Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subaru dealer has scratched my scoob!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2005, 10:33 AM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru dealer has scratched my scoob!!

Hi Everyone

Just a little pissed off this morning.

Took my scoob in for it's 54 month service yesterday and got it back with a free scratch in the O/S wing. Also the service was just over £200, this included a geo adjustment, it was 1.5 degrees out.

The dealer in question(they will remain nameless for now) did admit to it BEFORE i got the car back,and has promised that they will fix the scratch up for free. I paid for the service again, before I got the car back, if I'd have known I'd have ask for a reduction on the cost of the bill, and the free repair!!

Question is , is this repair going to be of a decent quality & how is the scratch repaired(filler ETC), the scratch is about 1.5 inch long and has not gone through the primer, unless they have touched it up before i seen it. They have a guy that comes to them to fix dents & scratches ETC.

Should I get him to go round the whole car? I don't want just one wing all nice and shiney, when he's finished.

I trusted this dealer to service the car, I have had the car serviced there a couple of times before and they did a good job, seems like they have gone downhill.

Lea
Old 27 February 2005, 11:24 AM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

My car went in for some warranty work to a very well known dealer.... Took the day off work to travel up to pick the car up, only to find the drivers door with a huge dent and scratches all down it...
The car had been delivered on a trailer and inspected before it left my house. I had a copy of the inspection sheet which quite clearly showed everything was OK with car and there were no scratches or dents on it. The garage then produced their copy of the inspection sheet which had 'DAMAGED' written across it. They tried to claim that they had not damaged it at all so i produced the master copy. Managing Director then got involved and it turned out that one of the employee's had damaged my car and then forged the paper work to try and make it look like it had arrived that way. The MD would not go into detail with what had happened, out of shame i guess.
The car was eventually repaired by the garage but it will never be the same. I was not compensated in any way for my loss of earnings, the inconvenience of not having my car or the wasted trip to the garage(over 100miles roundtrip).
Needless to say, i wont be taking any of my business to this garage again and i certainly wont recommend them to anyone......
Old 27 February 2005, 11:50 AM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Mines ONLY a scratch, mate , but its still not good.

Maybe next time take some photo's of the car before they pick it up, don't like this 'pick up your car up from home/work scheme, gives some little tosser chance to treat you car like crap!!!, because they don't own a scoob!!
Old 27 February 2005, 01:45 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

The chap that picked it up worked for a company that carry out the pick ups for ferrarri, porsche and most of the big names. The car goes straight on the back of the trailer(driven on by me). There is no chance i would let someone else drive it..... Ive seen some of the kids that these garages are employing