Sponsored by:

US- Import advice

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2005, 10:37 AM
300sti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question US- Import advice

Can anyone help me figure out if I can get a waranty through subaru or elsewhere on my us version STi? My gaurantee is only good in the US, is it possible to buy one for europe that gives me the same coverage?
I appreciate the help.
Old 28 February 2005, 10:55 AM
JohnS

I would doubt very much if you could get a Subaru warranty to cover the car as the US STi uses some parts that aren't sold on cars over here (e.g. the 2.5 engine - though that will be arriving here next year apparently).

You can buy aftermarket warranties (e.g. http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/) which provide most of the cover.

Given the costs of importing the car over here (transportation, import duties VAT etc), and then potential problems with increased insurance costs with the car not being a standard European model then it may be worthwhile selling your car in the US, and buying a local spec car over here.

John
Old 28 February 2005, 11:17 AM
300sti
Scooby Newbie

With this warranty direct, do you know if it is only covered in the uk or elsewhere in europe. I live in switzerland and am trying to find coverage here. Its tough to find since i am limited to english! If you know of anything please let me know, and thanks for your help.

Josh

Originally Posted by JohnS
I would doubt very much if you could get a Subaru warranty to cover the car as the US STi uses some parts that aren't sold on cars over here (e.g. the 2.5 engine - though that will be arriving here next year apparently).

You can buy aftermarket warranties (e.g. http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/) which provide most of the cover.

Given the costs of importing the car over here (transportation, import duties VAT etc), and then potential problems with increased insurance costs with the car not being a standard European model then it may be worthwhile selling your car in the US, and buying a local spec car over here.

John
Old 28 February 2005, 02:45 PM
JohnS

Josh,

theres always http://babelfish.altavista.com to trnaslate sites in other languages. Works very well with French, German and Italian. May not give you 100% correct translation, but enough to give you the basic understanding.