HIT AND RUN

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2004, 09:55 AM
laser ed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HIT AND RUN

HELP,

my RB5 was in my works car park and someone has tried to take the wing and bumper of with there car, wing all dented, bumper scuffed to bits, headlight broken + sidelight, there are no signs up saying that you park at on risk, manager saying that they cant do a thing and i will have to pay to fix it my self, where do i stand, any info welcome before i go into the M/D and let rip
Old 23 October 2004, 09:59 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Ring your insurance company, If you have legal protection they will be able to advise you, hope you get it sorted, forgot to add does your office car park havee CCTV??
Cheers
Colin

Last edited by Scoob99; 23 October 2004 at 10:01 AM.
Old 23 October 2004, 10:30 AM
laser ed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Ring your insurance company, If you have legal protection they will be able to advise you, hope you get it sorted, forgot to add does your office car park havee CCTV??
Cheers
Colin
yes i do have legal protection, there is cctv but it points at the gate, dont want to tell insurance just yet as i am waiting to see the M,D of the company, i just sent him some picks of the damage.
Old 23 October 2004, 12:21 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Get the cctv footage straight away as they often overwrite it with new stuff. You may well be able to find the person who did it.
Old 23 October 2004, 04:50 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
Get the cctv footage straight away as they often overwrite it with new stuff. You may well be able to find the person who did it.
Good point.
If you are very lucky, you might get an image of a car leaving the car park with impact damage from your car. Its a long shot, but worth trying.
Old 23 October 2004, 06:29 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

I don't know how the law is these days, but I thought that even with those daft signs up, there is still some protection against theft from etc - due care and attention is still required by the car park owner.

I don't know if it applies to other people damaging your car though
Old 23 October 2004, 10:39 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by laser ed
HELP,

my RB5 was in my works car park and someone has tried to take the wing and bumper of with there car, wing all dented, bumper scuffed to bits, headlight broken + sidelight, there are no signs up saying that you park at on risk, manager saying that they cant do a thing and i will have to pay to fix it my self, where do i stand, any info welcome before i go into the M/D and let rip
Same sort of thing happened to me last year with my Classic Turbo. The cctv camera was pointed right at the place where my car was parked. But unfirtunately the camera system where I work was on some sort of timed cross-over and they only had 1 video recorder recording from one camera at a time. Unfortunately I could not get any footage of the incriminating so and so. Luckily the damage was minimal leaving a small dent and scratch. I didn't tell my Insurance company as when you come to get insurance again from other companies this can count against you. Luckily I was still able to get a good trade in against a STi8 this year. Also I had no leg to stand on as the company handbook where I work stated that they would not be held responsible for cars being damaged on company property. Don't wish to be the bearer of bad news. Although you may have a more understanding company policy where you work.
Old 23 October 2004, 10:47 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

It's all too common these days.
We had an idea in work to make some corner protectors out of polystyrene to stick on the corners, then put sandpaper on the outside to collect paint samples.
Old 23 October 2004, 10:48 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Any other paint colour bits on damaged areas of your car? Could help if any other car in park that colour. Perhaps watch out for regular visitors/ delivery vehicles to see if any matching damage or ref colour. Look out for someone at work coming in a different car to usual?
Old 23 October 2004, 11:00 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by laser ed
HELP,

unless like my company they force you to park in thier car park areas , your fecked and it will cost you the repair or you might have a witness to the accident as only a witness will get you what you want