Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 WRX with PPP - Performance difference ?

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2005, 11:56 AM
EBRWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 WRX with PPP - Performance difference ?

According to dealer PPP is fitted pushing it to 265 - How much difference does this make on 0-62 and what other performance benefits would I get ?

Cheers !
Old 27 February 2005, 12:00 PM
New_scooby_04

Talking

Originally Posted by EBRWRX
According to dealer PPP is fitted pushing it to 265 - How much difference does this make on 0-62 and what other performance benefits would I get ?

Cheers !
A WRX PPP has been timed 0-60 at 4.8 seconds. Admitedly, you'd have to be absolutely brutal to extract that kind of figure. However, crudely speaking, you're getting STi power and slightly more torque in a car that weighs less. The biggest difference on the road is the improvement in the amount and spread of torque over the rev range, which has a very positive effect on the car's real world performance- much more meaningful than 0-62 times.
Old 27 February 2005, 12:13 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

http://www.prodrive.co.uk/defaultflash.asp?M=5
Old 27 February 2005, 12:30 PM
EBRWRX
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
A WRX PPP has been timed 0-60 at 4.8 seconds. Admitedly, you'd have to be absolutely brutal to extract that kind of figure. However, crudely speaking, you're getting STi power and slightly more torque in a car that weighs less. The biggest difference on the road is the improvement in the amount and spread of torque over the rev range, which has a very positive effect on the car's real world performance- much more meaningful than 0-62 times.
Yep - I was just looking at that 0-62 for a measure - I also looked at Prodrive's website for full and proper details but the PDF's don't work for me.

Perhaps I should have posted that originally which would have saved Bartop some unnecessary work (but thanks anyway).

Having said that the Used Cars on Subaru's website are either a) already sold or b) not at the dealership indicated. Had a wasted trip to Romford yesterday but have saved myself a wasted trip to Chelmsford and Colchester today - in fact the Colchester office doesn't open on a Sunday despite the website indicating otherwise. What is the point of having a website but not keeping it reasonably up to date ? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I wanna new(er) Scoob and I wannit NOW !