Could anyone help me?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2005, 08:12 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Could anyone help me?

Hi all,

I have just bought a Subaru. Its an Import from Japan and I've got little knowledge about them so I was just wondering whether or not anyone could give me a little insight to what the heck I'm meant to be doing with it?

http://www.japimportsuk.com/stock/?a...25775&carid=71

And here is some more information about it on Ebay as it was also advertised there too...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...vi:1:1v_search

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some basic spec's or BHP figures or 0-60 times, perhaps top speed etc? I cant seem to find anything thats not Japanise! I have problems reading English!

Thanks for the help! Look forward to some replies!

Phill
Old 12 April 2005, 08:19 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

do you mean that you have purchased a car and your not sure what you have??? how do you know if it was a good or bad one??? did you pay too much or get a good deal??

the car is a type-r 2door (probs V4 by the looks of it??) will be around 300bhp..............

alyn
Old 12 April 2005, 08:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phill-type-R
I have just bought a Subaru. I've got little knowledge about them so I was just wondering whether or not anyone could give me a little insight to what the heck I'm meant to be doing with it?
Phill
Drive it? Just guessing!

What your next steps are:-

1. Buy some rear doors

and

2. get rid of the Gay Marigold Wheels

Only joking!

Go out and enjoy it!!

Pete
Old 12 April 2005, 08:37 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

It's going to go bang in three weeks, isn't it?

Sorry, what I mean is, high-output imports may go bang if you don't run them on high octane fuel plus octane booster. You really need to do a search on the forum.

Last edited by Bubba po; 12 April 2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12 April 2005, 08:42 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

wot on earth is that bonnet.........
Old 12 April 2005, 08:45 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Oh, Christ on a bike... it's one of those pants scoops...
Old 12 April 2005, 08:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bought yourself a Sport with a BodyKit

Pete
Old 12 April 2005, 08:51 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Old 12 April 2005, 08:56 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Old 12 April 2005, 08:57 PM
rizzy
BANNED

nice car mate, its a type r which you already know,as stated above 300bhp its the rare 2 door version.
if you give us abit more info such as the milage and condtion of the car we can give you more feed back.

what grade was it given 1,2,3,4,5?

bubba poo mentioned octane booster.
you'll need a decent octane booster to top up each tank of petty to produce that 100 ron.jap fuel=100 ron uk fuel =97 ron (optimax)
otherwise there mite be a risk fo engine failure.

welcome to scoobynet mate
Old 12 April 2005, 09:00 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

Erm, thats not me!!

That bloody scoop is going!!! I have found a standard scoop and set of vents for the bonnet from Foresters... I dont mind the wheels as such, but I do want to change them eventually..

I do have to run it on Super unleaded, but thats it, I wasnt told about the octane booster!?!?!?!?!?!?! (HELP!!)

I paid £8500 for it, it has a full history since its been over here and I think I was told it has a full Jap history as well? I just saw a nice blue Subaru and as my friend had a Legancy 2L, no turbo, nothing extra, I kinda liked it

Hardly anything has been done it to, bar the 4 'extras' its standard.. Good or bad? I need some words of encourgement here please!!! Im nervous!!!
I prefer the 2 door as theres just going to be me in it Sadly..
Old 12 April 2005, 09:01 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

"What the heck I'm meant to be doing with it?" u say...
Ha, ha, v funny Phill but I'm not falling 4 that one & the joke's on u anyway cos April 1st was a week ago!!!
Seriously tho, lucky old u 2 have enough dosh 2 buy something like that apparently on a whim???
Old 12 April 2005, 09:02 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

3 doors and power between 250-300 bhp?

2 doors and more like around 280 ish+ BHP 0-60 around 4.5 seconds, and get rid of that bonnet, it looks very crap.
Old 12 April 2005, 09:03 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

phew thank god the scoop is going....... but would be best to run on super + booster as said above the car is/was mapped for 100 ron fuel and will run best on that.......
Old 12 April 2005, 09:04 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

I've no idea about the grade it was given Im affraid.. Apparently the guy that has had it before me has just been running it on Super? I dont think they have been using anything else in it? Is that a bad thing?

The car looked clean and tidy throughout. It has a Cat 1 system on it, no stereo but I've got mine from my 'current' car.

bubba poo if you are on about the bonnet, please I really do feel the same! It looks bloody horrible! I can assure you, its going to be changed!
Old 12 April 2005, 09:06 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

I was reading the long 44 page thread about the Type R's, I was wondering how will I know what type of gear box it has? I did think the rev's where pretty high, is there something I could do about that?

Is there anyway I could just run it on super with a re map or something? Would that work? Like I said, I have no idea at all about this car, I'd just like some ideas on what to do with it or what I shouldnt do with it!
Old 12 April 2005, 09:06 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It almost certainly wont have a full Japanese history Phill. It always upsets people when I say this but Im afraid that service books arent filled in as Japanese service systems are all computerirsed. If the car was owned by an ex-pat them he may have asked a bemused service manager to stamp it but its unlikely. Its also possible that the exporter; if it was a company like New Era, may have obtained a written confirmation of the service record, again this is very very rare.

As an aside; less than one in one thousand cars that I see go through auction in Japan have any books listed at all and if they are there, theyre empty for the reason mentioned.

Simon

Last edited by GC8; 12 April 2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12 April 2005, 09:08 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict
"What the heck I'm meant to be doing with it?" u say...
Ha, ha, v funny Phill but I'm not falling 4 that one & the joke's on u anyway cos April 1st was a week ago!!!
Seriously tho, lucky old u 2 have enough dosh 2 buy something like that apparently on a whim???
More or less... Its no joke, I mean what the heck do I do with it!!

What would be the best thing to do with the car, modding wise? I have no real knowledge about the Subaru, but I have been reading up on the forums here and there and I'm still not quite sure which or what way to take it.
Where and how much do I get this booster from?
Old 12 April 2005, 09:10 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

they sell some strange cars there.......

Old 12 April 2005, 09:12 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

It not so much a problem about the history. Apparently a local garage in Holysworthly (near to where I live) has serviced the car from the time it was imported over here. Its got about 48k on the clock (its got a mph speedo, but I think the 'miles' are in kilometers...

I was told if Im going to uprate the car, I should use just Jap parts? Is that right? Oh and does anyone know where there might be a good seat recovering place too? In Devon maybe?
Old 12 April 2005, 09:14 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57
they sell some strange cars there.......
They sell imports and any... There are a couple 800BHP Skylines or something down there I think.. Its ok, but where in the heck could you use that power in the UK?

I think the 280 that I have now is hardly going to be used!! :shock:
Old 12 April 2005, 09:14 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I was going to mention the pimped-up supercharged 'Previas' that are common in Japan; and they have one, but this takes the biscuit ffs. I didnt know that anyone bid on this ****e.....

Simon
Old 12 April 2005, 09:15 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

no joke.been reading up on the forums here . then you would no.
Old 12 April 2005, 09:21 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

With the octane booster, would I use a complete 'bottle' to one tank or just a set amount?

That last 'thing' is around in Barnstaple... Its not nice at all

Has anyone got any more advice? I really dont want this thing blowing up on me... Rather worried now
Old 12 April 2005, 09:24 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Phill, 4 Gawd's sake calm yerself man!
You're aready stressing yourself out over "which or what way 2 take it"...
Why don't u just "take it" out on the road, drive it around & get used 2 it, have fun with it, live with it 4 a while!
U might find u like it just the way it is, u must have liked the way it looked when u first saw it, u bought it didn't u?
How long have u actually had it?
Nobody's going 2 b really judging u on what u have or haven't got on or in your car (unless u ask them, lol) & u don't have 2 prove anything.
My car is a bog-standard, straight off the production line STi & guess what, I love it 2 bits!
Old 12 April 2005, 09:26 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Octane Booster. Use Nitrous Formula; get it from Roger Clark Motorsport and use 60mm per tank. You will see a diminishing return on a higher volume.

Simon
Old 12 April 2005, 09:28 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

I dont mind it as it is, rather than that bloody scoop!! Im a little worried about the type of fuel I need to be using but they seem to think its been fine on just Super? Ummm...

I wouldnt mind just doing a few simple things to it. But as it is now, I'd like to just get used to the car and see how it goes

I liked it so I bought it! Im only 24 so after the year I have had (at the moment I sold my Rover 220 Turbo Coupe for a Rover 216SLI as I split up with my ex... ugh... saw this, fell in love basically ) and Im just wanting to bounce back on my feet and have the time of my life

I need to re cover the front sparco seats, does anyone know where I might be able to do that?
Old 12 April 2005, 09:30 PM
Phill-type-R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Octane Booster. Use Nitrous Formula; get it from Roger Clark Motorsport and use 60mm per tank. You will see a diminishing return on a higher volume.

Simon
Theres a place called Pat Williams that apparently does some booster. I assume it has a messure so I know how much to put in? Im guessing Im going to be getting about 20mpg to 25mpg if Im lucky round town?

Although Im not so bothered, Id just like to know how much I need to put back for fuel Oh whats the size of the fuel tank as well?
Old 12 April 2005, 09:31 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Octane booster - different brands are used differently

E.G. millers is a bottle a tank IIRC, costs about £3.50?
NF Race is 1 ml per litre, so 60 ml per tank ( for 60 l tank ) but is about £14 a bottle.
Both increase octane a bit, 1 octane for the NF used as above.

Other octane boosters are also about, all SHOULD increase octane rating as described at the dose the bottles state.
Old 12 April 2005, 09:33 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Octane booster isnt like 95RON unleaded petrol; its not all the same. Most is ****e in fact. Nitrous Formula is excellent.