Sponsored by:

67500 service on a classic

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2004, 03:49 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67500 service on a classic

Just rang Subaru and been quoted £104.75 inc VAT for a service, she answered the fone, I said I had a subaru impreza thats due a service, she asked the mileage and gave me a price, no questions as to what year or model I had so I had to ask is this service the same for every model of impreza, the answer I got worried me slightly. it was a its only a lube check etc prices only vary for the different models when your service includes stuff like oil filter blah blah so now Im worried (I know should have asked on the fone really but was a little confused) Im not really gonna even get a oil change, WTF. can any1 put me straight on this before I have to sound like a fool ringing back to ask again exactly what this service entails?

thanks guys

Dave
Old 09 November 2004, 03:58 PM
AvalancheS8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Just rang Subaru and been quoted £104.75 inc VAT for a service, she answered the fone, I said I had a subaru impreza thats due a service, she asked the mileage and gave me a price, no questions as to what year or model I had so I had to ask is this service the same for every model of impreza, the answer I got worried me slightly. it was a its only a lube check etc prices only vary for the different models when your service includes stuff like oil filter blah blah so now Im worried (I know should have asked on the fone really but was a little confused) Im not really gonna even get a oil change, WTF. can any1 put me straight on this before I have to sound like a fool ringing back to ask again exactly what this service entails?

thanks guys

Dave
Person you spoke to didn't know what they were on about. All Subaru services include an oil change. They won't do much more than that at 67.5k, but you will certainly get the oil changed. One reason they may not have had to ask how old the car was is that the newer cars have different intervals and wouldn't get a service at that milage.
Old 09 November 2004, 03:59 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

yeah but I would have expected a new oil filter with the new oil, no? dont think Ive ever done an oil change without changing the filter on past cars and I dont think Id ever want too considering they can hold up to a litre of your old oil which wouldnt be getting flushed out...
Old 09 November 2004, 04:25 PM
RB5DOCC
Scooby Regular

My RB5 is in tomorrow so will let you know exactly what it has done. I was quoted £130 by the way.
Old 09 November 2004, 04:32 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

that'd be great thanks presume its for the 67500 service too?
Old 09 November 2004, 04:36 PM
AvalancheS8
Scooby Regular

yeah but I would have expected a new oil filter with the new oil, no? dont think Ive ever done an oil change without changing the filter on past cars and I dont think Id ever want too considering they can hold up to a litre of your old oil which wouldnt be getting flushed out...
Oh! yes, yes, I assumed that was implicit in my saying they changed the oil. The service will be Oil and filter (new drain plug washer too) and other than that basically just a check over of fluid levels and so on.
Old 10 November 2004, 02:48 PM
RB5DOCC
Scooby Regular

Just had mine done. Changed oil, oil filter, drain plug gasket. greased a few bits and adjusted the handbreak, £117.

Hope this helps

Trending Topics

Old 10 November 2004, 03:08 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

cheers matey, bit of help I suppose yes. in essence then I should be getting the same but price differs tell me not
Old 10 November 2004, 05:10 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

cheers matey, bit of help I suppose yes. in essence then I should be getting the same but price differs tell me not
Out of interest Dave try ringing up Chandlers in Lincoln, explain the milleage etc etc and ask whats involved.

Also it will be interesting to see if there price defers from out local dealership.

Ash
Old 10 November 2004, 05:42 PM
Oranoco
Scooby Regular

What would a service of this type entail exactly as you don't get much these days for £100 odd?
Old 10 November 2004, 08:25 PM
RB5DOCC
Scooby Regular

Well according to my service book the 7500 mile service includes:

Replace - Oil and Oil filter

Inspect & adjust - Drive belts, Cooling system and connectors, Brake Fliud, Pads and Disks, Brake lines and Hand Brake, Lights, Wipers and washers and tyre condition and pressure.
Old 10 November 2004, 08:31 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paid £98 for my 67.5k
Old 10 November 2004, 10:34 PM
WRX STI Type RA.
Scooby Regular

thanks guys

Dave

I have just got "SOME" parts for a friends 60,000ml service,He has already changed-Spark plugs,Cambelt,And air filter.....
I get my parts at nearly cost price....And the Engine Oil,Oil filter,Gearbox oil,Diff oil,Eta..."ALL" good quality stuff,And it cost me almost £100.00 for the parts alone.....
To do a quality 60,000 ml Proper service at a garage...I would have thought you would be looking at around £380.00...
Dont forget ..Its the big one guys.....And needs to be done properly..Unless of course,You have had the 60,000 mls service done at 60,000 miles and are just requiring the oil/filter change...Just a thought.....Kev.
SORRY GUYS...Yes..Just noticed....Its the oil & filter change ..After the 60k service....(Not with it tonight).
I must read All the post..
I must read all the post..
I must read all the post...

Last edited by WRX STI Type RA.; 10 November 2004 at 10:42 PM. Reason: add more
Old 10 November 2004, 11:15 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Ash, thats not a bad idea. will ring them tomorrow and ask also getting a curtosy car for the morning off them, will it be a cr@ppy GL or will I get a nice shiney WR1...lmfao. well I can hope cant I