Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
View Poll Results: How much confidence do you have in the Police?
Confident that the Police will solve most crimes against you
4.85%
Confident that the Police will solve major crimes against you
20.39%
Confident that the Police will solve minor crimes against you
4.37%
Confident that the Police are of no use for all of the above
42.72%
Confident that the Police will prosecute you for speeding
82.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How much confidence do you have in the Police?

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2005, 03:11 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Poll: How much confidence do you have in the Police?

As above. How much confidence do you have in the Police?

(you may make multiple choices)

Bob

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 01 February 2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01 February 2005, 03:13 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatley, not that much. Even worse though are the courts and their lax sentancing for crimes commited these days.
Old 01 February 2005, 03:14 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
So where's the "votey" thingy wotsit ?
Old 01 February 2005, 03:16 PM
Livewire
Scooby Regular

Once they get enough Evo cars to patrol the streets, is the day we are all safe.

Old 01 February 2005, 03:17 PM
Mikkk
Scooby Regular

Ah bless ... a poll without a poll
Old 01 February 2005, 03:18 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Give me a chance...Poll should be active now
Old 01 February 2005, 03:20 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Livewire
Once they get enough Evo cars to patrol the streets, is the day we are all safe.

If we work by your logic then we are already safe.
Old 01 February 2005, 03:21 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

ROFL, vote is going well for the police then

Does Tony Bliar read this forum ? I don't think so, maybe I'll send him a link
Old 01 February 2005, 03:25 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pogue
ROFL, vote is going well for the police then

Does Tony Bliar read this forum ? I don't think so, maybe I'll send him a link

There is only one way of ensuring Blair reads it. Tattoo it on George Bush's ****.

Old 01 February 2005, 03:28 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

One vote for "confident that the Police will solve major crimes against you"

own up and explain

Probably going to get Police members voting 'confidently'
Old 01 February 2005, 04:22 PM
hostagewrx
Scooby Regular

hehe, have confidence that if you need us URGENTLY we will be there, if your reporting "txts by en ex-girlfriend" expect a wait!!! Urgent jobs, we are there in minutes (see Car jacked in Birmingham) but apart from that all the council people who call us everyday many times a day reporting the 'my giro has been nicked', my 'girlfriend hit me with the pan' to name a few, these take the time of the Police. Your decent person, who never rings the Police but then needs to, well take a number and sit behind those on a council estate!!!

Confidence in Police: HIGH
Confidence in solving major crime: MEDIUM (without magic wand)
Confidence in Courts: LOW

hehe
Old 01 February 2005, 04:38 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Not on this forum and not in my neck of the woods. Humberside Police?????

Shouldn't that read "MEDIUM, but only if someone grasses 'em up for us or we strike lucky" ?

Agreed
Old 01 February 2005, 05:10 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

There is only one way of ensuring Blair reads it. Tattoo it on George Bush's ****.

Hehehehe
Old 01 February 2005, 05:41 PM
MichaelH
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but I have low confidence of police solving crimes. Just from personal experience really. However, I do respect its no doubt a hard job. I've never had any problems with police and they've always been helpful when I've contacted them.

Perhaps the problem with justice in our country is the lack of decent punishment as and when people do get caught and convicted. Few years in the clink and let out after half the sentence for 'good behaviour'. They weren't exactly displaying good behaviour before they went in, wonder what causes the change in character? Must be a desire to make up for all their past wrongdoings, nothing to do with just wanting out...

Sorry, will put the soapbox away now...
Old 01 February 2005, 05:48 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hostagewrx
hehe, have confidence that if you need us URGENTLY we will be there, if your reporting "txts by en ex-girlfriend" expect a wait!!! Urgent jobs, we are there in minutes (see Car jacked in Birmingham)

hehe
How about being car-jacked at gunpoint on the same road as the main police station only to find out they are 'too busy' to deal with it?
Old 02 February 2005, 05:45 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Old 02 February 2005, 06:48 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

'How about being car-jacked at gunpoint on the same road as the main police station only to find out they are 'too busy' to deal with it?'

Easy fella!!

Every cop on here agrees that was rubbish and whoever told you that should be sacked, (by the way i'm 99% sure it was a civilian in a communications office and not a cop.)

Here's a big brush, tarnish us all with it!!!!
Old 02 February 2005, 06:49 PM
Joggerboy
Scooby Regular

Let's all slate the Police as usual, it's all getting very boring! (Yawn) It's the CPS who make the decisions nowadays on which job's go to court not the police. It does'nt matter how serious or minor the crime is, No evidence - no job, it's a simple as that! Don't get me wrong, I disagree with the total lack of discretion when it comes to speeding, but c'mon guys, it's a **** job dealing with low life on a daily basis! The Police rely on the support of joe public for many things. Don't be anti Police just because some cocky traffic cop issued you with a ticket on that morning when you were a few minutes late for work!
Old 02 February 2005, 07:05 PM
Coulster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Joggerboy
Let's all slate the Police as usual, it's all getting very boring! (Yawn) It's the CPS who make the decisions nowadays on which job's go to court not the police. It does'nt matter how serious or minor the crime is, No evidence - no job, it's a simple as that!
I disagree to an extent, the cps make a decission based on the report written by the police. Half the time when police deal with petty crimes i.e shop lifting, bag theft etc then these seem to be seen as too much time and money to waste. However the motorist is put in a situation with very little chance of a successful defence, i.e two officers word against theres in the back of a police car and in real life the judge is going to take the credit of the two officers word against the word of some nobody who has been allegedly caught speeding every time. Thus when a report is written then cps will see it as a pretty much stone cold case where it is 99% unlikely the charges will be dropped. The driver trialed and convicted, another successful statistic to go on the police annual report.
Old 02 February 2005, 07:07 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Joggerboy
......some cocky traffic cop ........
And that's part of the problem. Thankfully I have never had to call the Police for a major crime, but my disdain for some of the jumped up tw@ts in uniform means I would never go out of my way to help a copper.

This is from someone who wanted to join up 15 years ago, even did a stint in the specials to prepare.
Old 02 February 2005, 07:11 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris5-0

'How about being car-jacked at gunpoint on the same road as the main police station only to find out they are 'too busy' to deal with it?'

Easy fella!!

Every cop on here agrees that was rubbish and whoever told you that should be sacked, (by the way i'm 99% sure it was a civilian in a communications office and not a cop.)

Here's a big brush, tarnish us all with it!!!!
I'm not complaining about an individual but the Police force and its Policies as a whole.

Doesnt matter who was at the desk that night, the outcome would have been the same (ie. the criminals getting away with it).

Coventry doesnt have an Armed Response Unit and nearest one is half an hour away. Guess it doesn't need one

Basically these criminals could carry out the same serious crime time and time again in Coventry (and most other places) without fear of being caught.

Must say I've heard that Brummy Police have had success catching armed car-jackers very recently with the help of a watchful eye from a Tracker rep.

Bob
Old 02 February 2005, 07:20 PM
amber nectar
Scooby Regular

Due to past events and some recent events i have no faith in the police what so ever.
Old 02 February 2005, 07:22 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Smile

Fair point mate!

Half an hour for an ARV aint bad sometimes!!

If it was the front desk you went to bad luck, most hated job on section and always staffed by very young probationers pushed into it on parade by supervision!!

On a brighter note, GMP tazered someone again last night, 2-0 to the good guys, 50,000 volts is a hell of an evener for us, watch this space as more and more forces use it, SURE it will be a great help for us all. And whats more it has to be justified every time so little scope for abuse.
Old 02 February 2005, 08:02 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

On a brighter note, GMP tazered someone again last night, 2-0 to the good guys, 50,000 volts is a hell of an evener for us, watch this space as more and more forces use it, SURE it will be a great help for us all. And whats more it has to be justified every time so little scope for abuse
isuppose it is better than shooting people with chair legs,wait till you tazer someone with a heart problem/pacemaker/epilepsy-hope you are all properly trained in cpr/als
martinb
Old 02 February 2005, 08:08 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Yep, Defib and everything. Tazer only deploted by fullt trained armed officers who are all trauma trained to a very high standard.

Tazer doesn't affect pace makers, heart conditions etc. Of the 75 attributed 'Tazer Deaths' in the USA Tazer has not been proved in any. It is a less lethal option and comes below handcuffs and baton in our armoury as it leaves no lasting pain, markings etc. It can keep police and civilians away from dangerous subjects whilst containing them and is a lot better than our other armed option a lot of the time.

As for chair legs, it happens, but if you are stupid enough to wrap it in a bin bag, run round a town being violent and aggresive then point it at visibly armed police in the street then........
Old 03 February 2005, 09:04 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

The Police rely on the support of joe public for many things.
Agreed.

So why not set about GAINING their support, and STOP alienating them?

To realise that a large section of society, most of whom are not criminals in the accepted sense, distrust, dislike, and don't respect you, and then try to justify it by saying "we are only following orders", just cuts no ice at all.

If you know why the public aren't on your side, then at least TRY to do something about it. Stand up and be counted: we might respect you more for it.

Toeing the party line just reinforces the views of those like me, already alienated: "bullies, enforcers and general tax gatherers for whichever government holds the purse strings."

And before anyone trots out the usual, no, I wouldn't bother the police if I had a problem, any longer..........unless I needed a crime number!

Alcazar
Old 03 February 2005, 10:17 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Yep, Defib and everything. Tazer only deploted by fullt trained armed officers who are all trauma trained to a very high standard.
as high a standard as paramedics or just layperson high standard-a very big difference ie can you read a defib or do you just listen to the very annoying voice on the automatic defibs-why are all the voices american and female!?
martin
Old 03 February 2005, 12:33 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

the only confidence i have in the police is that they'll catch me if I accidentally do something illegal.

The thing is being honest makes you very easy to catch (and up the statistics) whilst the real criminals get away.

another trouble is the few arseholes in the police (I'm sure most are good people, and a very difficult job). they ruin the rep for the whole force.

'why not just arrest innocent people they are far more co-operative'..... seems to be the way things go these days
Old 03 February 2005, 03:33 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

I totally agree with alcazar.
Any crime my family has been a victim of, including my mother being mugged, has never resulted in anyone being charged. Not that there was much in the way of investigations.
I know though that I am now considered, having a Scooby, as a potetial heinous criminal by the current Establishment of this "Alice in Wonderland " country.
More and more taxes for less and less.
I now consider the Police as the agents of oppression working for the current Government.
Old 03 February 2005, 04:19 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I now consider the Police as the agents of oppression working for the current Government
Not just this government, ANY that's in power.
It started under Thatcher when she gave them a massive rise to get them onside, and then used them to smash the miners

And yes, don't expect much of an investigation for crimes much less than murder, rape etc, but DO expect to be pursued from pillar to post over a £60 speeding fine

Priorities? What priorities?

Alcazar

Quick Reply: Poll: How much confidence do you have in the Police?