Sponsored by:

Warranty for Used Car

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2004, 02:03 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty for Used Car

I've just bought another Impreza... and I am wanting to get some 3rd Party Warranty.

So far I have lined up a policy for a year, with www.warrantydirect.co.uk and would like to know if this is worth while or not?!

Has anyone had a warranty like that before, if so did you have problems with it when you needed to claim??

Its £300 for a years Warranty, with all warranty work being done at a main dealer should it need it.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 30 December 2004, 03:27 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Red face

If you do a search under "Warranty Direct" I would expect some less than complimentary results to appear. I gave up with a claim for a failed power steering pump. The small print was qualified to mean "sudden failure" as against "gradual failure". The casing around the pump holding the fluid broke and was laking onto my drive requiring daily top ups. However, that was not covered. I am sure there are other incidents where the "cover" turned out to be less than expected so good luck mate.

JB
Old 30 December 2004, 03:46 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

TBH I wouldnt touch another insurance backed warranty ever again, a total waste of time IMHO. If youre that worried about warranties get a UK car from a dealer, or from a private seller whos car is still in warranty through IM.
Old 30 December 2004, 06:30 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Cool

I would STRONGLY suggest you read all the small print on ANY warranty, even the ones supplied by the Uk dealers,as even the Subaru "proven" warranty is not all its cracked up to be. Remember, things have to physically "fail", not wear, not go slightly noisey,or the clutch, juddery. They will not accept such and even send a "third party" examiner to check all parts removed before they will accept or decline any claim. You will also be asked "at your own expense" to have any component removed and await inspection.
it may be simpler to put the £300.00 you were going to spend on a warranty, in a building society account, and leave there in case you need a repair, as untill you need it, its gaining interest too!

Read first before signing any warranty.