Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What scooby to buy for 10-11K ????

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2005, 01:36 PM
RobM-Evo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What scooby to buy for 10-11K ????

Am about to sell my 98 BMW M3 Evo Coupe SMG,
have two viewings this Saturday. (fingers crossed)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/det...?i=34217&s=273

So what scooby should I go for?

Not really up for an import due to the insurance.

So what is the best: classic, bug eye or new shape?
WRX over the GX sport models......

Any ideas?????

Cheers
R

Last edited by RobM-Evo; 06 April 2005 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Edit wording
Old 06 April 2005, 01:39 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Any except a standard UK Turbo
Old 06 April 2005, 01:55 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Coming from an M3 Evo you really need to be looking at turbo'd Impreza's, so forget the GX & Sports and maybe you'd need to look at STi's, although they are a bit above your budget. For £10-11k you're firmly in 01-02 bugeye WRX territory, but for not much more you could move up to the current shape blobeye WRX's. The blobs are a bit better looking (IMO) and have slightly more power, especially when the PPP is added. You'll need to go to about £14k to get a bug STi or £16k+ for blob STi. If you want to look at classics then you could be looking at RB5's and P1's from the UK, or Type R/RA's and STi5's from JDM.

Classics seem quicker due to the sudden delivery from the turbo and are cherished as true Scoobs by some, although the low price of some early cars is now seeing them get into the wrong hands and appear a bit Max Chav Power. New-age (bug/blobeyes) cars have better build quality & interiors, more power (offset by more weight) and a smoother power delivery.

Personally I'd bargain hard on an 03 WRX with around 35k for about £12.5k, and if the extended warranty is available then PPP it, otherwise decat & TEC3 it.

Last edited by corradoboy; 06 April 2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06 April 2005, 02:55 PM
RobM-Evo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Coming from an M3 Evo you really need to be looking at turbo'd Impreza's, so forget the GX & Sports and maybe you'd need to look at STi's, although they are a bit above your budget. For £10-11k you're firmly in 01-02 bugeye WRX territory, but for not much more you could move up to the current shape blobeye WRX's. The blobs are a bit better looking (IMO) and have slightly more power, especially when the PPP is added. You'll need to go to about £14k to get a bug STi or £16k+ for blob STi. If you want to look at classics then you could be looking at RB5's and P1's from the UK, or Type R/RA's and STi5's from JDM.

Classics seem quicker due to the sudden delivery from the turbo and are cherished as true Scoobs by some, although the low price of some early cars is now seeing them get into the wrong hands and appear a bit Max Chav Power. New-age (bug/blobeyes) cars have better build quality & interiors, more power (offset by more weight) and a smoother power delivery.

Personally I'd bargain hard on an 03 WRX with around 35k for about £12.5k, and if the extended warranty is available then PPP it, otherwise decat & TEC3 it.
Thanks for that mate, food for thought! I do prefer the blobeye looks for sure.
Best keep my eye on this website and autotrader. Have seen the 03 wrx for 13495.
Cheers for the advice....
R