Sponsored by:

I want to build my own race track

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2005, 11:00 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to build my own race track

I dont have to the money but what will I need to do to get my own short race track built and how much do you think it will cost?

Ray
Old 23 March 2005, 11:06 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Id suggest Scalextric; budget for about £200 for a good 2 lane track.
Old 23 March 2005, 11:09 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray_li
I dont have to the money but what will I need to do to get my own short race track built and how much do you think it will cost?

Ray
you been on the beer? the cost to buy the land alone for a decent race track would run into 100s of thousands of pounds then youd have to actually build it listen to ray buy a scaletrix
Old 23 March 2005, 11:17 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

about 1 mile long. I dont think its that crazy of an idea
Old 23 March 2005, 11:26 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

I know someone who bought an existing 1200m kart track (don't know cost), but he spent over £200.000 having it resurfaced and safety barrier's/gravel trap's put in.
Old 23 March 2005, 11:28 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

it can be done.

I think with the 200k spent he should have just bought a larger ground to run off on
Old 24 March 2005, 07:35 AM
Tim66 STi8
Scooby Regular

Buy an old airfield. You'll be halfway there.
Old 24 March 2005, 10:01 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Why not build your motorway a la Matrix Reloaded?

only coat £100m...
Old 24 March 2005, 10:27 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Ray
A Big
Old 24 March 2005, 10:33 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

This has been one of my lottery dreams since the first draw I figured on buying a plot of farmland in Spain (or similar), decomissioning it and claiming £9k per acre from the EU for doing so. Then building some villas and a reasonable track, along with a selection of performance cars. I thought it would be good to have tuition is a fleet of older Elise's, then people could move up to Radicals or similar. If it proved successful I could look into adding single seater experiences, or maybe franchise that bit out. Could even have a gravel circuit with some classics I know some billionaire German businessman has recently done just this, but his costs a fortune and is strictly for the very rich. My idea was to keep it within reach of you average performance car enthusiast, with a 2 week break with 2-3 hours driving a day IRO £3k, including the wife & kids who'll chill by the pool or go to the beach while daddy pretends to be a racing driver

All purely theoretical, and dependant on all 6 of my ***** dropping So the actual costs may well be prohibitive, but hey, we can all dream can't we
Old 24 March 2005, 10:36 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Ray, have you been at the floor polish again? I know the docs have warned you against drinking alcohol, but polish is probably also off the menu!

Remember what happened the last time, when you went a little crazy and was arrested for trying to steal an Indian elephant from Dudley Zoo, because you wanted it to help you start up that circus you've always wanted to be in, and you thought the elephant would be good at doing the accounts.
Old 24 March 2005, 10:51 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Just because you may have the money to buy some land etc doesn't mean you've got any chance of actually being able to build a race track.

It can be difficult to to get planning permission to put a conservatory on your house let alone a mile long strip of tarmac and associated requirements in the countryside!!!

Old 24 March 2005, 11:36 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
Ray, have you been at the floor polish again? I know the docs have warned you against drinking alcohol, but polish is probably also off the menu!

Remember what happened the last time, when you went a little crazy and was arrested for trying to steal an Indian elephant from Dudley Zoo, because you wanted it to help you start up that circus you've always wanted to be in, and you thought the elephant would be good at doing the accounts.
I was gonna invite you but I just taken you off my list for my own race track.

Some people. Just because you dont have the money does not mean I dont.

Duck pond. you'll have to do some real sucking to be back on my invite list and my xmas card list you told people about the elephant
Old 24 March 2005, 11:37 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GrollySTI
Just because you may have the money to buy some land etc doesn't mean you've got any chance of actually being able to build a race track.

It can be difficult to to get planning permission to put a conservatory on your house let alone a mile long strip of tarmac and associated requirements in the countryside!!!

very true hoe much would it cost me to grow massive trees all the way around it? no one would every know
Old 24 March 2005, 12:03 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Cheapest way to do this would to buy a field with hard flat grass and have a dust circuit. Get some old bangers and strip them out and play with them.
Old 24 March 2005, 12:09 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

This is one of the strangest post i've ever seen on here Nice idea though!!
Old 24 March 2005, 12:13 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

I refuse to partake in any form of sucking where you're concerned, thank you very much! You've not actually mentioned what you intend to race on this track.

If it's going to be NOS slugs again, you'll need to remember to ensure the surface is free of rock salt; who could forget the incident with Hard Rockin N' Raging Slugster, who met his untimely demise whilst leading the National Slick Racer Cup second heat, and you decided it'd be a good idea to grit the racing line in the icy conditions.

If you're going for something more exotic, try monkey-dogs, as they're the in thing now; can be highly modified, with flame kits, chrome tail pipes and numerous spoilers, and corner like they're on branches. You need to be patient with them though, as they can be quite slow on the uptake of instructions - perfect for you actually, will be like the blind leading the blind.
Old 24 March 2005, 12:23 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Cheapest way to do this would to buy a field with hard flat grass and have a dust circuit. Get some old bangers and strip them out and play with them.
thats would work.
Old 24 March 2005, 12:24 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

I refuse to partake in any form of sucking where you're concerned, thank you very much! You've not actually mentioned what you intend to race on this track.

If it's going to be NOS slugs again, you'll need to remember to ensure the surface is free of rock salt; who could forget the incident with Hard Rockin N' Raging Slugster, who met his untimely demise whilst leading the National Slick Racer Cup second heat, and you decided it'd be a good idea to grit the racing line in the icy conditions.

If you're going for something more exotic, try monkey-dogs, as they're the in thing now; can be highly modified, with flame kits, chrome tail pipes and numerous spoilers, and corner like they're on branches. You need to be patient with them though, as they can be quite slow on the uptake of instructions - perfect for you actually, will be like the blind leading the blind.

Old 24 March 2005, 12:26 PM
D70
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Top all round scumbag and a55hole Michael Carroll the "Chavillionaire" has done exactly that. The only problem would be finding the money for the land.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...1/nlotto31.xml

As chronicled here in the torygraph.

Sounds like a great idea, I'd enjoy p1ssing off al the neighbours as well.

Edited to add quote from the wicked witch of the west

""If I had won £9.7 million, unlike that idiot I would do something good with the money. It is such a waste him having that money.""

I bet he's laughing his **** off, good man.

Last edited by D70; 24 March 2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 24 March 2005, 12:36 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Ray, your gleaming Austin Vanden Plas would look simply sublime speeding along on your own specially prepared track, just think what speeds you could reach if it was a mile long................43mph could now be achievable
Old 24 March 2005, 01:18 PM
Andy_1271
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
This has been one of my lottery dreams since the first draw I figured on buying a plot of farmland in Spain (or similar), decomissioning it and claiming £9k per acre from the EU for doing so. Then building some villas and a reasonable track, along with a selection of performance cars. I thought it would be good to have tuition is a fleet of older Elise's, then people could move up to Radicals or similar. If it proved successful I could look into adding single seater experiences, or maybe franchise that bit out. Could even have a gravel circuit with some classics I know some billionaire German businessman has recently done just this, but his costs a fortune and is strictly for the very rich. My idea was to keep it within reach of you average performance car enthusiast, with a 2 week break with 2-3 hours driving a day IRO £3k, including the wife & kids who'll chill by the pool or go to the beach while daddy pretends to be a racing driver

All purely theoretical, and dependant on all 6 of my ***** dropping So the actual costs may well be prohibitive, but hey, we can all dream can't we
Some chap in italy has already done this and has a fleet of his own supercars (ansari I think it was) it was shown on Driven or fifth gear some time ago. he also has a luxury hotel on the site and charges about 15 grand a week to stay there and drive his cars.

He was a multi millionaire to begin with and has his own supercar production business

Last edited by Andy_1271; 24 March 2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 24 March 2005, 01:20 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Ray

Have you been smoking the neighbour's crack again?
Old 24 March 2005, 01:26 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

if this was another BBS you'll know what I'll say next :
Old 24 March 2005, 01:28 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

I do indeed......
Old 24 March 2005, 01:36 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

Old 24 March 2005, 01:40 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

very true hoe much would it cost me to grow massive trees all the way around it? no one would every know
You might be able to get a government grant to grow the trees I know farmers do. The green house effect and all that!
Old 24 March 2005, 01:43 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Old 24 March 2005, 06:57 PM
rallycol
Scooby Regular

I know someone doing it at the moment the figures are BIG!!!!
Old 24 March 2005, 07:56 PM
punkie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give the guy a break, everyone has there dream !

Quick Reply: I want to build my own race track