Sponsored by:

Buying a scoob...

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2005, 07:09 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a scoob...

...aside from looking at Auto-trader, Exchange & Mart and on here, can anyone recommend good places to look for a subaru.
Iv noticed prices are all over the place (had enough trouble selling my last one) and would like to check out as much as i can first. Want to find a really good uk classic at a reasonable price

Paul
Old 20 April 2005, 07:51 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Benefit of looking on here (& other Scoob related sites) is that you have the opportunity to check out the seller before expressing any interest. Many get returned to standard before sale, or may have been repaired after serious mechanical or crash damage. If you click to view previous posts by the username selling, you get 100 chances to see some history. Also, many of the people on here are enthusiasts, of which there are various types. Some modify to death, some lovingly enhance, others cherish the original car. Downside is that some cherish their car so much that they overvalue it Choose wisely
Old 20 April 2005, 08:12 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

exactly my issue, some over-price their car as they cherish it so much, nothing against this as im happy to buy off of an enthusiast - would prefer too actually.
Some take offence when you mention theyre price is too high tho, and then moan that they can't sell it
Old 20 April 2005, 08:33 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Maybe most of these will be in autotrader, but top marques is always worth a look. I find there are many more prestige and sports marques in autotrader than anywhere else, especially true the more expensive the car.