Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

petrol prices through the roof!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2005, 08:19 AM
R 14NS R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down petrol prices through the roof!!

was lost in colchester yesterday, looking for a shell petrol station and was getting really low, eventually came accross a Q8 and fortunately they had super unleaded, only 97 ron though so thought put a tenner in and find a shell on the way home, took the pump off the hook and the price came up, 97.9. unbelievable compared to 89.9 for optimax.

is this the most expensive petrol?
Old 10 May 2005, 08:35 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

As I posted earlier Q8 has been bought by Pace petroleum, they raised prices across all stations by a blanket 6p per litre (maybe more now), They also bring over families of immagrants to live and run the shop slave labour style. They also own a small number of texaco and total sites again you will notice these by the astonishing petrol prices.

What does this do well basically they are taking away UK jobs and fleecing the public who do not look at poll signs. avoid at all costs. basically vote with your feet and do not use q8 petroleum. A local one to me superunleaded is 101.7p a litre.
Old 10 May 2005, 08:59 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Unbelieveable that people would fill up at these places & pay these prices on a regular basis!
If you're run out of fuel & have 2 shove a tenner in at the nearest garage, u might not have a choice but they can't just rely on that kind of trade surely?
Gobsmacking is all I can say!
Old 10 May 2005, 09:14 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

The Q8 near to me in Latchingdon Essex stopped displaying their prices on the pole , just replaced it with a Budgen sign , only when you get to the pump do you know how much they are trying to fleece you ....they won't be getting my money !
Old 10 May 2005, 09:24 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

This has somehow sneakily happened. Im sure the prices weren't as bad back when all the strikes were happening? Time for another one me thinks...

MB
Old 10 May 2005, 09:25 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

I have fuel usage from acouple of Q8 sites. since pace took them over volume is down substantialy, but if you work it out profits are up beacuase of the inflated prices. if you lose 50k litres a week due to price increase on a 200k litre site and you are making 8 or 9p a litre instead of 2 or 3p, it adds up big time, you also have smaller running costs due to less fuel drops / staffing.

the downside is the shop takes a hit, but if they start losing money on shop sales they lease the shop out to a comm op who moves in and runs the whole op on commision on shop sales. this way if they are taking a hit on the shop it isnt pace who are losing out but the poor mug who bought into the comm op, but tpace win both ways, tey are shrewd but not nice in anyway shape of form.

just depends whether they stay in business or people start avoiding them like the plague and they disappear.
Old 10 May 2005, 09:29 AM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Oop North...

Tesco - 84p per litre 5p off per litre coupon goes to 79p per litre ...

£73.61 to fill Tank (DIsco V8 93 litres... LOL )

Mick

Last edited by Mick; 10 May 2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10 May 2005, 09:56 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

^^ is that with the fuel bag on the roof and jerry cans on the back as well
Old 10 May 2005, 01:58 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wait until Brown puts more tax on it. As sure as night follows day this mob will fleece you. For those of you who voted Labour - THANKS!
Blockade time comming soon?
JohnD
Old 10 May 2005, 02:07 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Agreed.

MB
Old 10 May 2005, 07:14 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by JohnD
Just wait until Brown puts more tax on it. As sure as night follows day this mob will fleece you. For those of you who voted Labour - THANKS!
Blockade time comming soon?
JohnD
People with short memories Fuel escalator? wonder who brought that in (tories) and who scrapped it (Labour).

Look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...sis/933648.stm

Makes for an interesting read. *the mob* have been fleecing you since 1979.
Old 10 May 2005, 07:23 PM
Karl-AL
Scooby Regular

I think its time for another fuel strike its getting beyond a joke now.
Old 10 May 2005, 10:52 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
People with short memories Fuel escalator? wonder who brought that in (tories) and who scrapped it (Labour).

Look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...sis/933648.stm

Makes for an interesting read. *the mob* have been fleecing you since 1979.
Yup, the tories brought it in when the fuel was amongst the cheapest in Europe. Labour increased it when they came to power and only when the price got really seriously stupid did they scrap it.

Amazing what you can read from the very same set of figures isn't it.

Simon.

Last edited by SD; 10 May 2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10 May 2005, 11:19 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

My read on it is that the conservatives are mostly to blame for fuel prices and the governments take on tax. Perhaps if Hecht pledged to cut fuel prices (along with everything else he was cutting) more wallies would have voted for him.

At the end of the day taxes have to come from somewhere, and I cant quite get my head around the fact that the same people on here who complain about high taxes also moan about public services and how improved they could be.
Old 11 May 2005, 12:03 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

They do have to come from somewhere but how can they be justified when they are a massive % higher than the rest of europe. Its not like we have to import if, we have significant refining in the UK. I work for an oil company and you get taxed for producing, taxed for exporting / refining, taxed at the pump, garage gets taxed on profits, etc. Then I get taxed on my pay for boody helping produce the stuff! Im not saying thats wrong, its just the % markup is just ludicrous. They hardly pump it back into roads or public transport either

I suppose other countries dont have whordes of immigrants that require funding from other sources such as fuel tax....

Also, even if the Conservatives were responsible, thats not a reasonable excuse for a different government to hide behind?

MB