just killed my scoob

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2004, 02:43 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy just killed my scoob

hi all.
its a sad sad day,i have just writen off my scoob.
i was coming along the barry rd in dundee,overtook a car at 30-35mph,the back end stepped out,before i new it i smashed a jag and head on into a honda then into a tree.
luckily everyone survived.two people are in hospital with broken bones but hopefully they will be ok.
i thought scoobs were meant to have great grip,it didnt grip this time.
Old 06 November 2004, 02:47 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Bad news but at least you're well anough to come on here and share it with us!!!
Old 06 November 2004, 02:48 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Oh dear.

It's that slippery road time of year again

Let's hope everyone recovers quickly.
Old 06 November 2004, 02:50 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Bad luck chap!

Only just caught the bike this morn as the back tried to overtake the front....:|
Old 06 November 2004, 02:54 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

thanks guys.yes i think it was a bit slipy,all happened so quickly.
it wasnt nice watching the ladies getting cut from the honda.that brought a tear to my eye,felt so guilty even thougfh it was an accident.
Old 06 November 2004, 03:08 PM
Craig W
Scooby Regular

Sad news mate, hope the other injured parties involved recovery and get well soon. I know you must be feeling guilty, we all would, but don't beat yourself up too much over it - accidents happen.
Old 06 November 2004, 05:26 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

Very soorry to hear the news mate. I've just got my first scoob and can't stop driving it. I'll be taking it a bit easy from now on. I hope you and everyone involved make a full and speady recovery.

Ben
Old 06 November 2004, 05:31 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

oh dear. Atleast your alright though mate and there were no fatalities.
Old 06 November 2004, 05:34 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Was there derv on the road?
Old 06 November 2004, 06:19 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I'm glad everyone is ok. Shame to hear about accidents.

I pulled out of a turning the other day, almost straight, applied power and had a little tank slapper. Greasy road and slippery white lines.
Old 06 November 2004, 06:34 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The type R used to give me a few 'moments'... happens so quickly I'm sure you did your best mate.

I'm hoping my Wagon will provide less 'rear-end-malarky'...

Hope everything goes ok
Old 06 November 2004, 06:45 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

thanks for the repies guys.
i dont think ill put pics up.it isnt a pretty sight.
every panel is caved in, all the front is smashed,wheels broken into bits,spoiler,lights all hanging off.the inside isnt much better.
the jag i hit was damaged at the back.the honda i hit head on,the occupants had to be cut free.
Old 06 November 2004, 06:54 PM
little'un
Scooby Regular

It grips but when it lets go, it lets go...

**** happens - my other half only put mine into a hedge but it caused shedloads of damage.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and glad that you get another chance...

little'un
Old 06 November 2004, 06:55 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

accidents happen.
Old 06 November 2004, 06:57 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DarkStar66
That's in bad taste isn't it? Perhaps you should go back to watching 'When overtaking goes wrong' on Bravo or something!
You got it wrong m8, words you were looking for are "Julian you're a Tw@t"

Bad luck redeye - hope you get it all sorted.
Old 06 November 2004, 07:10 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

cheers.hopefully the insurance will pay out so i can get another scoob.
Old 06 November 2004, 07:24 PM
Carl2
Scooby Regular

lots of leaves being crushed into the road as well this time of year makes it abit greasy in places
Old 06 November 2004, 07:25 PM
Greeny01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by julian N/W wrx my93
**Quote removed**
Bang out of order.

Was involved in a head on a couple of years back. No-one was seriously hurt, that was the main thing. Felt gulity as f*ck too. Dont let it get to you, it could've been a lot worse. Accidents do happen.

Hope everyone involved gets better soon.

iain

Last edited by Redkop; 07 November 2004 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07 November 2004, 05:16 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

just a thought here.
COULD i face a ban for this?
Old 07 November 2004, 05:57 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

just a thought here.
You might get done for dangerous driving, one of my mates went into the back of someone, and even though it wasnt serious or anything he got 6 points and a fine for wreakless driving!
Old 07 November 2004, 06:11 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Originally Posted by redeye
just a thought here.
It depends if you was driving recklessly or not i suppose ?

I have been reading some of your other posts and some of them worry me slightly ! The fact you wanted a cam corder suction mount, and have added many goody's to your scoob to make it faster makes me wonder if indeed you was driving at 30-35 mph ! Nobody wants to be involved in an accident and if you say thats how it was feel for ya and the loss of the scoob !

Flame suit on !

Last edited by simpsons !; 07 November 2004 at 06:17 PM. Reason: forgot to sympathise with his loss !
Old 07 November 2004, 06:46 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

i know what your saying but just because i have these things doesnt mean i drive around recklessly or at a constant high speed.
i had my wee lass in the car so i was definatly not pushing it.lets hope the police investagators see whats really happened.and not think that "oh it was a scooby it Must have been going fast."
Old 07 November 2004, 06:55 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

i know what your saying but just because i have these things doesnt mean i drive around recklessly or at a constant high speed.
i had my wee lass in the car so i was definatly not pushing it.lets hope the police investagators see whats really happened.and not think that "oh it was a scooby it Must have been going fast."
Ok mate belive ya with a kiddy in the car nobody should be gunning it ! I would'nt worry about the police investators all they will do is determine the facts ! It is a s****y time on the roads though, Had a puma before the scoob and you could feel it giving way on the roads, Not so in the Scoob so far though which makes me drive with more caution as i don't know where the limit is !

Hope everything turns out alright for ya and you get another scoob soon !
Old 07 November 2004, 06:56 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

just a thought here.
Don't worry mate! I doubt you'll get a ban, at worst they'll do you for careless driving! 3-6 points plus a fine!! Did the accident investigation team turn up? were you breathalysed? were other drivers? were there any independant witnesses? are all your docs car, tyres, etc in order? Thing is at the end of the day no one died! I've cut hundreds of people out of cars mate, and it looks a lot worse for them than it is believe me! A lot of the time we do it just to aid removal not because they're trapped. And most of all mate TRY NOT TO WORRY!!!!
dave
Old 07 November 2004, 07:07 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

thanks guys.
i would accept the points,fairs fair i lost control,im not blaming anyone else,it was my fault.i just dont wanna lose my liscence over a stupid accident.
i was breathalysed when i sat in the police car,i dont know about the jag driver,although i have deard today he does drink and drive and was in the pub after the accident(i cant blame him for that).the accident investigators were at the scene today,im not sure if they were there yesterday there was so many people.there would have been a few witnessess.
the jag diver has said i was doing about 60.which is total bollocks.he just wants a new car and a claim.his car was falling to bits before i got near it.
Old 07 November 2004, 07:17 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

The time to start worrying is when you get your NIP!! But you'd be surprised what the inv/team can work out mate. Thing is unless they can prove beyond reasonable doubt you were driving dangerously!!! they'll have to settle for a lesser offence. Get yourself a good solicitor straight away and start the ball rolling!!
dave
Old 07 November 2004, 10:56 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Bad luck m8 and like everyone has said accidents happen, good luck with the old bill tho, hope everthing works out ok!
Old 08 November 2004, 12:01 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a nasty one! Funny someone mentioned fuel on the road. I never really thought of that as being much of a problem until I was gunning it in a straight line in the scooby under full boost at 80mph in 4th gear when she hit a patch of the stuff and lit up ALL 4 WHEELS!!!!! I absolutely bricked myself!!! Called the police to report the problem. If it had been a corner I'd have left the road no questions as would pretty much any other vehicle
Old 08 November 2004, 01:12 AM
Musicman
Scooby Newbie

thanks guys.
i would accept the points,fairs fair i lost control,im not blaming anyone else,it was my fault.i just dont wanna lose my liscence over a stupid accident.
i was breathalysed when i sat in the police car,i dont know about the jag driver,although i have deard today he does drink and drive and was in the pub after the accident(i cant blame him for that).the accident investigators were at the scene today,im not sure if they were there yesterday there was so many people.there would have been a few witnessess.
the jag diver has said i was doing about 60.which is total bollocks.he just wants a new car and a claim.his car was falling to bits before i got near it.
I wouldn't worry about the cops unless your car was a bit dodge. I had a major one with 2 bikers who were overtaking me at 85 in a 30 on my outside. I was turning right and didn't see them - but I couldn't have, that's around 37 metres per second. One connected with my old style Audi coupe - very sadly and most regrettably, didn't live to tell the tale. Imagine the amount of guilt I live with every day. Even though I know its not my fault, I think about it a lot.

All I can say is metaphorically speaking, "My pants did not remain clean" during the investigation as I was on the way to an MOT retest when it happened. Thankfully, I'd sorted the car out so it was A1 before the MOT and it was declared totally not my fault. Also, my best friend was killed in a car crash involving a Jag (it always seems to be b****** jag drivers) so I have a bit of experience in this. It seems that unless you are driving like a complete **** or your car was unroadworthy before an accident, you should be OK. The boys in blue are generally reasonable people doing their job, you don;t get points for loosing control - after all that's how accidents happen. You get point for driving like a complete <rhymes with trucking tanker>. So as long as you weren't you should be OK.

No offence intended to sensible Jag drivers.
Old 08 November 2004, 09:23 AM
GaryScoobNCBR
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about the accident just a quick question, are your mods declared to the insurance peeps?

Quick Reply: just killed my scoob