Service advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2005, 03:29 PM
ScoobyPugh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Service advice needed.

I need a bit of advice please.

I bought a 04 plate WRX in July from Motorpoint in Derby. To keep the Warranty intact I need to ensure that it is serviced in line with Subaru recommendations. As it is an Import I do not have the UK manual that tells me te intervals required.

I have had her serviced at 1000 miles, 7500 miles and not sure when the next 3 are due. Can a fellow Scooby nut with a UK car let me know please.

Much obliged.

Graeme
Old 13 January 2005, 03:34 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Just looked in my book, picked mine up from service this morning, 7,500miles or every 6 months which ever comes first.
Old 13 January 2005, 03:39 PM
ScoobyPugh
Scooby Regular

Exclamation Thanks.

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
Just looked in my book, picked mine up from service this morning, 7,500miles or every 6 months which ever comes first.
Do you mean every 7500 miles i.e 15000, 22,500 etc?

Is yours a UK model WRX?

Thanks for the response.

G
Old 13 January 2005, 04:04 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
UK are 12 months or 10k. Another bit of the EU saving disappears

Wait 'til you try to make a warranty claim

PS. I'm not condemning imported motors, and would consider one myself. Just pointing out that they aren't always the bargains they seem. Sorry for any offence.
Old 13 January 2005, 04:41 PM
crispyduck
Scooby Regular

I imported my WRX03 from Belgium. It's all the same for me as UK car for servicing (12 months/10K), warranty (3 years/60K - 6 years body work) and breakdown cover (3 years anywhere within Europe).

Can't comment on warranty as I haven't ever made a claim. Like any claim, if its genuine and you haven't done anything to void the warranty then it will be fine.
-Steve.
Old 13 January 2005, 04:42 PM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Location: Holder of six fairy tokens, from the land of green ginger

Imports have different service schedule to SUK cars, and places like Cyprus and Malta are stricter in terms of mileage too. You must check your service book, if you haven't got one then Motorpoint should get you one, it's their responsibility.
Old 13 January 2005, 05:32 PM
andy1505
Scooby Regular

If the import is a Uk spec car then why would the servicing be different? Excuse the ignorance and why does place of EU origin affect the service intervals.

Trending Topics

Old 13 January 2005, 05:39 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

each country does have different service intevals, its upto the importer to adjust depending on their countries needs.

as cyprus and malta are dry and arrid i would expect shorter service intervals.

you need to maintain the car as per the importers requirments or the warrant is worthless.

Belgium cars are they same as UK, but they didnt have to have the 1k service, but i did mine anyway. You also do not need to have your car serviced by a uk delear, as long as the place you service the car is a member of a registered garage scheme and uses genuine parts.

as one of my local dealers is useless and the other seriosly expensive im going elsewhere on my next service.
Old 14 January 2005, 03:01 PM
ScoobyPugh
Scooby Regular

Question Wrong.

Originally Posted by pbee
each country does have different service intevals, its upto the importer to adjust depending on their countries needs.

as cyprus and malta are dry and arrid i would expect shorter service intervals.

you need to maintain the car as per the importers requirments or the warrant is worthless.

Belgium cars are they same as UK, but they didnt have to have the 1k service, but i did mine anyway. You also do not need to have your car serviced by a uk delear, as long as the place you service the car is a member of a registered garage scheme and uses genuine parts.

as one of my local dealers is useless and the other seriosly expensive im going elsewhere on my next service.
Sorry guys, you are missing the point.

Motorpoint warranty booklet state that as long as manufacturers service interval recommendations are met, then the warranty still holds true.

Alternatively, every 6000 miles is sufficient.

I was enquiring as to what the UK servicing intervals are. As you can see from this thread that there are 2 interpretations (every 7.5k or every 10K) which is correct?

Can someone with a UK 04 WRX please comment.

Thanks

p.s this is not an invitation to slate imports and assoc problems!
p.p.s Motorpoint imported from malta.
Old 14 January 2005, 04:19 PM
ukdub
Scooby Newbie

10k for a uk wrx my04
Old 14 January 2005, 04:45 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

10K for a UK WRX
7.5K for some imports, even though they are the same cars!
Old 14 January 2005, 05:03 PM
UKScoobGS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Good news for Scoobypugh

Got this from Liaco ltd(Subaru Malta), i asked about service as i to bought mine from motorpoint. Looks like you can stick to the UK schedule.
See below

Dear Mr. Stevenson,

In order to maintain a valid warranty you must follow the guidelines set in our Warranty & Service booklet. You will notice that the booklet indicates shorter service intervals because it takes into account the Maltese geographic region & climate with typical short trips, which is why the booklet suggests earlier service intervals.

However it is worth noting that only the grey shaded slots are mandatory (IE: Service 1,3,5,7 etc..), whereas the NON-Shaded are only optional depending on the car usage (E.g.: If you use your car under severe conditions). Under normal driving and road conditions in the UK you will be just fine to service the car at least every year or every 9,500/10,000 miles which ever occurs first.

Hope the above answers your questions, should we be of any further assistance please contact us again.
May we take this opportunity to wish you many years of enjoyable trouble-free motoring with your new car.

Best Regards,
AfterSales Department

Liaco Limited
Lia Building, Mosta Road, Lija BZN09 MALTA
TEL: (+356) 2141 8111
FAX: (+356) 2141 8589 Or E-FAX (+356) 2143 2116
www.liaco.com.mt
Old 14 January 2005, 05:10 PM
andy1505
Scooby Regular

Good Job!
Old 14 January 2005, 07:07 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by UKScoobGS
Got this from Liaco ltd(Subaru Malta), i asked about service as i to bought mine from motorpoint. Looks like you can stick to the UK schedule.
See below

Dear Mr. Stevenson,

In order to maintain a valid warranty you must follow the guidelines set in our Warranty & Service booklet. You will notice that the booklet indicates shorter service intervals because it takes into account the Maltese geographic region & climate with typical short trips, which is why the booklet suggests earlier service intervals.

However it is worth noting that only the grey shaded slots are mandatory (IE: Service 1,3,5,7 etc..), whereas the NON-Shaded are only optional depending on the car usage (E.g.: If you use your car under severe conditions). Under normal driving and road conditions in the UK you will be just fine to service the car at least every year or every 9,500/10,000 miles which ever occurs first.

Hope the above answers your questions, should we be of any further assistance please contact us again.
May we take this opportunity to wish you many years of enjoyable trouble-free motoring with your new car.

Best Regards,
AfterSales Department

Liaco Limited
Lia Building, Mosta Road, Lija BZN09 MALTA
TEL: (+356) 2141 8111
FAX: (+356) 2141 8589 Or E-FAX (+356) 2143 2116
www.liaco.com.mt
Good man..!

For gods sake how many times does this have to be said.

UK spec = UK service intervals.

My 05 came from Cyprus and the service/warranty book states to go on drivers manual (ie European service schedual) 10000 miles/12 months.

It's about time uk car owners stopped kidding themselves about servicing/warranty problems, they don't exist..!

Jason
Old 16 January 2005, 02:34 PM
ScoobyPugh
Scooby Regular

Wink Thanks.

Originally Posted by jasonius
Good man..!

For gods sake how many times does this have to be said.

UK spec = UK service intervals.

My 05 came from Cyprus and the service/warranty book states to go on drivers manual (ie European service schedual) 10000 miles/12 months.

It's about time uk car owners stopped kidding themselves about servicing/warranty problems, they don't exist..!

Jason
Thanks to all who have replied. I feel more comfortable now. Next service 17,500 miles as already serviced at 7,500 miles.

Cheers.

Graeme
Old 16 January 2005, 04:12 PM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
UK are 12 months or 10k. Another bit of the EU saving disappears

Wait 'til you try to make a warranty claim

PS. I'm not condemning imported motors, and would consider one myself. Just pointing out that they aren't always the bargains they seem. Sorry for any offence.
My UK spec 05 WRX 'import' via alliance is 10k intervals and the warranty is registered through thier dealership so no probs at all if a claim becomes necessary!

Paul
Old 16 January 2005, 05:39 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

05 WRX from Malta. Maltese Servicing book, warranty letter for cross-european and a letter from Liaco etc. arrived in the post on Friday (from Motorpoint). Distances in miles, shaded ones are marked with a * for mandatory.
Shaded - 1K
Not Shaded - 3K
S - 9K/12 months.
NS - 14K
S - 19K/24 months
Then it continues in 5K for a non shaded, another 4K or 5K for a shaded. So mandatory every 9,000-10,000 miles or a year.

Odd that it goes in slightly random intervals.
Old 16 January 2005, 08:25 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vipa
My UK spec 05 WRX 'import' via alliance is 10k intervals and the warranty is registered through thier dealership so no probs at all if a claim becomes necessary!

Paul
Are you sure about this..?

I think you might find it's 10000 miles.

If you look in the service/warranty book on the stamp page it should say, at the top, to go on drivers handbook and that is as 'st3ph3n' has already quoted.

Your car from Alliance (mine too) should be Cyprus, maybe Malta. Either way it's EU servicing schedual.

Jason