ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Where to take a driving course?

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2005, 09:24 AM
Impreza_wanted_need_info
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to take a driving course?

Not to bothered about traveling but i wouldnt mind it being around the Midlands.

Anyone know of where you can book a day or two for training on how to control and drive scoobies?

Being young and not a vastly experienced driver of powerfull cars i dont pretend to be the best driver in the world and i want to keep my scooby in one piece when i get it.

So i think a driving day to control skids and learn how to drive the car correctly could be usefull

Any contact details would be appreicated!
Old 16 February 2005, 09:33 AM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Impreza_wanted_need_info
Not to bothered about traveling but i wouldnt mind it being around the Midlands.

Anyone know of where you can book a day or two for training on how to control and drive scoobies?

Being young and not a vastly experienced driver of powerfull cars i dont pretend to be the best driver in the world and i want to keep my scooby in one piece when i get it.

So i think a driving day to control skids and learn how to drive the car correctly could be usefull

Any contact details would be appreicated!

That's something I have always wanted and I think that it's a shame that with the Subaru link with Prodrive, they haven't been able to come up some sort of driving experience.

I know if you buy a Mazda RX8 or any new Ford you get a session with Prodrive (although there are undoubtdly differences between the 2 makes course). Also if you buy a Land Rover you get a 1/2 day driving experience, which you can for a fee go back at any time and go again.
Old 16 February 2005, 09:39 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Wink

I would also be interested in a driving course to improve my skills.

I've got the new EVO magazine and their hold a full day at Brands Hatch i believe? If your interested let me know.
Old 16 February 2005, 10:00 AM
Impreza_wanted_need_info
Scooby Regular

hmmm.... Sounds like a an excuss for a club event for those wanting to learn more about skids, control, and driving safelty but fun

I am happy for any details on driving schools that specialize in this or anyone who has been on one and had a good experience?
Old 16 February 2005, 10:14 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

i have a web address at home that John F sent me where they teach you with a STI on public road but staying with in the law.

How about a groub day out as its in York?
Old 16 February 2005, 10:15 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Do a Rospa or IAM course first. Very rewarding and will improve your road driving no end.
Old 16 February 2005, 12:09 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

A favourite of mine is Rallydrive . This is a 1 1/4 mile private dry circuit (concrete runway) set up to challenge both driver and car. It's used by a lot of professional rally and racing teams for testing, so although the surface isn't upto the level of tracks like Donnington, it is an education. Half day courses usually involve 1 1/2 hours in a Mini to learn the circuit, braking and turning points and to allow the instructor to assess your ability, followed by 2 hours in the Scoob. Before I bought my own, I went there a few times and found it best to book midweek, for 2 people (me & G/F) and you'll have the track to yourselves (maximising driving time) as weekends are obviously busier. We also rent his track for our own trackdays, which you are welcome to attend if you want to spectate, or even take part if you have your scoob by then.

There's also ....

http://www.philprice.co.uk/
http://www.rallyschoolgb.com/
http://www.billgwynne.com/

Do a search for Prodrive Live stuff at Bedford too.
Old 16 February 2005, 01:34 PM
JohnS

www.carlimits.com
Old 16 February 2005, 03:55 PM
kend
Scooby Regular

I did all of my response driver training with a company called driving technique in Birmingham. (bespokedrivertraining.co.uk). Highly recommended, but also highly expensive.