Sponsored by:

fuel booster for wrx sti

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2005, 06:05 PM
stebro1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fuel booster for wrx sti

Picking my new car up on 8th and would like to know has the fuel cat in line octane booster been tried and tested by anyone as i've called the manufacturing company and they say they sell hundreds a week. They say that they contain tin to boost octane levels and zinc to lubricate engine and turbo etc.
They state that it is underwritten by lloyds of london insurers up to £1m engine damage liability if engine damage occurs and is proven to be caused by the product failing to work. Is the £60 a waste of money trying or should i use optimax + nf octane booster. If so then where can i get nf octane booster from and do i always have to use optimax + booster or can 95 ron be used sometimes?
Old 02 January 2005, 06:13 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I think they are fairly untested at the moment however there was an article on them in scooby magazine and they wern't particuarly well recieved.
If you are running an import You will need Optimax plus Octane booster or a remap
Old 02 January 2005, 11:58 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stebro1
They state that it is underwritten by lloyds of london insurers up to £1m engine damage liability if engine damage occurs and is proven to be caused by the product failing to work.
I think you'll find that the guarantee covers damage caused by the product. However, in a court of law I doubt you would actually be able to prove the product caused the failure, especially as engines fail in normal use without these products.

Another thought - If the product doesn't actually work and does nothing at all to the fuel, it can't damage the engine, can it?