Sponsored by:

New 'preza

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2000, 10:38 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just read the Autocar article on the new my01 scoob.

I reckon with a decent front spoiler, rear wing, 18" wheels and a prodrive PPP it'll be a monster.

I've read most of the threads on this bbs about the new 'corolla' look, but the bug eye headlamps aside, the high sided body and the above mods will make for a meaty looking motor.

What d'you all think?

Old 25 August 2000, 11:01 AM
brooks
Scooby Regular

I am not sure why their are so many negative comments.

People complain about the looks - but if you want a nice looking car get an Alfa.

People complain about the interior (which has not improved much) - but if you want a lovely interior get a Audi or BMW.

The cars strength has always been great power and handling (along with reliability) and I would guess that is how it will be judged long term.

Maybe expectations were just a bit high?
Old 25 August 2000, 11:09 AM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Wink

The Imprezas strength is its drivetrain. The rest of the car may leave a little to be desired, but they are still relatively cheap, given the costs of equivalent performance from Audi, BMW etc.
Having said that, Mercedes are cutting 20% off their prices from Sept 1st and BMW are set to follow suit the week after!! Could give the Subaru a harder time. I like the new car, and it'll grow on people. You can guarantee that the first one to turn up at a meet will have more attention lavished on it than any other vehicle in the car park. We are a fickle bunch!!

Matt