AndyF and Roadangels

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2004, 12:04 AM
DirtyDan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AndyF and Roadangels

The two may seem completely unrelated but bear with me for a min
I made the treck all the way up to Edinburgh last weekend to go see Andy for a Power FC and remap and have to say I am well pleased.

For those of you who haven't met him before Andy is a great guy and is really helpfull (although be aware within 10 mins of meeting the guy he was suggesting a few more mods to take my car to around 340bhp - encouragement is one thing I don't need LOL).

The difference in my car is amazing. Its a MY00 UK Turbo with full Decat Afterburner exhaust and APS Cold Air kit, and even based on these limited mods the man worked wonders. All I can say is for anyone even slightly considering a new ECU / remap then get your £700 out and go and see Andy. Best 0.7 units I have spent in a long time

Now for the road angel bit. Fecking coppers managed to get me off a bridge at 87 on an empty motor way travelling home on Sunday. Letter arrived yesterday. Had some theiving little get wander into my house a week ago and nick my mobile phone and will I ever hear anything back about it? Will I **** - so I'm pleased to see that the cops are efficient at catching the real criminals in the world. I feel so much safer as I sleep at night.

Anyway all this has lead me to look at Roadangels. One of my mates for his sins owns an Evo 6 *cough* scum *cough* and has spotted a group buy on the MLR. There are currently 16ppl interested which takes the price from £399 rrp down to about £300. The more that sign up the cheaper it gets so do yourselves a favour. Sign up for a road angel for 0.3 units, and a trip to AndyF for 0.7 units. Result? A stupid grin on your face as Andy breeds new life into your car with greatly reduced chances of getting caught

Thanks again Andy - car is running wicked
Group Buy:
http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...threadid=61512
Dan
Old 26 November 2004, 11:07 AM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

You're wasting your time getting a Road Angel to detect camera vans. It will tell you when they've actually caught you speeding though

Andy is exactly as you say
Old 26 November 2004, 11:17 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

my views on Andy.F's magic working are well documented, unbelievable how my car is so much quicker and yet is now running better than on OEM map

as for road angel, good for GPS but thats about it, the detection thing would have to be seriously in your favour (ie scatter from a car being zapped in front/to the side)
you may need to look at automating your garage door entry
Old 26 November 2004, 12:11 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
Andy breeds new life into your car with greatly reduced chances of getting caught
I know its grim up north but thats going a bit far isnt it?
Old 26 November 2004, 12:15 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Origin B2 with LRC400 jammer, and some sort of bel radar detecter, and eyes in the back or your head is probably the best route
Old 26 November 2004, 01:33 PM
Daves99
Scooby Regular

Dan,

Where was it they got you I got done on the M74 two junctions short of the M6 by those Bas***ds of the Dumfries and Galloway Police force. 05:47 Sunday morning nothing for miles including cars got me for 90 in a 70 3points £60.00.

Smallest force in mainland UK but the Sh*theads have four bloody vans that cost them 85K a unit, and all they do is sit on the overpass on both carrigeways all effin day great use of tax payers money that is.

Sorry I am a newbie here, should try and be a bit less opinionated but it did pee me right off.

Rant over sorry to here you got done, I was also looking into roadangels but not sure this is the best one from the comments I have read.

Daves99
Old 26 November 2004, 02:43 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

great for fixed sites, dont get all down hearted, just not good for scammer vans or hand held checks.
also not that good for real life patrol cars, but the govt. seem to be trying their hardest to stop policeman doing their jobs
Old 26 November 2004, 02:59 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

Originally Posted by Peanuts
but the govt. seem to be trying their hardest to stop policeman doing their jobs
Peanuts, what do you mean by that? Sounds interesting

J
Old 26 November 2004, 03:25 PM
DirtyDan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Daves99
Dan,

Where was it they got you I got done on the M74 two junctions short of the M6 by those Bas***ds of the Dumfries and Galloway Police force. 05:47 Sunday morning nothing for miles including cars got me for 90 in a 70 3points £60.00.

Smallest force in mainland UK but the Sh*theads have four bloody vans that cost them 85K a unit, and all they do is sit on the overpass on both carrigeways all effin day great use of tax payers money that is.

Sorry I am a newbie here, should try and be a bit less opinionated but it did pee me right off.

Rant over sorry to here you got done, I was also looking into roadangels but not sure this is the best one from the comments I have read.

Daves99
Strangely enough same people same road. Perhaps they are really just using the cameras whilst looking for terrorists or something - you know, to give them something to do in the long hard wait

I reckon I may also have to get a garage door opener for my non existant garage lol

I've been signed up to the forum for a bit but never yet felt the need to post - Andy impressed me sufficiently to make me want to recognise his efforts. Only downer (other than those robbing sh*tes) of the weekend was that his front diff was still fooked in that bloody monster of his
Old 26 November 2004, 03:33 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Jay,
every policeman I know (not a lot but a few choice friends) wants to be out catching real criminals but with the potential cash haul from cameras......
Old 26 November 2004, 03:36 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
Jay,
every policeman I know (not a lot but a few choice friends) wants to be out catching real criminals but with the potential cash haul from cameras......
Arr.. I see... I got the wrong end of the stick... LOL

Cheers

J
Old 26 November 2004, 04:00 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

your end smells of pooh
Old 26 November 2004, 04:04 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular