Sponsored by:

New 2nite HELP on ICE, SECURITY, FACTS

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2004, 08:12 PM
scooby.reed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New 2nite HELP on ICE, SECURITY, FACTS

Evenin all. Just new to this and wonderd if u clever lot can help with any of the following.
  • what the real BHP is on a jap STi (just bought a new age one thats allegedly de-restricted) and the top speed
  • a recommended cat back stainless system for that lovely flat 4 burble
  • will the rear shelf on the bug-eye take 6x9 without cutting shelf
  • has anyone got an Alpine SATNAV head uit and r they difficult to fit given the twin space hole when th old unit comes out
  • what is the other button on the clock pods do (ones a trip reset) the other is set nto the rev counter
  • ARE THERE ANY SERIOUS (OR OTHERWISE) THINGS THAT I MAY NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR ON A JAP STi COMPARED TO A UK?
THANKS A LOT EVERYONE
Old 06 November 2004, 09:17 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by scooby.reed
what the real BHP is on a jap STi (just bought a new age one thats allegedly de-restricted) and the top speed
I think it is 276 Bhp but with a cat Back and STi filter looking closer to 300 but these are tune with 100ron Fuel so a minumun of Optimax and use Booster if driving it hard

IMHO you would get safer performance if you were to spend £650 ish on Ecutec remap(98ron) when doing the exhaust if you don't remap it defno get Knocklink. SEE HERE REMAP or simular places

I Jdm's are 115mph and 160 ish after IIRC but uncertain

• has anyone got an Alpine SATNAV head uit and r they difficult to fit given the twin space hole when th old unit comes out
  • what is the other button on the clock pods do (ones a trip reset) the other is set nto the rev counter
The satnav is single Din, remove double and put a £10 spacer/cdtray from Subaru or fit a PSi3.

The other **** adjusts the sets RPM shift light buzzer and light. you can have either both or none at any RPM.

• ARE THERE ANY SERIOUS (OR OTHERWISE) THINGS THAT I MAY NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR ON A JAP STi COMPARED TO A UK?
Lower gearing but will mean you'll be reving higher along the motorway. The UK's 6th is more of a 'Overdrive'

NO UK Warranty

IMHO AFAIRC IIRC etc
Enjoy

Tony

Last edited by T5NYW; 06 November 2004 at 11:23 PM.