Sponsored by:

what is requierd to make a model report

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2005, 04:59 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is requierd to make a model report

i want to know what is required to make a model report as far as i have read on www.ModelReports.com i need an emissionS and noise report and do no need a comparison unless it has a ladder on the back.

Is that correct and does anyone know the legal sound (db)of the exhaust i am guessing thats what they test. what is the emissions limit for it to pass (in whatever measurment they do that in).

i have also taken into consideration that it will have to be standard.

is there anything else or is that all i will need to make a report for a imprezat type r sti 4-6.

thank you. any help will be much appreciated.
Old 20 February 2005, 08:29 PM
Darbo_wrx
Scooby Regular

as far as I know the emission test costs about £1500 if the car passes the first time
the model report is only any use to cars with the same model code so for example
GC8E2DD 300 WRX R STi4 2 door =mysept97-aug98
GC8F2DD 300 WRX R STi5 2 door =sept98-aug99
GC8G2DD 300 WRX R STi5 2 door =sept 99-aug 2000

would require 3 seperate model reports
it could get very expensive
if you do one please let me know and ill hire it from you
Old 20 February 2005, 08:59 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

yes mate i was thinking of making it for one of these. but you see i need to know how loud the exhaust is alud to be i am not 100% but i think it's 98db correct me if i am wrong and the emissions need to fit into eur0 2 whatever that is i need the measuremtnes in CFG for the emission. any help will be nice.

thanks.
Old 20 February 2005, 09:03 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

just learnt it is 74db not 98db so correct if i am still wrong.
Old 20 February 2005, 10:43 PM
Darbo_wrx
Scooby Regular

I know that prodrive are a approved emission test station
try asking http://www.modelreportsdirect.com/
see if they can point you in the right direction if you offer them use of your model report once you have it
car has to be 100% standard to make the model report from as all part numbers have to tally
to be honest the vosa have totally bolloxed the job, the imports have dropped from a pre esva 30,000 units per year to next to fek all,
they have sva inspectors stood about doing nothing as nobody is bringing in cars
stupid state of affairs if a car can pass a mot test then there is no reason why it should not be on the roads and should require a esva test

just politics
Old 21 February 2005, 07:41 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Most important of all, is that you'll need a car which is actually capable of passing the relevant tests. The car has to be standard to ensure that the report can be used for other cars as well, but there's no guarantee that an STI IV or V is actually noise, emissions and safety compliant.

You might do well to speak to one or two importers or model report companies and see why there isn't one already - you're far from being the first to want one. There could well be a good reason why a report can't be (economically) obtained.
Old 22 February 2005, 09:14 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

my car is not standard but i have a few imprezas with parts at my disposal that isnt a problem. well i was thinking if sti 4's (in the country know) can pass the M.O.T emissions test why wont it past esva one, or is that different. and i did do some reserach and you do not need a comparison report for them which by the way does not compare the bumper etc it compares the steering wheel, brakes, seat belts etc no body kit or the like.

and i will be ringing a few people tmrw and i'll post what response i get if it positive or negative.

thanks for all you're help so far.
Old 23 February 2005, 04:40 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

well i rang model reports direct who were very unhelpful and just said can't make it not possible. Then i rang Model Reports who said its not impossible, only reason thye haven't made one if because they concentrate on new age ones, they have one for the 1997 wrx which needs an extra piggyback unit so to those facts then its not impossible for sti4. going ring another company tmrw as they were closed when i rang today.