Sponsored by:

Advice of feul for MY05 STi

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2004, 07:59 AM
Shaft
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice of fuel for MY05 STi

Having now liberated my new car (1000 miles) I can settle in and get to know her. I enquired about fuel at the dealers doing the oil change, and got a contradiction by way of response. The filler cap states use 98 Ron, though different people in the dealership have satated using ordinary unleaded and Optimax respectively.
Given that it is new, are there any views ? clearly I do not want to damage the engine in the long term ?
Not sure where ellse to go for advice ?
Cheers

Shaft.

Last edited by Shaft; 03 November 2004 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03 November 2004, 08:28 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Smile

Depends on what you want, if you use 95 the ecu will retard the ignition and you will get a loss in performance, you may also find that if you are driving the car hard there may be a small amount of det.

Safer option will be to use Optimax, that way you will get the best performance and the engine will be in a better state due to the cleaning properties of Optimax etc.

Marc
Old 03 November 2004, 08:52 AM
LoneGranger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boyakasha
Depends on what you want, if you use 95 the ecu will retard the ignition and you will get a loss in performance, you may also find that if you are driving the car hard there may be a small amount of det.

Safer option will be to use Optimax, that way you will get the best performance and the engine will be in a better state due to the cleaning properties of Optimax etc.

Marc
Optimax - cant beat it + support it so we dont loose it - much more responsive in any performance car
Old 03 November 2004, 09:03 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Smile

Do not use 95 RON, quite simply your car isn't designed for it! Either use Optimax (98 octane and the best in this country) or super unleaded 97 octane.
Originally Posted by LoneGranger
Optimax - cant beat it + support it so we dont loose it - much more responsive in any performance car