ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How best to sell your scooby

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2005, 12:10 PM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Location: From Outback 2 classic wagon 2 newage wagon 2 Legy TT 2 classic 2 newage STi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How best to sell your scooby

Anyone

Due to impending divorce(came out of the blue to me!) car must go to fund settlement with wife.

Car:
Black Sept 04 5door WRX
9k, balance of 3yr waranty/free servicing.
WRSport BB and STI filter, Blackjax.

What is the best method to sell the car without attacting test pilots, or worse people who come and scope your house so they can come and get it for free later.(Paranoid I know but I've had them in the house twice before for the keys).

On here obviously, Autotrader, local paper, etc.
What method do I use to only attract serious interest(show me they have arranged insurance for test drive, ask for cash deposit while test driving, ask to see proof of ability to purchase)

Dealer offered me £14k to take the car off me(down from 20k in 7 months!, how nice of them)

regards

PS any idea how much I should ask if I want it sold in 3 months?
Old 22 April 2005, 02:15 PM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Location: From Outback 2 classic wagon 2 newage wagon 2 Legy TT 2 classic 2 newage STi

BTT

Originally Posted by mattdoyle
Anyone

Due to impending divorce(came out of the blue to me!) car must go to fund settlement with wife.

Car:
Black Sept 04 5door WRX
9k, balance of 3yr waranty/free servicing.
WRSport BB and STI filter, Blackjax.

What is the best method to sell the car without attacting test pilots, or worse people who come and scope your house so they can come and get it for free later.(Paranoid I know but I've had them in the house twice before for the keys).

On here obviously, Autotrader, local paper, etc.
What method do I use to only attract serious interest(show me they have arranged insurance for test drive, ask for cash deposit while test driving, ask to see proof of ability to purchase)

Dealer offered me £14k to take the car off me(down from 20k in 7 months!, how nice of them)

regards

PS any idea how much I should ask if I want it sold in 3 months?
Old 22 April 2005, 02:26 PM
VTEC to Turbo
Scooby Regular

As you say mate, before they come and look make sure they know over the phone to bring proof of FULLY COMP cover before letting them test drive.

Don't know how much - other cars with the same spec etc on Autotrader is always a good indicator of what cars are going for. Cross ref with Parkers!

www.pistonheads.com is where I have sold my last car (FREE). Not a sniff through Autotrader.

Don't give out details (address) until you are happy they are serious. Tone they use, questions they ask info they try and get out of you (when are you going to be out - do you use it to commute to work) etc

At the end of the day you want/have to sell it so worst case it gets nicked and you can claim insurance.

Good luck
Old 22 April 2005, 03:10 PM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Cheers M8

Originally Posted by VTEC to Turbo
As you say mate, before they come and look make sure they know over the phone to bring proof of FULLY COMP cover before letting them test drive.

Don't know how much - other cars with the same spec etc on Autotrader is always a good indicator of what cars are going for. Cross ref with Parkers!

www.pistonheads.com is where I have sold my last car (FREE). Not a sniff through Autotrader.

Don't give out details (address) until you are happy they are serious. Tone they use, questions they ask info they try and get out of you (when are you going to be out - do you use it to commute to work) etc

At the end of the day you want/have to sell it so worst case it gets nicked and you can claim insurance.

Good luck
Old 22 April 2005, 04:47 PM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Matt, YHPM.
Old 22 April 2005, 09:08 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Matt - sell it to me for £7000 - split £7000 with wife...
When you've saved up another £3500 come back and I promise to sell it back to you for £7000

And everyone's happy

Mick
Old 25 April 2005, 10:36 AM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Mick

Top one m8, may well take that idea up(but slghtly modified)

reagrds

Originally Posted by Mick
Matt - sell it to me for £7000 - split £7000 with wife...
When you've saved up another £3500 come back and I promise to sell it back to you for £7000

And everyone's happy

Mick
Old 25 April 2005, 05:04 PM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Default BTT

Btt

Mick

Top one m8, may well take that idea up(but slghtly modified)

reagrds
Old 26 April 2005, 11:31 AM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

btt
Btt