Sponsored by:

Import - RESULT

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2004, 10:26 PM
oldscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import - RESULT

Just a bit of idle chit chat that one or two of you may find interesting (maybe not).

I bought an old (95) import wrx wagon auto a couple of weeks ago, just 3 days after it was landed & promptly went about figuring out the SVA gubbins.

Last thursday I got the call to say it had passed the SVA & could be collected.

Spoke to the transporter guy & he collected it for me Monday & left it with me at 4pm.

Drove it home from my workshop to home, which happens to be beside a local mot centre & obviously I booked it in for today to be legal to drive it there with no plates on. It was tested @ 12:30 today by the VERY strict inspector & he passed it with no comments, no "advise" & a clean sheet

Off to reg it tomorrow & it will hopefully be rolling by the weekend

Now the dilemma
I originally bought it with the idea of going through all the hassle & moving it on to earn a few quid towards another one (nothing serious, just a bit of play dealing from which I reckon anybody MUST earn a few quid to allow for the lemon car that turns up one day). I have to fix the oil leak, refit the CD player (removed by SVA clowns) & give it a once over, but do I keep it for a while before putting it up for sale I havn't driven it far, but love it & I cant decide ???

What would you all expect me to get for it ??? I know what they are being advertised at on autotrader & maybe different areas make a difference but how about some wild guesses not influenced by others guesses. Ebay seems rediculous & I guess that 9/10 go unsold.

Sum it up:
1995 M Wagon Auto
Very tidy bodily (few minor scratches but nothing unusual on most older cars)
Immaculate interior
10 spoke alloys - very good
112,000 km
A/C electrics, folding mirrors ets ALL work perfectly

Obviuosly one years MOT & 5 months tax