Sponsored by:

ARGHH! - Stupid woman driver.

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2004, 07:13 PM
T2000UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ARGHH! - Stupid woman driver.

Just had some stupid woman driver reverse into my drivers side rear door & then drive away as I sat in my car!!

I followed & stopped her & she says, "Wjy am I following her & What do I want ??" WTF!!

Anyone know of a 'Dent Devils' type service in or around Sheffield ?
Old 06 December 2004, 07:18 PM
Engineer@Uni
Scooby Regular

man that sucks big time... It's alarming how inattentive and lacking in general awareness some women drivers are. I once sat parked in my car and watched a 30 -something lass turn her steering wheel too sharply into a turn, at some crawling speed like 5mph, and put a massive dent in her pug 406 rear passenger door, just in front of her rear wheel, by hitting a lamp-post! If they can't handle the cars, they shouldn't be in them... Hope you get the cost of the dent off her though.
Old 06 December 2004, 07:20 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Of course, blokes never bump into anyone while reversing. We have eyes up our *****, you see.
Old 06 December 2004, 07:21 PM
Peccant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Engineer@Uni
man that sucks big time... It's alarming how inattentive and lacking in general awareness some women drivers are. I once sat parked in my car and watched a 30 -something lass turn her steering wheel too sharply into a turn, at some crawling speed like 5mph, and put a massive dent in her pug 406 rear passenger door, just in front of her rear wheel, by hitting a lamp-post! If they can't handle the cars, they shouldn't be in them... Hope you get the cost of the dent off her though.
*tut!* we're all the same you know . Sorry to hear about your car T2000UK.
Old 06 December 2004, 07:22 PM
Engineer@Uni
Scooby Regular

Dont you mean men have eyes on women's *****? Surely my experience has been the case, but then again maybe it's just the folly of youth...
Old 06 December 2004, 07:24 PM
TEXAS PETE
Scooby Regular

What a Tw@t!!! Did she not admit it?
Old 06 December 2004, 07:33 PM
T2000UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TEXAS PETE
What a Tw@t!!! Did she not admit it?
LOL

Admit it !! - She claimed she didn't even know she had done it !!

I got her reg. , address & phone number, but up to now she's not answering the phone so I hav'nt got her insurance details yet.
Old 06 December 2004, 07:54 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Normally the words "leaving the scene of an accident" and "criminal offence" are good for getting people's attention.
Old 07 December 2004, 12:55 PM
catherines car
Scooby Regular

Default sorry can't change a battery I might break a nail.

So are you saying that being female has any affect on how you drive? Funny I drive either a Jap import WRX STi 326 BHp, or a Pro-drive UK Scooby and I've never found my **** have got in the way of my driving. Still no accidents to date, however my partner did put the Jap import under a pick up at one point do you think that's because his dick obscured his view?
Old 07 December 2004, 01:01 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by catherines car
So are you saying that being female has any affect on how you drive? Funny I drive either a Jap import WRX STi 326 BHp, or a Pro-drive UK Scooby and I've never found my **** have got in the way of my driving. Still no accidents to date, however my partner did put the Jap import under a pick up at one point do you think that's because his dick obscured his view?
I'd guess it's cos he's blind

Old 07 December 2004, 01:06 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

So are you saying that being female has any affect on how you drive?
Too fookin' right, it does.
Old 07 December 2004, 01:18 PM
George W Bush
BANNED

Wink

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
I'd guess it's cos he's blind

Catherines car, I'd need a photo to comment
Old 07 December 2004, 01:39 PM
catherines car
Scooby Regular

Default sorry no photo just a description

it's kind of silver with an air vent and wheels.
Old 07 December 2004, 01:43 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Sorry about the accident, hope its not too bad

Mods : You stamp all over threads that have racial discrimination but leave sexual discrimination alone ?
Old 07 December 2004, 01:46 PM
catherines car
Scooby Regular

Women statistically have a better safety record than men. Admittedly we drive generally with less speed, but as a woman who does enjoy driving at breakneck speed, I am still extremely safe. I have not had a point on my license or a bump caused by me (I've had 2 when men have driven into the back of me when I was stationary in a trafic jam and at trafic lights!) in over 12 years. Anyway it's you guys who are visually impaired down to late night self-indulgencies!
Old 07 December 2004, 01:48 PM
George W Bush
BANNED

Wink Sounds lovely

Great description although wud still like a pic
Old 07 December 2004, 01:50 PM
MOK79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo

Mods : You stamp all over threads that have racial discrimination but leave sexual discrimination alone ?
Thats bloody discriminating that is.

Bloody women drivers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Old 07 December 2004, 01:52 PM
STI4ME
Scooby Regular

Wasn't it more recently found that women have more claims but men tend to have more high speed claims resulting in a higher cost of repair!? I think that in general women take less interest in their cars and how they work, which results in them paying less attention and showing less understanding of what they're doing in the drivers seat.
Old 07 December 2004, 01:57 PM
ReggieMY99
Scooby Regular

my denting experiences seem to be with older folks in cars

blind and deaf because they dont really hear that they just slammed their door up into yours leaving a nice ugly dent like it was the most natural thing in the world

had this older bloke comming in and parking right next to me at the shopping center while waiting in my car

first thought,, uhoh heres comes one of them i better move my car backwards to the other boots

but then again nah ill just stay here.. 10 mins after he comes out into hes older audi and backs out denting the car behind where i intended to move my car 10 mins ago

and.... just drives of nice and steady.. even i could hear the bump from 10 meters away
Old 07 December 2004, 02:04 PM
catherines car
Scooby Regular

I think generalising is probably not very constructive. I take great care of my car, having just spent £1300 on upgrades on it. I see lots of battered and dented cars around and they are as often as not driven by men. Also I see far more women Scooby drivers than men nowadays. So maybe us girls are getting more interested in our cars. As for not knowing what to do in the drivers seat, I'll see you at Thruxton and we'll test that idea shall we?
Old 07 December 2004, 02:06 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

& iirc the stats are slighty skewed due to them being calculated on the policy holder, rather than actual driver ...& there's more male policy holders with female named drivers rather than the other way round ...cant remember where i read it tho?
Old 07 December 2004, 03:04 PM
T2000UK
Scooby Regular

WHOA !!!

Hang on there guys & gals. The title of the thread was only indicative of the sex of the driver that hit me THIS time! Last time it was a grey haired old bloke. I was NOT suggesting that women in general are worse (or better) drivers.

Anyway, the driver in questions insurance company have contacted me directly & she has admitted full liability & her insurance has agreed to fix the dent for me at their approved repair centre. Hire car included & no cost to me. = Result.
Old 07 December 2004, 03:47 PM
catherines car
Scooby Regular

Default too many bad drivers

It's not so bad being bumped when you are in the car it's when you get back to your car and find some idiot has left half their paintwork down your right wing. OK I'm a little bitter as it has just happened to me and as my insurance is high enough already I'm going to have to fork out a lump myself. Talking of morons on the road, I've just narrowly avoided colliding with a 50 year old bloke who steadfastedly insisted on driving on to a roundabout whilst looking to his left! You would have thought he'd have at least heard me coming if not seen me. Thank God for decent braking systems. Idiot didn't even turn round when I hit my horn after screeching to a hault 1m from his left side.
Old 07 December 2004, 04:13 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Now, if there's one thing worse than women drives, it's blokes aged 50+
Old 07 December 2004, 04:30 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Women statistically have a better safety record than men.
Less actual number of accidents yes, but higher rate per mile driven. Common misfact quoted by women....

As for not knowing what to do in the drivers seat, I'll see you at Thruxton and we'll test that idea shall we?
Yep, what day?
Old 07 December 2004, 04:47 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by T2000UK
Just had some stupid woman driver reverse into my drivers side rear door & then drive away as I sat in my car!!
never thought to give her a blast on the horn as a warning / wake-up call?

might have just been more of a dent in your pride rather than the door...

glad you've got some solution anyway...
Old 07 December 2004, 05:06 PM
dietbruboy
Scooby Regular

My Mrs loves the looks chavs give her when she's out and about in my black MY05 WRX.

Technically she'd say it was 'our' WRX but that just opens up a whole new argument!

She's even started overtaking folk too - but as long as she's as sensible as me, I have no worries about her driving it.

So long as she does her make-up before she goes out.
Old 07 December 2004, 05:16 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T2000UK
WHOA !!!
Anyway, the driver in questions insurance company have contacted me directly & she has admitted full liability & her insurance has agreed to fix the dent for me at their approved repair centre. Hire car included & no cost to me. = Result.
Good news then....lucky really that she accepted liability because some people can make things extremely ackward. Sometimes theses things can drag on for months even longer.

As for women drivers id have to be honest and admit that my missus can actually drive better than me.......hope shes reading this may get lucky tonight lol

Old 07 December 2004, 05:45 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReggieMY99
but then again nah ill just stay here.. 10 mins after he comes out into hes older audi and backs out denting the car behind where i intended to move my car 10 mins ago

and.... just drives of nice and steady.. even i could hear the bump from 10 meters away
Please tell my you noted down his registration number and stuck it on the windscreen of the car that he hit.
You'd want someone to do that for you if some *** hit your scoob, I imagine
Old 09 December 2004, 07:02 PM
catherines car
Scooby Regular

Talking Driving contest!

Warrenm2 how about one weekend after Xmas!

You guys are just so competitive!

And yes I always make sure my hair and make are done before driving, however it is actually MY car, my other half has his own!

Quick Reply: ARGHH! - Stupid woman driver.