Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably a stupid question but...

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2004, 04:39 PM
Peccant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Probably a stupid question but...

...If you get followed doing a bit above the legal speed limit by a police camera car do they always pull you over there and then, or do you sometimes get a nasty surprise in the post?
Old 05 December 2004, 05:06 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

There is probably nothing to worry about. If there had been, the plod would have pulled you there and then.

It is much better to receive a nip( Notice of Intention to Prosecute) than being pulled, because you have so many more options for a defence.

If you receive a nip then go to http://www.pepipoo.com

Andy
Old 05 December 2004, 09:02 PM
Peccant
Scooby Regular

Thanks Andy. I'll just have to cross my fingers every time the postie arrives for the next couple of months!
Old 05 December 2004, 09:05 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peccant
Thanks Andy. I'll just have to cross my fingers every time the postie arrives for the next couple of months!
I think you'll only have to wait 14 days.
Old 05 December 2004, 09:17 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by andy97
There is probably nothing to worry about. If there had been, the plod would have pulled you there and then.

It is much better to receive a nip( Notice of Intention to Prosecute) than being pulled, because you have so many more options for a defence.

If you receive a nip then go to http://www.pepipoo.com

Andy

don't know about that..............i got stopped recently after having a car sit on my tailup to around 90+, passing a line of traffic pitch black so could only see a set of lights staying there..............turned out was a 330plod car!!

thought the worst (was in a 60 limit) when the lights went on...........got a bollocking and he disappeared!! result there are a few nice guys around!!
Old 05 December 2004, 09:21 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Chances are if they were going to do anything they would have pulled you. The coppers I know will follow you to see how you react, if they deam you safe they won't bat an eyelid and you won't hear anything.

Coming down the A1M after work 1 day, I was in the fast lane with 80 on the clock and a car with blues at two's going came up my backside, I'd got a stream of traffic on my inside so made the choice to boot it to get out of their way. I pulled over as soon as I could and the passenger in the cop car just made the slow down gesture and said thank you, the could have feasibly nicked me on the spot, as to get out of thier way I'd reached 110.