Sponsored by:

Just arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2005, 11:15 AM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just arrived!

My new wheels have just arrived! Am giddy to get them on now, can anyone pop round and sort it for me? Paul not home till 5 and am not sure i can wait that long!
Old 18 May 2005, 02:27 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steffiraf
My new wheels have just arrived! Am giddy to get them on now, can anyone pop round and sort it for me? Paul not home till 5 and am not sure i can wait that long!
New wheels , what happened to the last ones???

Were you getting fed up of everyone asking to see your gash??
Old 18 May 2005, 03:00 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Not at all Offset was all wrong, despite kei telling me that 42 would be fine on a scoob. It was scraping the wheel arch when giving it some stick round bends. Have still got the others and will sell them when i've sorted me gash
Am gutted though
Old 18 May 2005, 03:46 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Not at all Offset was all wrong, despite kei telling me that 42 would be fine on a scoob. It was scraping the wheel arch when giving it some stick round bends. Have still got the others and will sell them when i've sorted me gash
Am gutted though
Have you got the same again then but with the correct offset or have you gone for something even sexier???

By the way I reckon your gash just needs filling, that should sort it
Old 18 May 2005, 03:52 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bgood
Have you got the same again then but with the correct offset or have you gone for something even sexier???

By the way I reckon your gash just needs filling, that should sort it
Hopefully summat sexier..... gold redlines

Any recommendations for getting my gash filled? Scratch and sniff(or whatever its called appears to have gone under)
Old 18 May 2005, 05:28 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Gash?

Sniffing gash?
Old 18 May 2005, 05:45 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Sorry I didn't see this earlier Steff, I'd have popped up and sorted you out Spent the day polishing instead. Was up your way yesterday (carvery at 11th Earl).
Old 18 May 2005, 08:16 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Well, what do ya reckon?

Old 18 May 2005, 08:18 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

Thats one of the nicest looking wagons I think I've seen.
I like that a lot. Daz
Old 18 May 2005, 08:21 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Thanks very much, i love it to bits
Old 18 May 2005, 08:27 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Well, what do ya reckon?

Have you just posted a pic of yr motor because i cant see it, and im not entirely sure where i should be looking.

Help...
Old 18 May 2005, 08:34 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

it should just come up on yr screen?
Old 18 May 2005, 09:00 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

nope.

Some pics do just appear on some posts but some do not. I really feel like im missing out on something now.

Old 18 May 2005, 09:12 PM
Pauleds2
Scooby Regular

I can see the pics and it looks fantastic.
Mind you i did fit the wheels!

Paul.

With the correct offset and the new Toyos it's a different car.Grips like excrement to a blanket and far less road noise too.
Old 18 May 2005, 11:57 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Nice But the wrong colour

Are they the copies or the real deal
Old 19 May 2005, 12:27 AM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic

should of had them painted blue, hey VWboy?

nice wheels steffi
Old 19 May 2005, 11:02 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Im sorry, but do people seriously think thats a nice looking car? I understand the concept of courses for horses and all that, but that car just isnt a good looking car.
In what way does a big, outdated, white estate with gold wheels look nice? it looks like someone with a sensible Hyundai estate lent it to his kid, and he stuck loads of bits on it to make it look chav.

Its very ugly, and the only reason I had to post was to try and understand how people look at that and see "good looking car"? what do you recon to Zonda's? or Nobles? good looking too? good looking and that car are planets apart.

It may go well, whatever, but from a looks and class perspective, that thing is seriously ugly, and seriously chavvy, all in my opinion of course, just have to try and understand what flowing lines, performance car attitude, sense of occasion car you're all looking at.
Old 19 May 2005, 11:21 AM
Tyrone Melody
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SideShowBob
Im sorry, but do people seriously think thats a nice looking car? I understand the concept of courses for horses and all that, but that car just isnt a good looking car.
In what way does a big, outdated, white estate with gold wheels look nice? it looks like someone with a sensible Hyundai estate lent it to his kid, and he stuck loads of bits on it to make it look chav.

Its very ugly, and the only reason I had to post was to try and understand how people look at that and see "good looking car"? what do you recon to Zonda's? or Nobles? good looking too? good looking and that car are planets apart.

It may go well, whatever, but from a looks and class perspective, that thing is seriously ugly, and seriously chavvy, all in my opinion of course, just have to try and understand what flowing lines, performance car attitude, sense of occasion car you're all looking at.
Eveyones entitled to their opinion.

I happen to think the car looks pretty decent. Not the sort that id go for personally myself, but a nice car for someone else to have (if that makes any sense).

Its certainly nicer than my car, but then again, not all of us have the money.
Old 19 May 2005, 03:47 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SideShowBob

Thanks for your comments, yr quite entitled to your opinion. I shall read, then ignore. Cheers P***k
Old 19 May 2005, 04:18 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments, yr quite entitled to your opinion. I shall read, then ignore. Cheers P***k
You do that, its clear you're good at ignoring things, like good taste.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:21 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

If you dont like scoobs then why the f*ck do you come on this site???
Old 19 May 2005, 04:24 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

I didnt say I dont like Scoobs, but whether that means id call them good looking is another story.
You honestly believe in the wide world of cars, yours is good looking? you have gold wheels on a white car, think about it, surely your good taste gland turns in its grave every time you look at it?

You asked what people think of your car, I think its ugly.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:31 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Np. I like it and thats all that matters.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:39 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

True, I was perhaps a bit harsh, but I do find it odd that a scoob can be considered nice looking.
Im sure to those that appreciate the looks of a scoob, it looks good.

But gold wheels? would look classier with silver wheels.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:42 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Like these?

Or these?
Old 19 May 2005, 04:45 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Yeah, those first ones seem to suit it nicely, second ones not as much, are the gold ones you bought lighter? as in wiehgt?

It looks nice (for a scoob ) in the first pic, very clean car, you done much with the engine as yet?
Old 19 May 2005, 04:52 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

The first one are the original 16's but i really dont like them. Second ones offset was wrong, gold ones are much lighter. It feels nicest to drive with the gold ones on.

I havent done anything to the engine nor will i be. I like its performance just fine.

There are only a few small things i want to do with it now, all of which are cosmetic. Like painting my calipers and possibly sti rear lights but thats it. Am not going chav-happy with it!

P.s. The only that aren't completely standard is the exhaust(scoobysport), the wheels and the crystal pack for the indicators
Old 19 May 2005, 04:59 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Cool. I was perhaps a little aggressive in my comments before, main thing is, as you say, that you like the car.
I do find it wierd how people appreciate the looks when it comes to scoobs, but then im an odd one out, as I dont like the way cossies look either, or any of the cars that seem to be craved after these days.

Anyway, im hardly the Suzanne and Trinny of the car world, so enjoy it, and if I see you on the roads ill be sure to give you a thumbs up before leaving you and your gold wheels for dust
Old 19 May 2005, 05:07 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Not a baaaad looking motor steffi, I think it does look ok in the gold.

Just think the black mirrors, door handles and skirts dont do it any favours.
If you had those colour coded, would look soo much better. And would show your wheels off better.

Heres mine as bought
http://scoobs.fotopic.net/p472146.html

colour coded
http://scoobs.fotopic.net/p12882016.html
Old 19 May 2005, 05:07 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Bob, I think we need to address what it is people like about Scoobs. Primarily, most people like their cars because they are THEIRS, from Nova boys right through to Ferrari owners. The initial attraction to Scoobs isn't for their looks IMHO, but the performance available for the minimal financial outlay. An appreciation of their aesthetic grows from respect of that potential, and you begin to appreciate the changes, good or bad, that individuals make to their cars for whatever reason, be it performance or cosmetic. They are all Japanese saloon/estate cars, and admittedly not the prettiest car ever designed, but just as Michael Hutchence dumped Helena Christianson for Paula Yates, we choose these cars because they are go-ers not just show-ers. Much like Helena, Paganis, Ferraris, Porsches, Astons and Nobles are often beyond the reach of everyday working folk, so although we still appreciate them for what they are, we also appreciate what we have. There's nothing wrong with dreaming of exotic cars, women, houses or whatever takes your fancy, but to most people they will only ever be dreams and I see nothing wrong in appreciating what you have, or what others have at any level. Yes, given the opportunity I would have a DB9, F430, Gallardo or whatever, but until that opportunity arrives I'll settle for my ugly 4 door Jap saloon with it's ridiculous rear wing, daft bonnet scoop and garish wheels, because for my income and my requirements for a car it ticks all the boxes. It makes me smile every time I drive it, and for that I love it. Even it it is ugly, but from the driving seat I don't see how it looks. Or would you rather have anyone with a car deemed to be not very pretty didn't care for them, let them rot away and showed them no respect. Maybe they could have the same attitude to their homes, pets and even families. There are people like that (and plenty of them these days) but most ordinary, decent, respectful people look after what they have. Whether it's an ugly car, an ugly house, an ugly dog or even an ugly child, we love them because they're ours, and no-one else has a right to tell us what we should do with them.

Quick Reply: Just arrived!