Sponsored by:

Wive's & Wall's

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2000, 01:02 AM
Harry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

My misses has just scraped my 99 Sonic Blue WRX along a low brick wall and scraped(badly) the bottom of the front bumper/spoiler(underneath the groove). I'm going to try and botch it but would rather cover with a lower chin/lip spoiler. Does anyone have any ideas or contacts?

Cheers

Harry
Old 15 August 2000, 08:37 AM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the feeling, my girlfriend de-spoilered my WRX two weeks ago in a multi storey car park in Woking...bloody women drivers !!!!
Anyway there was a company advertising free painting on spoilers (drmotorsport.co.uk) and they start at £175 which is what I had before the "incident", you can fit them in about 1 hour.....good luck
Dan
Old 15 August 2000, 09:59 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

ouch! Sorry to hear about the incident, bet the air was blue when you found out.

SuzyQ finally decided to drive the black beast at the weekend and was a little worried that she'd scrape it whilst I was in it and she'd have to face the music. Must say she drove it better than I do, and she did some mean overtaking as well.
Old 15 August 2000, 10:12 AM
Jules
Scooby Regular

I took the easy way out when my Wife decided she wanted to drive my Scooby - I bought her a car of her own.....

Jules.
Old 15 August 2000, 04:22 PM
KimA
Scooby Regular

Angry

Probably the response you're after, but I don't suppose any of you "men" have ever had a "scrape" in your life - probably more of a write-off - but we won't mention that will we?

(No offence to Markus "three kings" - fair play to you)

Old 16 August 2000, 12:32 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

My better half is slightly nervous when driving ours as she knows what I'd be like if she pranged it. Generally she is a good driver (I feel safe enough to sleep while she's driving) but prone to silly mistakes. Last week she scraped the rear bumper down one side on the scoob when reversing and has done the same to her own car. However..... its only me thats had a major accident.
Old 16 August 2000, 01:53 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by KimA:
<B>Probably the response you're after, but I don't suppose any of you "men" have ever had a "scrape" in your life - probably more of a write-off - but we won't mention that will we?

(No offence to Markus "three kings" - fair play to you)

[/quote]

KimA
You're absolutely right, we do right off more cars. However, I think there is rather more credibilty is saying, "yeah, well it was a really tricky negative camber right hander, and I was doing 110mph in the wet when it let go", than "well darling, it was a particulary vicious turn into that parking space, and I was really gunning in first at 3mph when I broke off your spoiler"

Geezer

Trending Topics

Old 16 August 2000, 02:22 PM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Sorry to join the women on this one but I'd rather they scrape my motor in a carpark causing <£500 out of my wallet than me rolling the motor into a field causing a £20k insurance nightmare.

(runs away screaming like a girl)
Joolz.
Old 16 August 2000, 03:15 PM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Talking

I think you are all male chauvanist pigs and I'm ashamed to be associated with any of you.
I can honestly tell you that my wife is perfectly capable of driving without danger to others at any speed, thank you very much.

Mind you, the Bonneville Salt Flats is not reknowned for it's tailbacks

blubs

ps Joolz. Is that short for Julie or Jesse?

Old 16 August 2000, 03:17 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

I would be more forgiving of a write-off/accident at speed more than 2mph over the inevitable scratches & scrapes & car-park dings.

If I moan about something, she says "Its only a scratch" & am made to feel a rat. She can't understand why I get uptight about her putting her handbag on the roof. This is the wife who very badly curbed 2 wheels on our Corrado on a sharp corner, that they needed replacing, & then, 2 days after I replaced them, did 1 of them again on the same curb

I go out of my way to ensure that she does not drive the scoob (bought a spare car, use the bike etc). My wife is in no way a petrol-head & I envy all you blokes out there whose wives are.

She just DOES NOT UNDERSTAND...

[This message has been edited by Puff The Magic Wagon! (edited 16 August 2000).]
Old 16 August 2000, 04:40 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nice reply Geezer!!

Haven't laughed so much in ages

Having said that my wife is a star behind the wheel, has been ever since she used to get her rear drive starlet sideways

Funny, though, it all goes to buggery when reverse is selected

She drives the Scoob way too fast though

Even scares me sometimes

D
Old 16 August 2000, 04:48 PM
Maxwell Straker
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ofcourse, any scrape, be it the flat left into parking space or flat left into farmers field will be met with the usual
'It wasn't my fault!!!'
and the classic
'I didn't mean to do it!!'
as excuses from the ladies.

Us blokes are usually magnanamous in defeat and will be willing (or even proud) to admit our mistakes but God forbid that a prang may actually have been a womans fault. Surely the person at fault was the stupid man that built the wall in a silly place in the first instance, or the idiot man that designed cars to go so fast.