ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Gits!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2000, 03:14 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Firstly, sorry to the long term regulars if this topic's been up a few times before...

As I don't have a garage, I have to keep my Silver MY00 (>5000 mls old) pride & joy in the street.

Late night, some basxxxd saw fit to decorate my bonnet with a 16 inch deep key/coin scratch!

Two things:

1. I don't want to attempt a repair myself (not capable). Can anybody recommend a proffessional in the Edinburgh area. Do I need to go to the dealer (for correct colour code.)

2. If I catch one of these vandals at it - is extreme physical violence an option?!!
(that's a bad joke by the way)

Rich
Old 10 August 2000, 03:39 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Personally, if I caught someone scratching my pride & joy, I would make them regret ever having been born.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, protecting your property (even with reasonable force) seems to be frowned upon by the courts. They trash your car and get a caution, you give them a healthy clip round the ear and get 3 months inside...
Old 10 August 2000, 04:00 PM
moz.g
Scooby Regular

In reply to 1. Can't help you there as I live on the Wirral

In reply to 2. Yes, as long as you don't get caught

Graham
Old 10 August 2000, 04:32 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Angry

I would send the home boys round with a bunsen burner and a blow torch to make sure they arent able to use their manhood ever again.

And dont be silly, it isnt a bad joke, I would be deadly serious.
Old 10 August 2000, 04:33 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Jerome,
What would you do, marry them?
Hold on, you say 3 months inside - something tells me that wasn't just a wild guess - er, my mistake, I take it all back, I'm sorry
Old 10 August 2000, 05:24 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Wink

Personally,

Beat the **** out of them and put them in a heap a little way down the road. If they complain to the police deny knowing anything about it, if they admit to damaging your car say you hadn't noticed anything as yet, but would want to prosecute if this was the case DPP would probably throw the case out anyway against you for assault as there would be a lack of evidence, they only seem to prosecute if they are 90%+ certain of getting a conviction - the down side of this is that it can also work against you if you bring a private prosecution against someone who has attacked your car

Cannot stand toe rags damaging anyone's car because they feel it necessary or are jealous.

Yex
Old 10 August 2000, 05:41 PM
Black Cat
Scooby Regular

Angry

This sort of thing makes me so angry... what gives some people the divine right to feel they can destroy someone else's property... but do be careful ... but I was once told by a copper when we had a regular prowler in our area...'that he doesn't feel that sorry for people who fall on boxes of air pistol pellets..'

Sorry about your car, if you were down here I could recommend Baileys in Winkfield but it's a long way to travel.. hope you get it resolved without too much hassle.

Penni
Old 10 August 2000, 05:53 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Hi, Graham (Moz.G)
Where abouts on the Wirral do you live? I used to live in Bebington until a couple of years ago(and my family still do). I'm in Bedford now though. Are there many Scooby's around up there these days?
Rich, sorry about what happened to your car. Hope you get it sorted ok. One more thing, if it's a UK car, do you have an alluminium bonnet and boot like a WRX?

Adam.

[This message has been edited by scoobysnacks (edited 11 August 2000).]
Old 10 August 2000, 08:01 PM
moz.g
Scooby Regular

scoobysnacks (Adam)
Won't tell you exactly where I live due to the amount of cars getting nicked lately (just incase the scumbags look on here to see where you live)
There is quite a few more scoobys around (about 10!!!!!) especially over the last year, I think it's because Intermoto opened a Subaru dealers in Liverpool a couple of years ago.

Graham
PS If any Wirral owners are reading this fancy a doing meet in N.Wales??
Old 11 August 2000, 12:57 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

RichS

I assume you mean the scratch is 16" long. Without knowing how deep etc, you might have a word with Mark Underwood the WOW man, who has stuff that can repair scratches, though obviously only up to a point. Might be worth a try.

Moz and Scooby/Andy

I was brought up in Claughton Village and I and some schoolmates from the Park High School used to walk up that quarry in Storeton on a Sunday for a muck around when they were still filling it during the week. The stuff people chuck out, amazing.

My sister still lives in Hr Tranmere. I live in Oldham now (via Croydon 12 years ago) but would probably be up for a North Wales do.

[This message has been edited by BarryK (edited 11 August 2000).]
Old 11 August 2000, 09:29 AM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

AndyMc,

There used to be a land fill site near by, (next to Storeton Woods) but now there are houses on or next to it. The industrial estate is just outside Bebington, in Bromborough, if you mean where the cinema etc is. I've seen a nice blue STI V Type R on the Wirral. Anyone here own that? Can anyone answer my question about the bonnets and boots on UK cars?

Adam.

Old 11 August 2000, 12:46 PM
AndyMc
Scooby Regular

Hi Moz g

I live near you,a meet in North Wales sounds good.I know North Wales like the back of my hand, I could come up with a top route.Perhaps you should start a thread in the Events section

Scoobysnacks, Higher Bebington you say.Was that near the land fill site, or the industrial estate

Old 11 August 2000, 04:44 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'm sorry about your bonnet- hope you get it fixed.
Lastnight i was very angry! I took the girlfriend out in Oxford, parked Scooby in a long row of cars on one of the main street going out of the city, on my return all the same cars were parked beside me but with 1 thing different - Some T..t had decided to put a Pint glass in the middle of my roof and leave it there. The girlfriend laughed but i was not amused.
Ian
Old 11 August 2000, 05:06 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Thanks to all for sympathy and advice.

BarryK

Yup - that was bad sentence structure on my part.
"..with a 16 inch deep key/coin scratch!" should have read "..with a deep, 16 inch key/coin scratch!" - oops!

I think I'm going to opt for a full bonnet respray. A coach works here in Edinburgh has done work in the past for the local Subaru dealer and he's been recommended by people I know in the motor trade (see my profile.)

The scratch is down to the undercoat in places and it's right across the face of the bonnet so I don't want to have a partial fix done.
Should be about £200. - BASXXXD'S !!!

Cheers for now,

Rich

Old 11 August 2000, 05:37 PM
Richard Simpson
Scooby Regular

Hi Hos,

Do watch out in Oxford. A couple of weeks back some scum decided to jump on the bonnet of every car down my road. Luckily a nice couple who live opposite were walking down the road and warned me - knowing that I have a nice car (how sweet of them)

God I wish I had a garage

Richard
Old 12 August 2000, 05:30 PM
Jim
Scooby Newbie

Rich
Sorry to hear about your car, hope you get it sorted soon.

moz.g and scoobysnacks
Used to live in little sutton and work at the vauxhall plant in e.port. Used to be loads of problems with ******* from the rossmore estate coming down and nicking bikes and cars etc from the car parks at the plant, but that seemed to ease off a while back. They used to nick them and race off down the 53 for a couple of junctions then straight off into the estates and hide them. One of our security guards even followed one of the little scumbags back once after passing the bike he recognised as being stolen. Grrr, it makes me mad to think they nearly always get away with aa slapped wrist!!!

Still, hope everything gets sorted soon,
Regards
Jim
RSOC 29080