Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new scooby owner, thought id say hello.

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2005, 10:49 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new scooby owner, thought id say hello.

hello, iv recently bought a classic import WRX scooby. My first impreza, in fact the first turbo motor iv owned actually! always been a bit of an n/a fan!

Ill get some pics up next week, but basic spec is standard black paint with red speckles, sti6 wing, 18's, BIG brakes, full cream leather retrim, blitz straight through zorst.

Previous car was a mk1 2.0 16v williams engined clio. A proper slag of a track car, handled very well, and also ran a 14.1@98mph 1/4 mile with an annoying 5th gear change just before the finish line due to gearing which aint bad for a FWD n/a motor! That car was loads of fun and it suprised a few local impreza drivers in its time as well believe it or not!

But, it was time for a a change from all that stripped out lightweight hatchback business, so the scooby is a bit of a change, but i was after something comfy, that looks and sounds the nuts and still puts a smile on my face like the clio did!

No doubt ill be hanging around here asking for advice in the coming months, so watch this space for some pics!

Last edited by CJAF7R; 24 February 2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 24 February 2005, 11:01 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

hey mate, welcome to the mad house
Old 25 February 2005, 11:06 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by timmyajmy93wrx
hey mate, welcome to the mad house
Second that. Welcome aboard, the empty wallets club salute you for your choice in motor! Get to your local meets, Subaru owners a are a social bunch, part fo the pleasure of owing the car!

And don't forget to wave when you see another Scooby!!

All the best
Old 25 February 2005, 11:27 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Hi !

Ditto the meets and waves One of the best parts of Scooby ownership.

It's no surprise that your Clio shocked a few Scooby owners. Cracking little cars in their day. Although Scoobys are fast, they ain't unbeatable. The combination of light weight, reasonable power and reduced drivetrain losses will even up the score against many performance car heavyweights. Many of the new diesels give us trouble due to their mountains of torque. Of the line a Scoob is usually top dog, but once moving and traction plays less of a part, many cars with good chassis/suspension set-ups and reasonable power/torque figures will be comparable. They'll never sound as good though
Old 25 February 2005, 01:43 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

cheers

I live in Chesterfield, so have scooby clinic just down the road which should come in handy! Ill be up for some meets too.

Yeh the clio was 205bhp/ton. it only weighed in at 880kg so pretty nippy. Would spank the Clio V6's as well which they werent happy about! Have to agree with the sound and looks of the scooby though! much nicer for taking the ladies out in too rather than a stripped out rally slag clio hehe!
Old 25 February 2005, 02:43 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Welcome aboard

Assuming it's a Jap import hope you know you need to run it on Optimax with a splash of octane booster to prevent detonation. Fitting a KnockLink to spot det is a good idea if it doesn't have one already.
Old 25 February 2005, 04:06 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

yeah its an import! ill be running it on optimax. Tend to run all my cars on the stuff and luckily there is one on route to work.

the previous owner said it was detting slightly when flat out in 4th and 5th on the rollers at well lane but fine the rest of the time.

im looking at a few bits and bobs for it at the moment! I was thinking of an uprated fuel pump as well, and possibly a remap if its worth it...? and ill have a look into a knock link too, cheers for the advice!

A front mount is on the shopping list, but not just yet! the car is currently 276bhp. What would I be looking at with the uprated pump, a remap, and front mount? 300? I dont want to go mad with power, but just enough to enjoy and still be reliable.

im liking the gains from mild mods on these engines, the zorst/decat alone has given more power than cams, headwork, manifold, chip, zorst, decat etc on my old car!

Trending Topics

Old 25 February 2005, 05:54 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

Default clio williams p w r

[QUOTE=CJAF7R]cheers sorry to be an anarak but having used to own a clio williams i know that its power to weight ratio is 156bhp/tonne not 205bhp/tonne. its weaight is 981kg not 881kg! yes it handled well in the dry if u had good tyres but was useless in wet and i found it to b no quicker than standard 16v clio-they always easily kept up with me! replaced it with immaculate uk turbo 3 yrs ago. like impreza cause its useable in all weathers and is safer at the limit.just as spatan inside as williams- though i do have leather and cruise control!
Old 25 February 2005, 06:51 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=mattvortex]
Originally Posted by CJAF7R
cheers sorry to be an anarak but having used to own a clio williams i know that its power to weight ratio is 156bhp/tonne not 205bhp/tonne. its weaight is 981kg not 881kg! yes it handled well in the dry if u had good tyres but was useless in wet and i found it to b no quicker than standard 16v clio-they always easily kept up with me! replaced it with immaculate uk turbo 3 yrs ago. like impreza cause its useable in all weathers and is safer at the limit.just as spatan inside as williams- though i do have leather and cruise control!
hello mate, lol, yes but it wasnt standard tho mate far from it! it was a williams engined clio16v, the engine was 180bhp with cams, headwork, manifold, chip, zorst, decat and the car was weighed on a weighbridge at 880kg exactly! it had lightweight alloys, rally spec alloy fuel tank, lightweight bucket seats, no interior trim or back seats etc! no standard williams does the 1/4 mile in 14.1@98mph

Last edited by CJAF7R; 25 February 2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 25 February 2005, 07:29 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CJAF7R
the previous owner said it was detting slightly when flat out in 4th and 5th on the rollers at well lane but fine the rest of the time.
Thats quite scary as you dont have as much load on a rolling road as you do on the road (wind resistance etc).
Id ensure its not detting at all before you give her some, you dont know how long the car has been detting which is scary, so knocklink, ob and optimax to be on the safe side.

Tony
Old 25 February 2005, 08:46 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

im not 100% sure but he showed me a sheet showing that it was detting slightly but only when maxed out in 4th and 5th. he's a real genuine lad, ill ask him tomorrow! i know my old clio was mapped on optimax and i took it on the rollers with 95ron in it due to not bein able to find a shell and that was detting slightly when maxed out in 5th as they couldnt get grip in any other gear.

knocklink is on the shopping list. he told me to always use optimax, but i already knew to anyway like! uprated fuel pump should help?

cheers