Sponsored by:

Potential Scooby Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2005, 01:45 PM
ju5tin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Potential Scooby Owner

Can any of you Scooby whizzes offer me some much needed assistance.

Im about to purchase my first Impreza - costing me £11K. Cracking looking car, 'S' reg, Prodrive, 1 owner since new who has been so scared of scratching his pride and joy, its only been out of the garage long enough to do 17K miles!

He tells me there is no tracker fitted, and being new to this exciting world of high-performance motoring, (currently drive Vauxhall Calibra you see!), I am after advice.....am I spending my money wisely?? How much/where would I get this tracker fitted? And just any other general, helpful info would be much appreciated.
Old 05 May 2005, 01:52 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ju5tin
Can any of you Scooby whizzes offer me some much needed assistance.

Im about to purchase my first Impreza - costing me £11K. Cracking looking car, 'S' reg, Prodrive, 1 owner since new who has been so scared of scratching his pride and joy, its only been out of the garage long enough to do 17K miles!

He tells me there is no tracker fitted, and being new to this exciting world of high-performance motoring, (currently drive Vauxhall Calibra you see!), I am after advice.....am I spending my money wisely?? How much/where would I get this tracker fitted? And just any other general, helpful info would be much appreciated.
Decision predominantly hinges on the following question really: if the car was nicked, would you want it back?

Best to invest in ways of avoiding it getting nicked IMHO. A good Disclock and a Blackjax anti hijack device in conjuction with the very good cat one alarm and immobiliser should be more than adequate.

Some insurance companies ask for a Tracker as a pre-requisite for insurance, but not many. Some offer discounts for a tracker, but this has to be weighed against the costs of purchase, fitting and subscription!

Sounds like you're getting a cracking car. Make sure you do your homework on how to look after it!

All the best,

NS04
NS04
Old 05 May 2005, 02:45 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

S Reg for £11,000
Old 05 May 2005, 03:11 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by BOB'5
S Reg for £11,000
That is a bit steep. Mine came with 15k on the clock and didn't cost that 8 months ago, though it's not the prodrive version!

Personally I think 10k would be a more reasonable asking price, allowing for the cars rarity and milage. If it were higher milage/didn't have PPP I would say 8k tops

NS04