Sponsored by:

Gutmann pug 'V' Gangsta smurf

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2005, 09:41 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gutmann pug 'V' Gangsta smurf Video

15 year old 130bhp 205GTi V 315bhp WR1 ..........

A wet (ish) Bedford lap this weekend.

http://www.northloop.co.uk/Video/pug/wr1lap.wmv

Gary

Last edited by Gutmann pug; 01 March 2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 28 February 2005, 09:59 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

315 bhp???????? who told you that?????
Old 28 February 2005, 10:01 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Well it cant be anymore I wouldn't have thought? Litcho's spec C destroyed me on the straight in comparison.

Gary
Old 28 February 2005, 10:06 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

so did i on the way there.......
Old 28 February 2005, 10:07 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

download timed out for me......
Old 28 February 2005, 10:11 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
download timed out for me......
did for me too but tried a few times and it worked.......
Old 28 February 2005, 10:19 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Hmm, thats the 2nd file I have called WR1Lap.wmv

Trending Topics

Old 28 February 2005, 10:51 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

it is a significant amount more than 315bhp Gary ... although on our lap I did have my exahust severely hindered and bunged in order to be able to track it, as well as all 6 foot 8 of tiny01 as my passenger! Your car in comparison has nothing in it, which does make a significant difference - especially with it pushing out something like 130bhp. Regardless of all that the pug is a seriously impressive motor and a testament to what you can achieve with modest outlay in cash!

Tuscan .. lol you pushed me along in fifth but I got your punk *** back in 6th !!! Again I would say that the difference in weight (me being fully loaded up with wheels and Rhybeck )and the gearbox and turbocharger dis-similarities explain a lot about my fifth gear lack of power!
Old 28 February 2005, 10:53 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
it is a significant amount more than 315bhp Gary ... although on our lap I did have my exahust severely hindered and bunged in order to be able to track it, as well as all 6 foot 8 of tiny01 as my passenger! Your car in comparison has nothing in it, which does make a significant difference - especially with it pushing out something like 130bhp. Regardless of all that the pug is a seriously impressive motor and a testament to what you can achieve with modest outlay in cash!

Tuscan .. lol you pushed me along in fifth but I got your punk *** back in 6th !!! Again I would say that the difference in weight (me being fully loaded up with wheels and Rhybeck )and the gearbox and turbocharger dis-similarities explain a lot about my fifth gear lack of power!
mine is STANDARD
Old 28 February 2005, 11:18 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Bout time northloop got a new host Vid download has resumed over 10 times now... Getting a little silly The UK package on www.servage.net is good for the money!!! And if you quote my username (sidtech) we both get a free month
Old 01 March 2005, 12:14 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Talking

that is an impressive 205,gangsta sure knows his racing lines"NOT".it is always hilarious "cheap" cars pestering alleged supercars,our 200sx easily keeps up with excises and scoobies around knockhill corners-all for £1,000
martin
Old 01 March 2005, 07:48 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

PMSL at your bunged exhaust and passenger comment ..... better than heat soak, fuel surge or cool down lap
Ienjoyed it though and I know you did from the chat after. I do have a little more footage of you pulling away from me when it was hammering down, but that was to be expected.....

I think your right about the vid hosting Sidhead, its starting to do my head in now. Must look into it....

Gary
Old 01 March 2005, 09:04 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Funnily enough the Clio was 5 secs a lap faster than the 205 gti (clio is completely standard and was 2 up)...and the 944 Turbo was 10 secs a lap faster.

Dave
Old 01 March 2005, 09:16 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1doc
that is an impressive 205,gangsta sure knows his racing lines"NOT".it is always hilarious "cheap" cars pestering alleged supercars,our 200sx easily keeps up with excises and scoobies around knockhill corners-all for £1,000
martin

I don't think I did too bad for only my 3rd track day. Glad to see that the scoobynet tw@ts haven't let me down and posted in this thread too. Wow mate you've realised something - you can mod a car for a lot less than it takes to buy a brand new super saloon! So why buy a ferarri or a top of the line mitsi - prestige of ownership mate!
Old 01 March 2005, 09:23 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

martin

You can show me the correct lines at the next track day then mate ... be good to see how a real pro drives! bit of a w@nker really!
Old 01 March 2005, 09:23 AM
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

I don't think I did too bad for only my 3rd track day. Glad to see that the scoobynet tw@ts haven't let me down and posted in this thread too. Wow mate you've realised something - you can mod a car for a lot less than it takes to buy a brand new super saloon! So why buy a ferarri or a top of the line mitsi - prestige of ownership mate!
hey gangsta how's it hanging

see you've modded your car a bit more.

also glad to see it's back on the road

l8tr Hawk
Old 01 March 2005, 09:29 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Good video
Old 01 March 2005, 09:32 AM
CTR
Scooby Regular

Nice Video

Sideways isnt fastest Gutmann
Old 01 March 2005, 09:47 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

You can show me the correct lines at the next track day then mate ... be good to see how a real pro drives! bit of a w@nker really!
do not put yourself down,i would be more than happy to show you the racing lines at knockhill,much more twisty circuit so big power cars have no advantage over better handling cars-give me a pm when you want to come up
i would hardly say a top of the line mitsi has prestige compared to a ferrari.
i particularly like the way you seem unable to write without swearing or adding personal insults-it really adds substance to your argument or shows your general immaturity.
it is not my fault you can be caught by a 15yr old peugeot!
martin
Old 01 March 2005, 09:23 PM
cat7
Scooby Regular

Default A bit harsh!!

do not put yourself down,i would be more than happy to show you the racing lines at knockhill,much more twisty circuit so big power cars have no advantage over better handling cars-give me a pm when you want to come up
i would hardly say a top of the line mitsi has prestige compared to a ferrari.
i particularly like the way you seem unable to write without swearing or adding personal insults-it really adds substance to your argument or shows your general immaturity.
it is not my fault you can be caught by a 15yr old peugeot!
martin
Handbags at dawn sir!!

Its aways easy to criticise someone else, both cars made around in one peace, they both seemed to enjoy themselves....A successful day I would say.
Old 01 March 2005, 09:24 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Old 01 March 2005, 09:28 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Dont rise to it Gangsta ...... we enjoyed the day mate and when I said I was gonna host the vid you were more than happy for me to do it which I applaude you for........

Besides I have some better driving skills which I have just posted in the gallery section

Gary
Old 01 March 2005, 10:03 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Top vid Gary,,,

Once again another occation where the missguided belief that a Wr1 is hugly quicker than anything else bites the dust...

We tested a TSL 333 against a standard STi ppp the other night 50 to well over 1XX and the difference was marginal... and i mean marginal... like a car length or less.

Old 01 March 2005, 10:10 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nice car anyway gansta ignore the fcukwits
Old 01 March 2005, 10:13 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
Top vid Gary,,,

Once again another occation where the missguided belief that a Wr1 is hugly quicker than anything else bites the dust...

We tested a TSL 333 against a standard STi ppp the other night 50 to well over 1XX and the difference was marginal... and i mean marginal... like a car length or less.

Well my 333 pulls away from ppp's .....

Gary
Old 01 March 2005, 10:18 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Having a WR1 or a nice car at a track day is going to mean some people treat it as a scalp.....but dont get wound up by the comments.

It doesn't matter how fast I drive my cars around......I don't even get noticed

Dave
Old 01 March 2005, 10:20 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Dont feel down heartened Dave ,........ I noticed you mate ..... Your 4cyl german clutter was in the top 5 fastest cars on track as far as im concerned.

Gary
Old 01 March 2005, 10:30 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Well my 333 pulls away from ppp's .....

Gary
Yep pulls away but it don't just clear off like these WR1's do...

its all bollx...

in the end you need less weight or lots more power and alot more toooorrrrks to really pull away... and stuff around the same wieght and 20-30 bhp more isn't going to do that... put my car against a Tuscan S and it ***** off big style! been there done that...

Anyhows a certain little 300 break Atom beesty will be getting tested in the next few weeks...! Oooohhh if i make the jump to the Atom side that will be fun! right on the edge...

Here's me and sticky on a test drive! i'm not the tall one
Old 01 March 2005, 10:37 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
Top vid Gary,,,

my tsl 333 easily pulls away from my my mates sti ppp as soon as i get above 4000rpm,easily getting several car lengths by 100+,is it a full 333 or just remap?,you need the full exhaust/remap/air filter to fully benefit
martin
Old 01 March 2005, 11:28 PM
STIste
Scooby Regular

my tsl 333 easily pulls away from my my mates sti ppp as soon as i get above 4000rpm,easily getting several car lengths by 100+,is it a full 333 or just remap?,you need the full exhaust/remap/air filter to fully benefit
martin
It's a PPP'd 333 so similar to the full fat version! RR @ 330, Richard couldn't quite skweeze the last 3 horses (Put down to the p/d exhaust).
Think the owner was quite pleased at the on the road 'result' nonetheless (Mind you his PPP before the map was reportedly "CRAP").
stiste
ps, the WR1 sure looks to be braking very early (nervous?/unused to track?/Doesn't want to risk stuffing £28K of machine?/other?)

Last edited by STIste; 01 March 2005 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Gutmann pug 'V' Gangsta smurf