Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for someone if you guys can help me out...

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2005, 11:07 PM
brucelee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for someone if you guys can help me out...

Well, I was talking with my mother today, and she said she had spoken with my cousin Sasha, whom lives in Switzerland... Well, apparently he has a Subaru Impreza of sorts... All the details I got were "It was really hard to get... and not many of them were made". And "It doesn't have door handles, as they are shaved and can be opened with a remote only". I'm hoping those 3 details will be enough to trigger some thoughts with you guys... Does it sound familiar to anyone? I haven't talked to Sasha in over 12 years, and it'd be really cool if he posts here... I searched through hours of old threads trying to find something, but I failed, because I suck at life.

So... CH plates, Some sort of rare impreza with shaved door handles, and the drivers name is Sasha. Ring any bells?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Daniel

PS: His last name is Josipovic... We're both Croats.
Old 06 March 2005, 12:32 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The remote door opening is probably an aftermarket de-locking modification in conjunction with a Clifford Concept alarm (or similar). It's popular with the MaxPower boys but I'm not aware of any Scooby ever being supplied like this.
As for it being rare, there are many rare variants to choose from depending on age. What is considered the ultimate was the 22B, which was limited to 400 cars, of which 14 officially came to the UK (more grey/personal imports have followed). These were characterised by the wide 2 door body, 2.2l engine and the best looks ever to date. As for others, there's McCrae's, Catalunya's & Terzo's which were pretty much standard spec with extra bits thrown in to celebrate rally victories. P1's were an official reaction to the amount of 2 door STi's that people were personally importing due to the greatly reduced spec on offer to the UK market compared to the Japs. The RB5 was another rally celebration, albeit a bit more special than the previous ones and distinguished by its gunmetal colour and unique rear wing. There are many JDM specials such as Type R's, Type RA's & Spec C's which usually have lots of extra effort put into reducing weight and increasing power. Of the newage cars there were the S201/2, & Spec C's following the same ethos. The UK also had WR Sports (25 per year between 97 and 00) which were given everything on the options list at the time. A limited run UK300 which was a make-do until they brought an official STi here and the awesome unofficial Litchfield Type 25. Not forgetting the WR1 which was an STi with all the best Prodrive options and the Jap market DCCD-A. It was called the Solberg edition in Europe, and I believe was lower spec'd than UK WR1's.

Plenty to choose from, just from the UK nevermind whatever specials they may have had in Europe and Japan. A few more details may narrow it down, or better a pic.

Last edited by corradoboy; 06 March 2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06 March 2005, 03:30 AM
brucelee
Scooby Regular

Wow. thanks for the great reply... I wish I had more details, but I though perhaps you guys might remember something to this flavor. My first thought was a 22b, and I nearly shat myself.