Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impreza models

well i have a my01 wrx
very proud of it,

but the launch of the new lancer 400 made me twitch
i never thought of changing cars for the next 5 years
however (even though its not affordable) i really like the evo

but why/what have subaru got?
the same 2 models wrx/sti facelift and maybe but an extra 5 bhp but at the same time put an extra few kgs

they have a wr1 and a spec c (don't know nowt about them)

i heard are VERY ltd models

BUT am i current these 2 models are to celebrate a rally win?
if so does that mean the next *great* impreza we have to wait for another rally win?
Old 24 November 2004, 04:02 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Evo MR400 is a wonderful engineering exercise. To create such awsome power from a 2 litre engine and be so confident of it's reliability to warranty it for 3 years is superb. On the downside, it's way too expensive, pushing way beyond the boundaries for this type of vehicle. At almost £50k there are many many more cars to consider before opting for the ugly four door japanese family saloon with the silly wing and Halfords-esque body mods. Also, the general consensus of the journalists whom have reviewed the car is that although it is astoundingly quick, it is thought that the MR340 would prove the better car for use on UK roads for fast driving.

As for the Scoobs, the official UK range has always been lacking, except for the odd special. The Spec C is not an official UK car either, leaving the WR1 as the only UK "great" Impreza of the current model. If you go unofficial then we can really talk better cars. Just the basic spec of JDM STi's is above the WR1, but then you can have the Spec C, with its stripped down light weight and racing suspension and geometry. The ultimate Scooby available in the UK has to be Iain Litchfields Type 25. A full £11k cheaper than the MR400, and so much better. It beats the Evo 340 in next months eCOTY, and as they also believe the 340 better than the 400, it's easy to see it will be better than that too.

The WR1, along with many other "specials", are usually to celebrate something and/or boost sales. McCrae, Catalunya, Terzo & RB5 were all for WRC celebrations, whereas the P1 was an attempt to win back customers from the JDM import market. Should be plenty of specials coming along in the future, with all the competition disappearing from WRC soon

Last edited by corradoboy; 24 November 2004 at 04:04 AM.