all that, my car held its own last night against several new STi's amongst other variants in a run in the countryside, so maybe I don't need that Spec C quite yet
Nice to hear that..!

Remind us again of your mods.

Jason