Sponsored by:

Another commendation for the Wizard

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2000, 04:23 PM
PeteC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I know that there have been quite a number of posts praising the Wizard of Wax, but

a) there might be some newbies out there who don't yet know about Mark and his products, and

b) in this day and age, I don't think you can praise outstanding service highly enough.

I've been tarting up the Primera ready for sale, and have been using Mark's products, including the Merlin wax, and the results have been brilliant. I did have a small problem though with some white marks on the door handles and wing mirror surrounds after waxing. These are black plastic, with a slightly rough surface. Using the cleaner on these, followed by some of the protection stuff, I managed to get the surfaces looking OK again.

I was fairly sure that the problem was caused by me getting some wax on these areas and allowing it to dry. I dropped Mark an email to check, as I'm not having the sills or protection strips colour-coded on the scoob, and didn't want to make the same mistake on that.

End result is that he sent by return post a bottle of his vinyl cleanser, free of charge, which has brought the plastic bits back to a brilliant, brand new appearance.

He didn't have to do that - basically, I just wanted some advice. Needless to say, I was extremely impressed. Not only are his products damn good, he delivers a quality of service that you'd be very hard pressed to find from most companies these days.

Top man!
Old 17 August 2000, 04:48 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Question

Pete, as an Autoglym man, i'm always sceptical of new wonder products, but the praise for this stuff seems to be overwhelming. What are the basics that you need - only i've found the web page slightly vague in saying exactly what's required - is it just a tub of the wax and then rub on/off, or do you really need the pre-treatment and all the other malarkey?
Old 17 August 2000, 04:55 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Talking

This stuff sounds really good, Ive just bought some of this new US Polish that you spray on with a hose and just wipe off. Best finish ive ever seen and the whole thing took me 10 minutes no circle scratch marks again. I polished 3 cars in 1 hour and the results were amazing, I would like to see this Wax Wizard as so many people are praising it.

Harj....
Old 17 August 2000, 05:02 PM
PeteC
Scooby Regular

TelBoy,

As a minimum, you could probably get away with just the cleaner and the wax. I also added the protector (for all the vinyl bits and pieces), the shampoo, and the wheel cleaner. Give the man a call though, and he'll be happy to discuss it.

Pete
Old 17 August 2000, 05:15 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Smile

Old 17 August 2000, 08:21 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Telboy

You need WW Shampoo, Cleanser & a wax like Merlin wax. I use an Autoglym synthetic chamois & a WW sponge. Also get 4 WW polishing towels. The WW window cleaner is an excellent product too.
Old 17 August 2000, 09:42 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Cool

Telboy

Get the starter kit - it has everything you need. Follow Mark's instructions and with a little work you will get a stunning looking car. The great thing is that once you 've put the wax on, the car is so much easier to keep clean. Water just beads off which means the car always looks good.

15% discount for SIDC members as well. WW online ordering is also now available. If you are in the Croydon area - drop me an email and come and see for yourself.

Chris

Trending Topics

Old 18 August 2000, 08:59 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

its quality stuff.

i never used to worry about my previous car but a m8 whose used to swear by autoglym now swears by WW on his scoob as being much much more effective and easier to apply.

marks also a top guy with time to talk to customers or prospective customers no matter the day or time !

send him a mail or give him a call. you wont be disappointed.