Sponsored by:

Shes Dented and Bruised

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2005, 09:14 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Shes Dented and Bruised

a Bit fed up this morning,Went to B & Q to get some grout and parked the Scooby away from the store and found a spot where no other cars parked luckily my 13 year old daughter stopped in the car. When I came back after 10 mins a woman was stood by my car with a piece of paper.. yes youve guessed it she had reversed into a parking spot and was busy looking elsewhere and reversed through her bay and straight into the front end of my nice shiny Scooby and knacked the bumper and scrapped and moved the headlight. my daughter didn t get out but after speaking to the woman who was very sorry she admitted that she was tempted to drive off had it not been for my daughter sat in the car. Reported it the insurance company and they wanted to send it to their preffered rapairer but i have insisted that a Subaru dealer do the repairs.
Has anyone any idea as to the cost of the bumper and headlight MY03 WRX
powerman
Old 15 May 2005, 09:17 AM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

I would say around the £700 mark. Thats how much it cost for a rear on a my03 wrx.
Sorry to hear about it mate, but at least you got her details.
Old 15 May 2005, 09:22 AM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Powerman,

I can't answer your question but you have my sympathies on this one. Seems your daughter saved the day! How anyone can consider driving off after deliberately/carelessly causing damage to someone else's property I do not know

On the rare occasions I use the Scoob to get to places like B&Q, Toys-r-us, I too park as far away from anyone and from the entrance to the store as possible.

Yes, you've guessed it, 5 mins later some tit-less wonder drives right up beside you with a Chelsea tractor and gets Isabella and Peregrine out the back without a care in the world for your pride and joy.

Why do people do this?

WB
Old 15 May 2005, 09:23 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

I paid £150 for a brand new 03 bumper skin from a main dealer last year and then a further 150 to get it painted.

would imagine the headlight to be around the £200 mark

Jon
Old 15 May 2005, 09:48 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

My sympathies Powerman, hope your poor daughter wasn't too shocked by it all, must have been quite upsetting for her, even a minor shunt can still cause a jolt & a bang!
And I thought it was just me that parked in the farthest, most islolated corners at B&Q, Asda, etc!
B&Q is the absolute worst tho, I have no idea why so many people lose all ability to drive as soon as they get on its carpark, I hate the place!
Old 15 May 2005, 12:47 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Instead of getting your insurers to chase up the repairs, speak to a solicitor who will make sure you get the repairs done to your satisfaction and from the dealer you wish. The solicitor will claim his fee's back from the third party. This can only be done where there is no blame to yourself and it keeps your insurance company out of the loop as they are working for themselves, not you.
Old 15 May 2005, 01:39 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

Very sorry to hear about your troubles with Miss Daisy. Typical though really, park miles away from any other car and some idiot will hit it and the birds always cr*p on a freshly waxed car. Call it sod's law.

But is it me or are all scooby drivers (including me) so much more cautious with their impreza than any other car they have had. I had a 99V BMW 328ci and I never worried about where to park and that was a £15.000 car. But now I have a 1995 WRX (hardly an expensive car) and I treat it like my baby.

Anyone else on here like this or is it just me???

Once again sorry to hear about your experience but I'm sure it won't be long before I am putting up the same thread soon.
Old 15 May 2005, 02:09 PM
sewer rat
Scooby Regular

i know how you feel 3 weeks ago 3 lads on minimoto's ( all in late 20's ) racing around where i live. one looses control straight into my scoob over a grand in damage then last sunday at tesco's someone pushed their trolly into rear wing leaving a little but very noticable dent. why cant people show a litte care in these places! my car has been in the bodyshop since last monday, its sunny and im pi$$ed off!!!
Old 15 May 2005, 06:34 PM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

I have that many door dings in mine from **** wits I give up, I still cant imagine what type of vehicle has made soem of them, think by the height it was a monster truck!

Whenever possible I park in furthest corner, one without a thro spot infront for some 1/2wit to drive though, and then I take up 2 spots (if car park quiet so as not to pee off others who can not find a spot).
Old 15 May 2005, 08:37 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

yep me to ive just moved house and the house is on a corner and thier is about 6 or seven young lads who use the kerb as a jump on thier bmx's and skate boards, the other day i was looking out the window and one lad fell off his board and the ******* board went under the front end of the scoob and i ran out side and told the liitlke ******* i would rip thier heads off if they dent scratch bruise the motor.
Old 15 May 2005, 08:52 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

This is really bad i know, but i have now taken to parking in (only when the car parks are not too busy) in the dissabled or parent spaces, as these tend to have three foot either side of the actual bay.

I do feel bad sometimes but not as bad as when i return to the car with yet another dent in the side of my shiny scoob.

Apologising in advance to all who this may affect.
Old 15 May 2005, 09:05 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replys i thought it was just me who was paranoid about where I parked and it sends her indoors crazy,one of the comments that I agreed with was those people that dont care where they park seem to get away without the dreded dink on the side.Hands up those that have never parked in a disabled spot or Mums with small children spots(leave a dummy on the dash board this always fools em .)
powerman
Old 15 May 2005, 11:26 PM
topoff
Scooby Regular

See I told the wife I was not the only one that parked the scoob as far away from the entrance as poss....I use certain spaces that are bigger or on their own in certain carparks otherwise i drive back out (to the disgust of the wife).

I always look back when entering the DIY stores just to make sure no one has parked next to me,then i walk round worrying about the car and trying to look through the windows.

I guess i am not the only paranoid scooby owner
Old 16 May 2005, 11:13 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

just looks like me and you topoff
Old 16 May 2005, 11:26 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Does the odd scratch really matter? i just park in a space and be done with it.

My TVR, BMW, SCoob, etc all had the odd ding....hardly worth getting worried about though.

T
Old 16 May 2005, 07:02 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Nice to take that aproach but when you buy a car first thing you do is check for damage etc.So when its time to sell its a bit easier unless your just trading in for new and condition is not too important as long as its nowt major..
Old 16 May 2005, 07:43 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Sorry but yes small dent and scratches do matter to me, it is soul destroying to have a freshly polished car sitting there with annoying little dent spoiling it. They seem to show up so much more when the car is clean.

Funny though i must agree with one of the previous threads, the two cars i owned before ( civic type r and lotus elise), never gave me the worries that the Scooby does.
Old 16 May 2005, 08:22 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This is all so true and I'm glad I'm not the only paranoid nutter....We have a 7 year old Fiesta in which we do most of the family shops etc. I don't care where I park it or how narrow the gap is. Never had a perceptible scratch.
I park the Scoob as far away as possible from everything else in as big a space as possible. I got a bit behind on the cleaning but gave it a polish after a week when it was covered in country lane muck and cackola. Lo and behold a supermarket special back bumper scrape was revealed in all its glory.
I have a theory that people are drawn like sheep to another parked car, particularly in an empty car park full of spaces..Nuts!
Old 16 May 2005, 08:30 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I am actually going to a car auction next monday to get a runaround, for this very reason.

Although my collegue went over the weekend and won a k reg wrx for £1500. He was then followed to the petrol garage by someone from the auction, who straight away brought it off him for £1800.

Suppose they were prepared to pay the extra £300 to check for smoke, gearbox problems, etc.

I just know i will buy another Scoob for a run around, then i will end up with two cars to worry about.

Old 16 May 2005, 08:46 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mgcvk
I have a theory that people are drawn like sheep to another parked car, particularly in an empty car park full of spaces..Nuts!
Exactly. Happened to me not long after we got car. Parked in completely empty part of Tescos car park and guess what.. just as I was coming back out of store and viewing car in the far distance, I saw some old or maybe young codger in an old Volvo estate manoevering about and with my car still the only one for about 1/4 mile, he must have managed to touch the leading edge of my front wing. I'm sure it was him that made a weeny dent because it was not there before. The dent's still there about 1/2 inch round across and 1/4 inch deep. It's almost not worth bothering about, but then again, if you keep looking at the area, the dent just becomes more noticeable. It's on the sculpted edge between the bug eye headlight and the little orange reflector thingy and the paint surface has not been cracked. Does anyone know if it would be an easy (or not too costly) job to tap out?

Oh, and yes - the birds make more mess on this car then all of my old cars put together.
Old 16 May 2005, 09:00 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

If the paint isn't cracked or damaged you should be able to get a "dent doctor" to sort that out mate, have used them before and it usually costs about £60 worth every penny.

If you live in the Essex/East London area i will get you a number.
Old 17 May 2005, 08:19 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Heres one reason why the scooby suffers more dents than any other..when i bought my last scooby that was 1 year old it had a few minor dinks around the doors so i called in dent wizard who told me that out of all the cars they work on subarus are the softest panels of them all hence more dents appear even with the slightest knock and I think he's right
Old 17 May 2005, 08:26 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I am sure that it has a lot to do with the condition that the cars are kept in, dents show so much on my blue WRX when its polished, but you cant really see them otherwise.

Powerman1 How did it go with the dent removal, and how much did you get charged?

Cheers
Old 17 May 2005, 08:35 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
If the paint isn't cracked or damaged you should be able to get a "dent doctor" to sort that out mate, have used them before and it usually costs about £60 worth every penny.

If you live in the Essex/East London area i will get you a number.
Thanks for reply but I live out in Berkshire. I expect there will be someone locally or more this side of London on the lines of 'littleknocks' - ideally who comes out and does it at your home.
Old 17 May 2005, 08:39 PM
sewer rat
Scooby Regular

when my scoob got hit in tesco's i was in a diabled parking bay with badge taking my elderly mother to do her shopping like a good son. recon some people see a nice car and just get jealous and cant help themselves
Old 17 May 2005, 08:50 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Not at all
Old 20 May 2005, 07:43 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
I am sure that it has a lot to do with the condition that the cars are kept in, dents show so much on my blue WRX when its polished, but you cant really see them otherwise.

Powerman1 How did it go with the dent removal, and how much did you get charged?

Cheers
Got this guys phone number and he did it on the side(sorry i cant pass it on)£60 for the whole car.I think its normally about £45 per panel for all dents within that panel and there is no charge if the dent is not removed to everyones satisfaction
Old 21 May 2005, 10:35 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Old 21 May 2005, 11:03 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Just recieved my quote for this and its going to be about £900 quid at my Local Subaru dealer.. Bluudy expensive