Sponsored by:

MY04 STI Type UK at £22k new

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2004, 12:10 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY04 STI Type UK at £22k new

If anyone is interested Cheam Motors have knocked £2.5k off a brand new MY04 STI. They are now going for £22.5k. Yet again IM are doing what they can to improve the resale value of their cars
Old 19 November 2004, 07:17 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
If anyone is interested Cheam Motors have knocked £2.5k off a brand new MY04 STI. They are now going for £22.5k. Yet again IM are doing what they can to improve the resale value of their cars

Yep absolutely right, trying to sell my low mileage 03 STi with PPP and just cant believe the depreciation ..... its huge wouldnt buy another Subaru because of that! Cant afford to keep losing 10 grand in a year. I know it reduces as the years clock up but its still massive (Skoda, Proton any one?)
Old 19 November 2004, 09:06 AM
Smatt
Scooby Regular

I got caught out with the bugeye's. They reduced the price's 2 month's after I bought. Now they have done it again. I have a 6 month old 04 STI which has & is taking a beating on value. I don't think I will be changing again to quickly. I will definately have my 3 years out of it. Next one might be an Evo. I think IM are getting a bit above there league at the mo. They seem to be under the impression they are untouchable. You can now get an Evo 260 with 3 years warranty & servicing for £23k. You then don't have to worry about 4500mile services. On top of that you will get a better resale. At the moment you can push the dealers and you can get one for £21k - £22k. This is fact as my missus has been looking.
Old 19 November 2004, 10:16 AM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Smatt
You can now get an Evo 260 with 3 years warranty & servicing for £23k. You then don't have to worry about 4500mile services. On top of that you will get a better resale. At the moment you can push the dealers and you can get one for £21k - £22k. This is fact as my missus has been looking.
I no somebody who got the Evo 260 for £20.500 + 3 yrs free servicing & the big evo spoiler in aswell.... & all evo 260's are pushing out over 280BHP!!!!!! Bargin me thinks.....
Old 19 November 2004, 10:27 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Why didn't they have em at that price when i was changing my car... grrr
Old 19 November 2004, 11:22 AM
Bodgery
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
Yep absolutely right, trying to sell my low mileage 03 STi with PPP and just cant believe the depreciation ..... its huge wouldnt buy another Subaru because of that! Cant afford to keep losing 10 grand in a year. I know it reduces as the years clock up but its still massive (Skoda, Proton any one?)
FFS, why on earth expect anything other than huge depreciation if selling a new car after 1 year!!??? It's the same on any car.

Assume you paid 27K. Say trade value after 1 year is 17K. 10K per year lost. If you kept it three years, it would probably be worth 10K, or 5.7K lost per year.

Why have a **** and moan about losing money on a new car!!?? It happens to everyone. If you don't like it, buy second hand and let someone else take the big hit.

Moan over.
Old 19 November 2004, 12:00 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

From another thread:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4656
yeah ur right, they do give an atw figure, there are so many arguments about who to calculate the transmission losses some rrs do give atf figures but its arguable how they work it out, using %'s and so on

with the 260 though, its not manfucaturers or sales people claiming 280 its most people who have bought them i was lead to beleive. Standard gsr evo engine is 280bhp anyway so it makes sense, cant see them detuning it.

My mates made 261, he was expecting a bit more

It may seam not all Evo 260 are making 280bhp
Old 19 November 2004, 03:24 PM
zappa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Smatt
I got caught out with the bugeye's. They reduced the price's 2 month's after I bought. Now they have done it again. I have a 6 month old 04 STI which has & is taking a beating on value. I don't think I will be changing again to quickly. I will definately have my 3 years out of it. Next one might be an Evo. I think IM are getting a bit above there league at the mo. They seem to be under the impression they are untouchable. You can now get an Evo 260 with 3 years warranty & servicing for £23k. You then don't have to worry about 4500mile services. On top of that you will get a better resale. At the moment you can push the dealers and you can get one for £21k - £22k. This is fact as my missus has been looking.
I got caught with the bugeye WRX exactly the same way and the dealer told me nothing about the impending price reduction c**t! When I bought my 05 STI they tried to flog me a 04 on the basis the dealer had a 16% margin to work in while the 05 only had 6% margin. I was lucky enough to be "offered" a WR1 but before I put pen to paper the press release came out about the STI ungrade (dccd etc.) so I didn't bother with the bigger financing cost in the end.

Although I was well f**cked off with bugeye (even tried to get some money back!) pricing the fact remains that cars are not an investment. As soon as you buy you lose. Subaru are a niche manufacturer and will always bring out special editions etc. because they know their market. We are a special breed and like uniqueness (albeit for about 6 months) modifications improvements etc. and value the car for what it does way above what it might be worth in 3 years.

Any body who thinks they won't bring out new version in the next 12 months or so just to keep existing scoob drivers happy is a bigger mug than Tony Blair
Old 19 November 2004, 03:51 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

EVO dealers have just knocked another £1k of the 260's. This means they aren't selling, which means residuals will be even worse.

F
Old 19 November 2004, 08:55 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Yes to think we paid £21500 for Wagon in 99. Days of no deals though we did jump the queue.