Sponsored by:

A pair of Specs!! <<Drool!>>

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2005, 08:16 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A pair of Specs!! <<Drool!>>

When we got back from hols today, one of the first things we had to do was pick the scoob up from my nephew's garage where I've been having the rear shock absorbers done. I think I've mentioned before that my nephew (Manda's side) has w**ked with a few rally teams (Not WRC, I don't think, but I'm a bit hazy on that) and does rally prepping privately... usually older scoobs I've seen round there, and a rally Ka. Imagine my surprise and delight to see two identical white Spec Cs there; prodrive importation stickers in the window, no number plates, white tape all over the wings, etc. The bughgher's in the process of turning them both into rally cars.

Unfortunately now I've piqued your interest there's nothing more I can tell you about it as our **** isn't the most forthcoming person in the world, and I'd left before I thought of any questions to ask him about them Doh! . In fact you lot can most likely tell ME what they're most likely to be destined for. They were stripping bits out of them when I went round; I was very surprised at the quality of the interiors- I thought that the Spec C was more-or-less stripped out when it arrived, having never seen one in the flesh before.
Old 25 March 2005, 08:41 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Went to buy a rear diff for my EVO from EAR's once.

They had two delivery milage EVO 6 TME's in the shed under piles of boxes and full of crap as spare shells & bits for the rally car.

Was really sad to see them sat there, but did mean I got a cheap brand new rear AYC diff as they don't use the road spec unit on the rally cars.
Old 25 March 2005, 08:43 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You have a nephew called ****? Are you sure that's his real name or just what peopel call him, after all; it was only when I started going to junior school that I found out that my name was Simon and not *******!
Old 25 March 2005, 08:44 PM
custard puddle
Scooby Regular

Location: 4am club + owns one muppet music token and one fairy token

Originally Posted by GC8
You have a nephew called ****? Are you sure that's his real name or just what peopel call him, after all; it was only when I started going to junior school that I found out that my name was Simon and not *******!
lol
Old 25 March 2005, 09:11 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't want to give out too much information, GC8. <nods> <winks> I'm sure his security is up to it, but there's no sense in tempting fate.
Old 25 March 2005, 09:12 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You dont want to blow his cover Mr Po.....