Sponsored by:

mpg with ppp on an MY01 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 04:57 PM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mpg with ppp on an MY01 WRX

decided to keep the car and just had the ppp fitted and enjoying every second of it; except the fuel consumption!!

obviously i am currently using my right foot to experience the full increase in performance but once i and the car settle down what mpg can i expect?

do these new ECUs learn your driving habits and style and map accordingly?

thanks in anticipation.
Old 17 November 2004, 05:07 PM
STI4ME
Scooby Regular

I'm getting 18-20 mpg on my daily commute, and 30-35 on the motorway.

Not great but, well, it's a Scooby so that's gotta add 10 mpg accross the range!
Old 17 November 2004, 05:46 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Trubwrx.....

Has the PPP really made that much difference to the car? I've got a MY02 WRX at the moment and am trying to decide whether to get it PPP'd or just say duck it and go for an STi????

Cheers

Andy
Old 18 November 2004, 08:25 AM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4molie
Trubwrx.....

Has the PPP really made that much difference to the car? I've got a MY02 WRX at the moment and am trying to decide whether to get it PPP'd or just say duck it and go for an STi????

Cheers

Andy
Andy,

i had to decide whether to keep my car, that i have had from new, and put the ppp, big brake kit and springs on it or part exchange it for something newer or even new.

my car has only done 21k miles and has the morettes and gold OZ wheels and newish tyres; so it looks as i like a WRX to look.

i do not like the look of the new STI (the wing and the larger air scoop) and got offered such low money in part exchange i thought this is silly as all i would be doing is handing over a perfect car and spending a lot of money on something that was going to lose £4k, as soon as i drove it out of the showroom.

so i have had the above work done and extended the warranty for a further two years.

the advantage you and i have now is that the ECU, for the ppp, that we can have fitted today is far better than that available when we bought our cars.

the performance is amazing in comparison with the basic WRX and, in my opinion for every day driving, superior to the new STI s i have driven.

hope this helps you decide.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:20 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that Trub

I'm in a similar position in that I've had my MY02 WRX from new it's got a lot of extras on it and has only done 16.5k miles. I got offered 12.7k against a new STi which kind of make me think that's a **** load of money to lose in just under 2 years

S'pose I'll have to see if I can get a drive in a PPP'd WRX......

Andy