Sponsored by:

Poor Lights / Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2005, 01:02 PM
Salvo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Lights / Exhaust

I'm driving a STI 02 Prodrive style, I want more light for night driving, need suggestions really will changing the bulbs help or is there a driving light kit that can be fitted that somehow fits behind the lamp covers?

Also can anyone recommend a good full exhaust system?

P.s. I have had the carrot jokes from my mates and oh try opening your eyes!

Cheers
Old 02 April 2005, 11:59 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

I have the Hella 1000ff Prodrive conversion on my classic with 130w bulbs, and I know they also fit the 02 bug eye WRX.
Not sure how the covers work on your STI and how easily they are removed (or if you even want to).

But the lights themselves are superb. My impression of the original full beam on the Impreza was that the light did seem to go slightly further, but wasn't any brighter. The Prodrive ones just light up everything, and I honestly dont think you will need better.

My only reservation on them is that they are a bit fiddly to set up accurately, but its a small price to pay as you only do it once. Just changing the standard headlight bulbs is supposed to be a bit of a no no, as the wiring is a bit fragile and can't take the heat.
Hope that helps a bit.
Daz

Originally Posted by Salvo
I'm driving a STI 02 Prodrive style, I want more light for night driving, need suggestions really will changing the bulbs help or is there a driving light kit that can be fitted that somehow fits behind the lamp covers?

Also can anyone recommend a good full exhaust system?

P.s. I have had the carrot jokes from my mates and oh try opening your eyes!

Cheers
Old 03 April 2005, 12:33 PM
Salvo
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Originally Posted by dazc
I have the Hella 1000ff Prodrive conversion on my classic with 130w bulbs, and I know they also fit the 02 bug eye WRX.
Not sure how the covers work on your STI and how easily they are removed (or if you even want to).

But the lights themselves are superb. My impression of the original full beam on the Impreza was that the light did seem to go slightly further, but wasn't any brighter. The Prodrive ones just light up everything, and I honestly dont think you will need better.

My only reservation on them is that they are a bit fiddly to set up accurately, but its a small price to pay as you only do it once. Just changing the standard headlight bulbs is supposed to be a bit of a no no, as the wiring is a bit fragile and can't take the heat.
Hope that helps a bit.
Daz
Cheers
Old 03 April 2005, 01:08 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

There is a Prodrive gas discharge driving light kit with replacement covers that looks fabulous & turns night into day but will cost you an arm and a leg

About £800 IIRC
Old 03 April 2005, 03:13 PM
Johnhowell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazc

Hope that helps a bit.
Daz
Daz,

Where can this kit be purchased, is it a DIY Kit? Also, how much?

John
Old 03 April 2005, 06:57 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

Prodrive Halogen Driving Lamp Kit

Part No. SACC2542
£ 195.00 (inc. VAT, exc. Fitting - unless otherwise stated above)

From your local dealer John

Originally Posted by Johnhowell
Daz,

Where can this kit be purchased, is it a DIY Kit? Also, how much?

John