Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bought a wing mirror lately?

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2004, 05:22 PM
Mat Mc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone bought a wing mirror lately?

As I have got money to burn these days i thought I would reverse out of my garage and smash my passenger side wing mirror against the wall. Luckily my wife was watching as well so I will never be able to make a comment about any marks appearing on the car again.

Now it's only the plastic outer casing that is broken. Does the wingmirror come as a complete unit or can I just order the outer casing and transplant the internals. It's WR Blue.

Any ideas on price?
Old 24 October 2004, 07:37 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mat Mc
As I have got money to burn these days i thought I would reverse out of my garage and smash my passenger side wing mirror against the wall. Luckily my wife was watching as well so I will never be able to make a comment about any marks appearing on the car again.

Now it's only the plastic outer casing that is broken. Does the wingmirror come as a complete unit or can I just order the outer casing and transplant the internals. It's WR Blue.

Any ideas on price?
From Tier one to oem..

peanuts...

from oem to customer

megabucks.....

mart
Old 24 October 2004, 10:27 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Does the wingmirror come as a complete unit or can I just order the outer casing and transplant the internals. It's WR Blue.

Any ideas on price?
Thanks to one of Eddie Stobarts drivers using my mirror as an ****-brake when jumping out of his truck, I had to get a new one for my Bugeye. The mirror comes complete and painted. Can't remember exactly how much it was but it wasn't cheap.........
Old 24 October 2004, 11:39 PM
Mat Mc
Scooby Regular

Question

£100, £150, £200?
Old 25 October 2004, 11:51 AM
Nak
Scooby Regular

It only comes as a complete unit and ready painted. Bought 1 about a month ago for MY03 £169.06 thats with 10% discount.
Old 25 October 2004, 12:34 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any ideas on price?
My drivers mirror got broken, and my dealer gave me another mirror which had broken internals and said good luck!

So off I went to transplant my good internals into the good casing - bloody hell, it must have taken me 2 hours.

Anyway, the dealer gave me a price of £150 for a new mirror.

When you start taking these things apart, you can't help but think that there must be an easier way to make components sometimes.

Save yourself hassle and buy a second hand one, or if you're feeling flush, a new unit from your dealer.

Shaun
Old 25 October 2004, 12:35 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Any ideas on price?
Scooby breakers...

There's a thread somewhere with names, addresses, URLs etc.
Old 25 October 2004, 12:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Happy to help
Old 25 October 2004, 12:46 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
My drivers mirror got broken, and my dealer gave me another mirror which had broken internals and said good luck!

So off I went to transplant my good internals into the good casing - bloody hell, it must have taken me 2 hours.

Anyway, the dealer gave me a price of £150 for a new mirror.

When you start taking these things apart, you can't help but think that there must be an easier way to make components sometimes.

Save yourself hassle and buy a second hand one, or if you're feeling flush, a new unit from your dealer.

Shaun
Urban,

the reason the mirrors are constructed in a certain way is due to certain factors in place at the design stage.

the oem wants the mirror at the cheapest price, but conforming to his visual and quality standards. the tier one supplier aims to give this, but is also bound by any applicable legislation..

the reason they are difficult to dissasemble, is precisley for that reason.
its to meet is design intent.

I can dissasemble most of the european oem mirrors, but thats because i am trianed to do so..

another factor to consider, should you have an accident, and the rebuilt mirror causes an injury, it would be examined, and on occasion we have examined parts for this reason.. we can tell when a mirror has been apart and rebuilt. if proven that the mirror has been modded ...

Mart
Old 25 October 2004, 12:51 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

And they have to make 'em in such a way that the same internals can be used on everything from an Aston DB9 to a Peroudia Wheeliebin. Same £8 part, different box