Sponsored by:

Buying 05 WRX Need Some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2005, 08:47 PM
DazKXF250
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 05 WRX Need Some Advice

Alright, I'm new on here and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice with regard to buying an Import WRX from Virgin cars? or anywhere else that does them for arround £15999 inc vat. What should I look out for when ordering one of them and how can I be sure it's full UK spec with a 3 year warranty?

This will be my first impreza and I'm looking forward to getting one, I have had quite a few hot hatches over the years including a Williams Clio and recently a Civic Type R but I can't say any of them were a patch on the Impreza's i've driven. Had a test drive in an 05 WRX yesterday and what can I say, it was absolutely spot on.

Cheers,

Daz.
Old 21 April 2005, 09:55 PM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

I'd stay clear of Virgin cars. If you do a search on here you will find people have had problems with them. I'm not sure where you live but I recommend Alliance near Accrington.
Old 21 April 2005, 10:28 PM
DazKXF250
Scooby Regular

Have they had problems with the cars they are selling or is it hidden charges etc...? I've looked at the alliance website, will give them a call tomorow.

cheers mate.
Old 22 April 2005, 12:52 PM
patkin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DazKXF250
Have they had problems with the cars they are selling or is it hidden charges etc...? I've looked at the alliance website, will give them a call tomorow.

cheers mate.
Look out for OTR charges, metallic paint cost (Can be 500 quid), Thatcham cat 1 alarm to fit, locking wheel nuts to fit. Im buying from allbrandsnew.co.uk see my post SWRT Special edition.
Old 22 April 2005, 12:58 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Your best off trying to get a UK dealer car through a web company. UK cars are usually more desirable and easier to sell but don't often cost a lot more than the import ones ?!?!
Old 22 April 2005, 02:11 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy M3
Your best off trying to get a UK dealer car through a web company. UK cars are usually more desirable and easier to sell but don't often cost a lot more than the import ones ?!?!
Maybe but I was only offered a £1000 off from a UK dealer and all you need to fit to EU import is an alarm £299 and wheel nuts £30 and alliance do them fairly cheap
Old 22 April 2005, 02:56 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

www.well-lane.co.uk for some good eu imports. if you can get a uk dealer sup wrx for 19k get it mate. there are some pre reg / sub 1000 mile my05's on subaru.co.uk used cars for like 18- 19k. worth it for the peace of mind + start relationship with dealer for further purchases lata

Trending Topics

Old 22 April 2005, 04:28 PM
DazKXF250
Scooby Regular

I can't really afford £19k for a UK model, and a =£4k saving is a serious wedge off, if the only difference is an Alarm, Locking Wheel Nuts etc I'd be happy to buy one as long as there's no problem with regard to warranties with the UK dealers etc... The other thing I'm worried about is how much the Import will be worth in 3 years time?
Old 22 April 2005, 07:24 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Bought my 05 WRX in Aqua from Bob Gerrards in Leicester. They buy in from Cyprus and when i visited they had a good selection in stock. £15995 for the car £450 on the road costs and £275 for Cobra CAT 1. Friendly dealer no pressure and a bunch of flowers for the missus when we arrived to collect.
Old 22 April 2005, 07:55 PM
patkin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DazKXF250
I can't really afford £19k for a UK model, and a =£4k saving is a serious wedge off, if the only difference is an Alarm, Locking Wheel Nuts etc I'd be happy to buy one as long as there's no problem with regard to warranties with the UK dealers etc... The other thing I'm worried about is how much the Import will be worth in 3 years time?
This is always going to be a bone of contention, just look at it this way, if youve saved 4k you can afford to sell your UK spec parallel much cheaper than anybody who bought from a UK dealer. the dealers will of course hammer you, but the importer you bought it from will offer you as much as if you had an official UK car to trade in.

I had a BMW 328i convertible import from germany, when i sold it I got exactly book value.

UK cars are worth less than anybody expects, trust me and its our parallel imports that dealers will use to hammer the price down "well you can get a new one of those for xxx blah blah blah".

Do what you think is best Id far rather buy a new parallel import than a second hand UK car for the same price, and whoever buys it from you will feel the same way. What possible reason could a potential buyer site for overlooking an import with exactly same warranty and spec, ask yourself :-)
Old 24 April 2005, 11:02 AM
DazKXF250
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers for the advice people, It's been a great help, I've made my mind up and I'm gonna go for the import, I'll do a bit of ringing arround Alliance and Allbrandsnew, and no doubt you'll be hearing a lot more from me in the future.

Daz
Old 24 April 2005, 11:14 AM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

I've seen two places that do them for £15,999

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/vehicle_...?vehicle=52581

and here

http://www.tradesales.co.uk/

The former was mentioned in Top Gear magazine. In the end I went for a low mileage S-reg MY98 and saved even more money. Just prefered the old shape and couldn't justify spending so much money on something with a spolier so small