Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subarus new Stx

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2000, 03:42 AM
jeff
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru Is currently working on a new Suv/car/truck Hybrid.Im not sure if its called the Stx in the UK, but thats what they are calling it here. Its much like the Brat in style. The last one was made here in the U.S. 13 years ago!. I have always wondered if subaru would Make a new model that kicked some serious backside. It appears they have one "possibly" coming as 2002 model. Its presently in Beta testing, and looks great. I Am hoping they will design the Car with a Little more Truck hauling capability. Id love To haul a couple Yamaha Yz 250's and riding gear in one. And This little jewel has a 220 Hp Supercharged engine! It certainly can handle a 1000 Lb payload if subaru decided to do so.
I guess the word is out to generate a "stir" to convince subaru that this car will sell. I think it will. If you havent seen the Car, Its at
Old 04 August 2000, 09:43 AM
JohnS

Jeff,

I don't think Subaru would ever release a vehicle like this in the UK, as there simply isn't a market for it!

The number of vehicles of this type sold each year in the UK amounts to a few hundred at most.

The vast majority of pick-up truck type vehicles tend to be used by tradesmen (e.g. builders), and I can't recall ever seing more than a handful which didn't have advertising logos all over it.

Could be wrong though, and this may well be the next type of new vehicle to replace the craze for bigger and bigger jeep type vehicles, or people carriers....
Old 04 August 2000, 11:11 AM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Smile

John,

I believe that these type of twin cab pick up trucks are beginning to become a bit more popular. I did a search on Autobytel and it came back with 8 different models like the Subaru Calcon Prototype.... from Ford, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Vauxhall and Toyota to name a few....

If you are not worried about going that quickly, they are probably quite useful bits of kit.... I say bring it over....you never know....

Jim