Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the north west?

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2000, 12:32 AM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hi folks.

I was unfortunate enough to have been involved in an accident in my Scoob at the weekend which has left it with moderate front and rear damage.

I am currently arranging repairs through a loss recovery firm, and they need to sort out somewhere to repair my car ASAP.

Their recommended repairer is a place called Geoff bailey Motorbody in Timperly, Altrincham. They are obviously an unknown quantity to me, and I'd rather use somehwere that somebody else had had good experiences with!

I was planning on using Williams BMW in Liverpool who two people had recommended to me, but apparantly they will not do work for loss recovery firms in case it jeopardises their work for insurance companies (as insurance companies don't like loss recovery firms ... apparantly.)

So ... can anybody recommend a bodyshop in the North West? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! The only place I have had recommended so far is Motorbody Care in Northwich ...

Cheers,

Andrew.
Old 18 August 2000, 01:24 PM
SPJ
Scooby Regular

Andrew,

Try Spraycraft in Chorlton, Manchester
0161-862-9007.

They are used by the Dealership my car came from, and have done repair work for me in the past.Excellent quality.

Steve
Old 18 August 2000, 10:18 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

Tom Garners - the peugeot dealer in Manchester (Castlefield) have a very good bodyshop - quite reputable and speedy. Have good experience of their work on our second car after a dealer pranged it while it was being serviced - only other advice I could offer would be to ring around dealers and maybe C+K etc. to ask them where they send cars to.

good luck and I hope you get your car back on the road soon

Paul W
Old 18 August 2000, 11:49 PM
adge
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I live in Timperley(please note the correct spelling) and have heard of them but have never used them. When my MY98 was pranged I had it fixed at IGW Subaru dealership in Bolton who I bought the car off. No complaints with their work.
Old 19 August 2000, 12:10 AM
Jim
Scooby Newbie

Ok, I can't find the number, but i think the name was Evansons or Evasons?? Bloody organisation, I can't find any of the stuff I put in that "safe" place . Anyway, they seemed good, and they did a lot of work for Vauxhall's insurers so give em a try.
Regards
Jim
Old 19 August 2000, 11:54 AM
Jim
Scooby Newbie

Andrew
I had some insurance work done by a company just off the M53 (Jn 8?) on the rossmore industrial estate. I'm racking my brain to think of the name of the place (or find any bits of paper with the name on) and I'll post them when I find them.
Anyway, if you're coming from L'pool, take the right exit from the motorway roundabout and follow the road to a set of traffic lights with a car dealership (Vauxhall i think) on the left corner. Turn left at the lights, then take the first left again onto an narrow back road. The bodyshop is on the right. That's my recollection anyway. I'll have a look for the name and number now!
Hope this (will) help.
Regards
Jim
RSOC 29080
Old 19 August 2000, 02:19 PM
PAUL GEE
Scooby Regular

Andrew,
I can highly recommend a chap called Herman at the 'SYLVAN BODY CENTRE' in Trafford Park, Manchester.
Tel: 0161 876 5042. Nice bloke and positively 'gifted' when it comes to the old spray gun.

Trending Topics

Old 21 August 2000, 09:41 AM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the recommendations folks, greatly appreciated.

I telephoned the Subaru dealer that I bought my car from and they always use Glebe Garage in Widnes for accident repairs. Due to the fact that the loss recovery comapany were keen to sort somewhere out on Friday (under threat of me losing the hire car!), I've arranged to have the work done there. As it happens it is only about 10 minutes drive away from where I work so hopefully I'll be able to pop in and see the work in progress.

Thanks once again for all your responses.

Andrew.