Sponsored by:

Warning - Chesterfield Scooby owners

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2005, 02:18 AM
greenwithenvy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning - Chesterfield Scooby owners

18 months and less than 20 posts but had to log in to warn fellow Scooby owners.

Just had 2 people in hooded tops try and break in the house (Tapton area)and get the keys to the scoob. Fortunately, although I was sleeping the neighbour came round and managed to disturb them and they scarpered (bottle of whisky due for the neighbour me thinks!!).

They were in a dark coloured BMW. Credit due, boys in blue came straight round within 10 minutes and advised that there is a team from S Yorks doing the rounds of Chesterfield and Barlborough at the minute in the vehicle above. They are doing it to order.

I know you read these threads and think that it won't happen to you (I was one), and I know some of you may have had your scoob taken this way but it has made me think. I was very lucky this time, it could have been far worse.

Anyway, if you know anyone in the area, please let them know.

Thanks for listening
James
Old 28 February 2005, 07:49 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

A lucky escape
Old 28 February 2005, 07:52 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Make it a decent bottle of malt - good neighbour! Kudos to the boys in blue, too. Hopefully they'll realise yours is a "hard target" and move onto something a little easier. The police will no doubt have advised what you can do to protect yourself and your property through extra security, but if you want any more advice drop me a PM.
Old 28 February 2005, 07:54 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

It make's you think ?? you have to extra carefull, thank F**k you got a good neighbour ,
Old 28 February 2005, 09:26 AM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

James,

Hope everyone is OK. You $hit me up last night with the call but thanks for giving me the heads up.

How's the family? Tried to call you this morning to see how things are.

Shane deserves a case of whiskey and lucky he was about. Bit early in the night for an attempt as there's always the risk of someone being up/about.

Stolen to order you say - who an earth wants a people carrier? - cue Ubik! lol

Keep yer pecker up - humour will get you/us through this.

Also good to see the boys in blue doing their bit too.

See you tonight maybe.

Max
Old 28 February 2005, 09:39 AM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

foook very lucky mate, im from barlborough! just got an impreza, but the ***** is going in the alarmed garage.

cheers for the warning mate!!!!
Old 28 February 2005, 09:53 AM
scoobydee2
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the warning James, glad you and the family are OK and the scumbags didnt get what they wanted

Keys are coming to bed with me now, phone is next to the bed. Shall be phoning Trackstar later to make sure it works. Will be borrowing the in-laws dog when other half is away. I am seriously looking into cctv now, why oh why did they have to build my garage so small, can probably squeeze the car in but dont think I'd be able to squeeze myself out.

Trending Topics

Old 28 February 2005, 10:18 AM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

scoobydee. couple of tips mate, as my old car was on the drive every night and i didnt fancy it getting pinched!

get a good security light that comes on when anyone comes near your car or drive, and wire it up to a buzzer that beeps externally once the light is on, this will scare any dodgy ****** off, also i had a small cctv camera which was recording all night pointing straight at the car!

something else would be a pager wired into your alarm. they are generally not that good due to range but if its only from your drive to your room then it will work!

other options are the the metal concreted in posts that block your driveway and maybe a snapp off removable steering wheel boss!

the more the merrier! they aint gonna touch a car with all that lot! even tho it might be a pain to disarm it all in a morning!
Old 28 February 2005, 10:46 AM
scoobydee2
Scooby Regular

Thanks CJAF7R, will be purchasing another security light this afternoon and me and the other half will be lookining into the cctv this evening when he gets home. The metal post to block the drive way was on the agaenda when we get round to re-surfacing the drive.

Obviously I would be devastated if the car ever got pinched, but the thought of someone trying to get into the house when me and the little one are asleep just scares me senseless, maybe time to invest in an alarm for the house too.

I can see we are going to have alot to discuss at our next pub meet.
Old 28 February 2005, 10:46 AM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Location: Covered in stickers in the year of the HUGE concrete

James,

Sorry to hear about this mate. Its very sad.

To be honest I would have thought the best advise would be to get blackjax fitted (IIRC J4mo does that - I want it fitted) and leave the keys where they can be found. They can take the car and take it down the street by which time you will have phoned the police anyway.

There are thousands of scoobs and proportionally very few of us have had a problem. So try not to worry too much.

So far I have only had one incident where someone tried to pull me out of the car (Manchester) which was easily solved in no time. I am not always so mild mannered! A serious hospital visit is something that they deserve IMHO but thats just me.

[img]Stolen to order you say - who an earth wants a people carrier? - cue Ubik! lol[/img]

What can I say! I was wrong. Evidently wagons are very desirable....or maybe its the twin peashooter exhaust was the true target! Oh pants! They might be wearing hoods and gimp gear but by George they have good taste.

Re: Keeping his pecker up.....erm...Max can't you leave that to James's missus?

David
Old 28 February 2005, 11:26 AM
greenwithenvy
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the comments chaps and chapesses.

Obviously green unmodded wagons are the way to go!!

They clearly walked round the estate (pardon the pun!) saw Max's undesirable filthy (almost Ubikesque) silver booted model and the series McCrae and thought I know, lets go for something with a bit of class - something with the throaty growl - I've got it - a green unmodded wagon!!

So there we go, just out to get a loan to pay for the neighbours new car - he currently has a 'mica red' (cough, splutter) GX. The man deserves more, the man deserves a wagon WRX!!

Cheers

JimBoB!!
Old 28 February 2005, 11:39 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

GWE sorry to hear about your ordeal mate, just like you say you never think it will happen to you and I can imagine it's a very unpleasant wake up call when it actually does! Maybe these people from south yorks you mentioned are related to the same group the police told russ about whan we were all at the Donkey Derby that time?
Old 28 February 2005, 12:12 PM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greenwithenvy
I've got it - a green unmodded wagon!!
Stolen to order you said? Crap care in the community is releasing some real nutters on the streets then! Theres someone out there that wants a wagon!

Originally Posted by JimBoB
So there we go, just out to get a loan to pay for the neighbours new car - he currently has a 'mica red' (cough, splutter) GX.
Well its good to hear you have decided to borrow money to get a Mica Red saloon even if it isnt a turbo! Then again you have driven a wagon....what would you know about power or speed ol' people carrier?

Don't all wagons have Eddie Storbart written down the side anyway??
Old 28 February 2005, 12:17 PM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daft Lad
Maybe these people from south yorks you mentioned are related to the same group the police told russ about whan we were all at the Donkey Derby that time?
Or maybe they are not but probably see each other at the weekend for massive bumming sessions with sheep when they aren't nicking cars in their hooded gimpware. I bet they all wear womens knickers too.
Old 28 February 2005, 12:39 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

from south yorkshire they are,you say?

Foooooooook,best purchase some more security devices(barb wire,gun turrets,hungry dogs etc)

Na seriously,glad that no one was hurt or anything stolen
Old 28 February 2005, 01:14 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by greenwithenvy
Cheers for the comments chaps and chapesses.

Obviously green unmodded wagons are the way to go!!

They clearly walked round the estate (pardon the pun!) saw Max's undesirable filthy (almost Ubikesque) silver booted model and the series McCrae and thought I know, lets go for something with a bit of class - something with the throaty growl - I've got it - a green unmodded wagon!!

So there we go, just out to get a loan to pay for the neighbours new car - he currently has a 'mica red' (cough, splutter) GX. The man deserves more, the man deserves a wagon WRX!!

Cheers

JimBoB!!
another mcrae??? there popping up all over the place now mine is gone!!

Sorry to hear dude, glad it all worked out though, was lucky enough not to have trouble in the time i had mine, although there are much more expensive cars on the estate i live on than scoobs, 911 gt2's ferraris in a few garages so think mine wasn't that much of target.

think this might be time to see about a group security buy?
Old 28 February 2005, 09:02 PM
TRF
Scooby Regular

Glad you are ok mate. The thought of this is always playing in the back of my mind and stuff like this just brings it to the front again.. just gonna check my garrage door is locked.. again.
Old 28 February 2005, 10:43 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TRF
Glad you are ok mate. The thought of this is always playing in the back of my mind and stuff like this just brings it to the front again.. just gonna check my garrage door is locked.. again.
Oh tell me about it. Just been and dug out a padlock for the side gate, taken my late fathers police truncheon in to the bedroom just in case.

Why should I:
a) feel paranoid;and
b) live like a prisoner (locks on side gate) in my own home.

Modern society is going down hill fast.
<rant over>

Max
Old 28 February 2005, 11:15 PM
medic
Scooby Regular

This is getting too close to home!! Glad you and the car are OK, yes your neighbour deserves a good bottle of Malt (Who is it, I'll go and befriend him).
Old 28 February 2005, 11:25 PM
gso
Scooby Regular

Old 01 March 2005, 08:32 AM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

It gets worse. Plod told GWE that a scoob was taken from Tapton last week.

A bloke up from London visiting his elderly father (87). Keys taken from father and scoob gone. Was recovered in Norton. Don't know what force, if any, was used but sounded like house break-in to get keys.

Presumably the owner doesn't visit SN. Lets hope the thieving scum leave us alone for a while now they've had a failure and plod all over the patch.

Max (the paranoid one)
Old 01 March 2005, 09:07 AM
rich from sheffield
Scooby Regular

same thing happend to me in feb 04 at 5:30pm in the evening! its never to early for scum to break into your house always be on the guard!

last week a classic scoob was taken from my road (in the bradway/totley area) think it might have been a mcCrae but not sure!
Old 01 March 2005, 11:58 PM
jrscooby
Scooby Regular

dont like the sound of this!!!

be sleeping in car from now on
Old 02 March 2005, 10:15 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

if you pop up to the clinic we can show you a few easy ways to disable your car from any car thief even if they have the keys!!

ads
Old 02 March 2005, 11:52 AM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rich from sheffield
same thing happend to me in feb 04 at 5:30pm in the evening!
I had a couple of dodgy looking infidels hanging round where I live about five months ago, I knew there was something fishy, especially so when they ran when I approached them.

Scum! Scum! Scum!

Originally Posted by Scoobimax
truncheon in the bedroom
Thats my only defense too. I sleep naked, they will fooking run when they see that!

Chin up chaps.

Last edited by Ubik; 02 March 2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02 March 2005, 12:01 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ubik
Thats my only defense too. I sleep naked, they will fooking run when they see that!

Chin up chaps.
exhibitionist or voyuerist you perv?

Originally Posted by specialx
if you pop up to the clinic we can show you a few easy ways to disable your car from any car thief even if they have the keys!!
very interested. You about this coming Saturday I'll call you later.
Oh PS ads - car still pulling to the left!

Max