had my scooby couple weeks and now its damaged

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2005, 02:55 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry had my scooby couple weeks and now its damaged

was in slough in a multistorey,

came back to be greeted by a lots of gouging, massive scraping door was slightly bent,

no one at the scene drove offangry not best pleased but thats life, make sure i park like a billy no mates away from everyone in future.
Old 13 January 2005, 03:01 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where did that happen?
Old 13 January 2005, 03:05 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

queensmere, no one saw what happened, ****ers ARGHH sorry for bad language.
Old 13 January 2005, 03:06 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Ring the parking company and see if they have any CCTV and if the accident is there call the police maybe you can trace the denter that way? After all they have broken the law by leaving the scene.
Old 13 January 2005, 03:15 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
queensmere, no one saw what happened, ****ers ARGHH sorry for bad language.
queensmere has cctv doesn't it? I'm sure it does. Is it damage that's been caused by another car driving into it? It sounds like it from your description
Old 13 January 2005, 03:17 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

its damage from someone reversing at the wrong angle, and side swiping the rear, proberl y a suv didn't even notice it.
Old 13 January 2005, 03:35 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That happened to me last year....lucky for me it was in a pub car park. I was in the beer garden at the time so noticed it happen. I ran over and confronted the guy who denied it...."Erm sir, can you please tell me how you have my green paint on your bumper and I have your blue paint on my doors?". He then admitted it. Turns out he was an American tourist in a hire car. The hire company told me to get it fixed and send them the bill.

I now park taking up 2 spaces (white line down centre of car). I don't give a rats *** what people say....I just point them in the direction of the obligatory sign which says "We are not responsible for any damage to vehicles...blah, blah".

Trending Topics

Old 13 January 2005, 03:37 PM
New_scooby_04

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car mate. I find it hard to believe that even a SUV didn't notice what appears to have been a major parking 'off moment'. Stinks of a lack of integrity on the part of the other person to me.

If I have to use a car park, I always choose a space with a wall one one side....at least that protects one side of the car from poor parking on the part of others!! I also try and select a car that has been very well looked after to park next to, less likely that the owner parks like Stevie Wonder or just throws their doors open! SUVs are a no-no, as is anything that looks like it might house kids! Don't bother parking by yourself, it never works irrespective of how far you park away from other vehicels, someone will always come and park next to you, esp if you have a nice car (see above)!

Do pursue the CCTV, you never know, it might yield a result!

Best wishes,
Old 13 January 2005, 03:41 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

i will pursue but the owners leave there cars here at their own risk proberly covers ******* who scrape other cars and drive off
Old 13 January 2005, 03:41 PM
subsy
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate but i find no matter how far away i park from people there is always one person who parks next to you,
Old 13 January 2005, 04:03 PM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
i will pursue but the owners leave there cars here at their own risk proberly covers ******* who scrape other cars and drive off
Ralph

that disclaimer is to remove any liability from the owners of the car park, it doesn't apply to people using the car park. Where I feel you may come unstuck is that the incident occured on private property and not on a public highway so don't know how much interest the police will take?

Really sorry to hear though... and I do hope the CCTV line of investigation yields results.

Paul
Old 13 January 2005, 05:17 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Some one on here a couple of weeks ago had a good idea, if you have a camera phone take a piccie of whats parked beside you, not that it helps in this matter but just in case you have damge when you come back
Cheers
Colin
Old 13 January 2005, 09:31 PM
skubyman
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear of it Ralph ..............
Old 13 January 2005, 09:34 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Some one on here a couple of weeks ago had a good idea, if you have a camera phone take a piccie of whats parked beside you, not that it helps in this matter but just in case you have damge when you come back
Cheers
Colin
if i think theres a suspicious car i normally do, but i honestly didn't see a problem, i resigned myself to the fact I gotta pay, i will post pics tomorrow, also the after pics end of next week
Old 13 January 2005, 10:27 PM
Neil_G
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the car getting damaged...know how it feels as I've had it done to me in the past.

I am now pretty paranoid about where I park so try to find a spot well out of the way even if it does mean I have to walk a bit further to where I want to go.
Old 13 January 2005, 10:30 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Dman some people have no respect anymore, my heart goes out to ya, i know when i bought my second car, a brand new astra, it was my pride and joy, then someone tried to break into it, its gutting.

But hey could be worse, could be in my position with a right off lol
Old 13 January 2005, 10:46 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear.
My worst nightmare when I park up is some tw*t opening their door onto my car!
Makes you think if the worry is worth it?
Old 14 January 2005, 12:10 AM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

Live in a one-way street three cars wide. No room to get the nose out to reverse into spaces, wing mirrors swiped off every couple of months.

And then to cap it off some old codger I actually know across the road uses the Parisian way of parking - if there's no space, make one. Push that one forward, that one back, bit further forward... Old git, wouldn't like it if I did it to his f'ing Honda Civic!
Old 14 January 2005, 07:08 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy

Quote...( make sure i park like a billy no mates away from everyone in future.)

You can guarrentte if you go and park in the middle of an empty car park... some **** will still park that close to your car you won't be able to open your doors...
2 spaces for me every time... bo**ock to them, I pay enough to own my car, insure it etc... so could do without parking dents....
My car was mint until newyears eve... parked it outside me mates house, went in for a bru, come out and now it wants the n/s rear quater painting, rear bumper... just cause some pr*ck couldn't drive... then they don't even have the decencey to stop and report it... so thats costing me £250 quid, and then last weekend, noticed me front bumper has been hit by someone else... now that wants doing too... all repairs payed out for by yours truely... p*ssed off...