Old 23 February 2005, 02:01 PM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Castle Combe Circuit urgently needs your help

Taken from the web page:

Castle Combe Circuit urgently needs your help 22/02/2005

COUNCIL SERVE NOISE NUISANCE ORDER

North Wiltshire District Council have served a Noise Nuisance Order on Castle Combe Circuit. The circuit Directors consider this to be unfair and restrictive. We are appealing against the Order. However, within the Council it is possible that at a debate the Council members could instruct their officers to withdraw this Noise Nuisance Order. We hope to achieve this action rather than indulge in costly legal actions for both parties. For Castle Combe Circuit this is money that could be spent on improving our visitor facilities. However for Council Tax payers, the vast majority who are not affected by this action, the cost is a further burden on Council budgets that could be used to improve our health and education systems, our roads and other services. This action has been brought about by a tiny number of local residents. Because of their action, Council Tax payers throughout Wiltshire will have an additional financial burden to carry during 2005.

http://www.racecar.co.uk/cc/story.asp?ArticleID=87

Personally I love this circuit and would hate for racing to be banned there. Lets hope the ban doesnt go ahead

Nezz.
Old 23 February 2005, 02:23 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Strange, you move near to a racing circuit and then complain about the noisey racing cars ....
Not really, happens everywhere i.e. Stansted expansions, Local building plans for houses etc - never the "locals" who complain, always the tosspots that have recently moved in!
Old 23 February 2005, 02:41 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Castle Combe is a great venue. Japfest and Supercar Rally Day were brilliant last year and I'm sure they would be just as good this year.

I'll help spread the word!!!!
Old 23 February 2005, 04:44 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> Strange, you move near to a racing circuit and then complain about the noisey racing cars ....

Not always strange sometimes a cynical ploy. You buy a nice house near a racing circuit at a cheap price because it's value is lowered by the noise from the circuit. Then you campaign tirelessly until racing is banned and sell your house for a huge profit. Barstards.....
Old 23 February 2005, 04:52 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Don't know if it has any more weight but Letter from SIDC Chairman winging its way to every councillor
Old 23 February 2005, 05:02 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Lived near castle combe for 25 years before moving to gods country, only use to hear the cars about 4-5 times a year,

I can't see the problem with double glazing etc. it's not as if they race at night, if you don't like the noise, move!!!!

Mind you, I'd be more pissed off with not being able to get out of drive due to 1000's of cars blocking the road queing to get in and out of the race track!!!!!
Old 23 February 2005, 05:13 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

**** what do they expect and as they do have low noise regs then i cant see it being a problem.
Old 23 February 2005, 05:14 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Mind you, I'd be more pissed off with not being able to get out of drive due to 1000's of cars blocking the road queing to get in and out of the race track!!!!!

Have thought that myself

Certainly Japfest must be a real pain if your a local
Old 15 April 2005, 10:03 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Signed it too!
Old 15 April 2005, 10:42 AM
ademid
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I must admit I don't get!! I live just down the road fro Silverstone and that has much more activity than Castle Coombe and I've never thought "ooh that really annoying" To$$ers

I can even live with the huge increase in traffic when the GP's on because that is just the way it is and always has been.

If they did 24hr racing every weekend then maybe I could understand but WTF!!!!!!!