Arrrrrrrrrgh - I'm GUTTED..

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2000, 09:00 AM
rob barron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Arrrrrrrrgh
Upon my way home from work last night I had just joined the M25 southbound at Junction 16. There I was sitting stationary in the traffic when some blonde bimbo in BMW 3 series also trying to join the M25 ploughed into the back of my P1 at about 40mph shunting me into the back of another car.

I’m not going to repeat on here what I said to her, but lets say I lost my rag big style!

The police are not going to prosecute her (BUGGER) but did say she’s admitted that it was her fault.

I’m totally gutted as I waited 9 months for this car and have only had it just under 3 weeks.

All I can say at the moment is F**KING WOMEN DRIVERS in BMW’s

Rob Barron
GUTTED P1 Owner.

[This message has been edited by rob barron (edited 12 August 2000).]
Old 12 August 2000, 09:08 AM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

****e, sorry to hear that

Withou generalising, i was on the M25 about 3 weeks back during the day (pre 5pm) and some old tart in a 328i thought she owned the road, driving right up my chuff at 80mph in busy outer lane (yes i know its for overtaking only but it was busy all over!) and then weaving in and out of traffic carelessly to try and get to her slip road at the last minute. Needless to say when i got alongside her in the inside lane i gave her a few profanities.

Another time, some prat in a BMW touring came whizzing down the slip road and carved right across 3 lanes of traffic into the outer lane without signalling or looking in his mirrors....that was a lucky escape for a few other cars. Lucky it was about 9pm so less busy but he still didnt see the other cars, who had to brake hard and change lanes abruptly!

I cringe driving on that motorway, its where idiots who dont normally use motorways suddenly find themselves on one without a clue as to how to drive sensibly.

Oh well, is the damage just front and rear bumpers or more?

Sunil

[This message has been edited by sunilp (edited 12 August 2000).]
Old 12 August 2000, 10:29 AM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this Rob.

Motorways are paradise for d%£kheads, defensive driving just doesn't work as they can come at you from all sides.

Hope the next time she picks a fight with a 40 tonner.

Down in Hants its M3 drivers male and female that are top of the tailgating class.

DJ

[This message has been edited by DocJock (edited 12 August 2000).]
Old 12 August 2000, 10:49 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really sorry to hear about this. In only 5 years of car ownership between us both the wife and I have been crashed into from behind whilst stationary although at much lower speeds than 40mph. On these occasions both drivers were men in 1. juggernaut 2. 4x4. Anyway, on the second occasion we managed to get payment for inconvenience off the other driver's insurance (didn't try the first time). As a doctor, can I suggest if you were hit from behind at 40mph it would be worth considering a whiplash claim. This is the classic mechanism of injury and the onset of symptoms can be delayed. It might be worth being seen by your doctor to document any problems. I really hope you do not get whiplash (I had it for only four days and it was hellish - that was a 50mph crash through a wall when a tractor ran me off the road but he didn't stop so no claim there). I do not want to encourage meaningless litigation, but if you are put to discomfort/inconvenience you will at least feel a bit better about the whole thing if you can claim for it. There are many no win no fee accident injury services around although I have not used any. Your insurance many also provide legal cover for this.
Hope this is constructive, my sympathies again - it feels horrible to have your pride & joy wrecked by others stupidity never mind the risk to you life/health etc.

[This message has been edited by john banks (edited 12 August 2000).]
Old 12 August 2000, 11:11 AM
Denz
Scooby Regular

Rob,

is it repairable?
Old 12 August 2000, 03:11 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Rob

Nae luck mate.

You have my sympathies...

Gutting when your pride and joy is damaged, blood boiling if it's as a result of someone else's bad driving!

Hope it can be repaired.

Rich
Old 12 August 2000, 03:20 PM
rik.c
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Rob, all i can say is i'm gutted for you mate. Rik
Old 12 August 2000, 05:26 PM
rob barron
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just spent the last 4hrs at Accident & Emergency department in the royal surrey hospital,and after loads of X-Rays it looks like I have chipped bone in one of the vertebra’s in my neck as a result of this accident.

Also had my P1 transported to my dealer this morning and after a quick look at the damage
it looks like it’s going to cost 12-13K to repair it.

It needs a new front end, Bonnet , rear end including boot & spoiler, scoobysport exhaust
and that’s just on the face of it, god knows what else they will find.

I still can’t believe this has happened.

Anyway thanks for the sympathetic replies.

Rob Barron
Still a very gutted P1 owner.

[This message has been edited by rob barron (edited 12 August 2000).]
Old 12 August 2000, 05:39 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Rob

Very sorry to hear all this

I do, however, know a very good PI solicitor to sue the t1ts off her (pun intended )
Old 12 August 2000, 06:43 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Ahhhh - it gets worse. I hope your neck recovers quickly.

Good luck
Old 12 August 2000, 07:34 PM
justy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Do not worry !

We can rebuild it !

make it better than it was before !

xxx
Old 12 August 2000, 08:22 PM
Bright Kar
Scooby Regular

If its that badly damaged I would get a new one. Even if they can straighten it I really wouldnt want it. As its obviously pretty knew I think you can demand a new one. It isnt as unreasonable as it sounds and insurance companies will do this I believe. Think there are going to be a fair few unsold P1 around.

bkar
Old 12 August 2000, 08:39 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Angry

Like the others, sorry to hear this man, especially with it being such a fine car. My last "accident" involved a lady driver too. Thankfully I wasnt in it at the time having parked it up in a proper parking spot in a multi storey and gone shopping. Like you I'd not long bought the car. Anyway this woman came shooting down from the next floor up, took her hands off the steering wheel to rescue a can of Coke (yes she had rested an opened can of drink on the top of the dash). She saved the can but unfortunately at the cost of her and my car. Thankfully she was still there when I got back due to the fact that her front wing had punctured her offside tyre. Got the car fixed but the paint job was never as good as the original.
Good luck mate.
Old 12 August 2000, 11:37 PM
APJ
Scooby Regular

Rob - if you've only had the car for 3 weeks, insist the insurnace company swop it for a new one . . . it wont feel the same after this!

Why is it always BMW drivers?!

Andrew
Old 13 August 2000, 02:34 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Your lucky Rob, first time i bought my silver 306 gti-6 ex demo, 9k on the clock, had the car 2 hours before some ars3h0le drove through a red light, hmmm 7.5k pounds later and it still wasnt the same, all i can give you is my condolenses that you have been through this experience, good job she was insured, mine wasnt and he was also disqualified..... wouldnt want anyone to go through that m8ty.....
send it back to prodrive, see what they can do!!
Old 13 August 2000, 03:22 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
What annoys me is that the bloody cameras on the M25 will nick you for doing 61 in a 50 limit, possible court appearance etc etc, when you have not harmed anyone, yet when someone causes an accident and injures someone through driving without due care, the police decide that they will not prosecute!

Sorry for the really long sentence.

Regards
ianF
Old 13 August 2000, 08:03 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Rob,

Sorry to hear your news.

I hope you recover as quickly and painlessly as possible. Don't worry about the car too much, it's just metal and it will be fixed or replaced.

Moray
Old 13 August 2000, 09:12 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Bad luck Rob,

Good luck and remember it is only a CAR afterall.People are more important so get yourself sorted.
Regards,Arron.

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 14 August 2000).]
Old 14 August 2000, 08:31 AM
Mark Johnson
Scooby Regular

Rob

I heard about this as I was at Concours on Saturday to see what I believe is your old Terzo. Sorry to hear about your neck and the car. I am unfortunatly Scoobyless due to crashing mine totally recently. Would really appreciate it if we could make contact re your old car.

Thanks

Mark
Old 14 August 2000, 09:26 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Rob,

I am seriusly shocked mate. What a mare. Really, really feel for you. I go spare when an insect dies on my newly cleaned windscreen!

I would definetely go for a new one.

All the best,

Jon.